BobbyCruz

Bobby Cruz for Governor!

Thank you for visiting the home of our campaign and welcome! I will be posting updates here as they come. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Bobby Cruz. Just like you, I am a citizen of Identity. I think we can all agree that we are incredibly excited for this game to become a reality. Personally, I am eager to see what my fellow citizens choose to do with their lives. Will you pursue a career in law enforcement and bravely commit yourself to protecting others? Will you become a successful, innovative businessperson and provide great products and services to the people of Identity? Perhaps you are a creative mind and will opt to become an artist, interior decorator or furniture designer. No matter what path you choose in Identity, it is critical for you to be able to live your life, fulfill your roles and enjoy yourself in a community that is happy, safe, and equal.

After much thought, I have decided to announce my campaign for Governor. My goal that I commit to you, the citizens, is to provide a community that is constantly harboring a place for your opinions on important matters. Governing is not a one-person job. Having as much input as possible from our citizens is key to a successful, transparent and well-functioning government and society.

Our Goals
If elected, the government will run on three essential platforms: Involvement, Ideas and Impact. Let me explain:

INVOLVEMENT  
This is the foundation of my campaign and will be the foundation of our government if I am elected. In order to successfully carry out my role as governor, I am asking for input from all citizens no matter your background. Each and every one of your opinions matters to me and are vital to shaping a society for our citizens.

Involvement is open to anyone and everyone who is willing to sacrifice their valuable time for the betterment of our society. Opportunities for involvement will include being able to serve on the Governor’s Cabinet, multiple committees across a variety of disciplines such as labor, environment, public policy, and ethics, as well as citizen polls and votes to directly provide the government with your opinion.

IDEAS
Once you become involved, whether it be through the cabinet, committees or taking part in frequent polls and votes, your ideas have the potential to become reality. Have an idea about public policy that you would love to see implemented in our community? Are you unhappy with a recent governing decision and want to voice your opinion for change? Maybe you are living in an area experiencing an unusually high amount of crime and want to establish a neighborhood watch program.

All of these are possible and we want to hear about it. As your governor, I promise you that my team and I will evaluate every single one of your ideas with seriousness, professionalism and promptness. Not one idea gets overlooked in my office. I want to implement your ideas into our community to make it a better place.

IMPACT
Lastly, your ideas become impactful in the community. This is where your ideas about how our community is governed are put in place. When your idea successfully makes it through and is approved by voters, our citizens, we take immediate action to implement it. My commitment to you is that I will enforce these new ideas to the fullest extent of my authority.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we have covered the platforms, I will move on to my stances on important issues facing our world today. I will do my best to keep it short and sweet, and I will welcome your questions at any time!

Issues

TAXES
Tax percentages of income and how they will be distributed are yet to be determined. This is one of the biggest and most controversial parts of a government thus it is a work in progress. I would like to bring on a committed campaign team that I can collaborate with to pursue this venture. Please see “Involvement Opportunities” below for more information on how you can become a part of the campaign.

EQUALITY
Every citizen has the right to pursue any opportunity they desire, so long as it follows the law, no matter their background. I am committed to ensuring that this is enforced, maintained and improved upon throughout my term.

HEALTHCARE
Healthcare is a right for all people. I believe that it should be provided, free of cost, to all of our citizens. Funding will be provided primarily through taxes.

GUN CONTROL
A controversial matter that is of utmost importance. Guns will be very difficult to obtain in our community. Prospects will have to complete an intensive background check, training programs and psychiatric analyses before being considered for a gun permit.

DRUG LAWS
Illicit drugs such as cocaine and methamphetamine will be illegal. Marijuana, alcohol, and tobacco will be fully legalized.  

JOBS AND MINIMUM WAGE
My goal is for every citizen to have a job or career that they enjoy and that they can make a decent living off of. Minimum wage will be set at $15 to ensure that citizens can provide themselves with the basic necessities to live.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INVOLVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Our campaign is currently looking for a number of individuals to assist us across all categories. Please direct message me for an application.

Current Openings:
Campaign Advisors

The Bobby Cruz for Governor Campaign is a committed supporter and volunteer for the Human Rights Preservation Organization. http://tinyurl.com/j2236nw 

Thank you all very much for taking the time to read my post. Please feel free to ask questions, either on this post or through direct message. I look forward to the future of this campaign and the future of our community!

Cruz.jpg

Edited by BobbyCruz
  • Like 6

Well put together, structured, elaborate, and pleasing to the eye (including your logo). I have to admit... well done! :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xilion said:

Well put together, structured, elaborate, and pleasing to the eye (including your logo). I have to admit... well done! :) 

Thank you for the kind words Xilion! I am glad you have stopped by my campaign home. Welcome! If you have any questions, shoot away!

All the best,
Bobby Cruz

32 minutes ago, BobbyCruz said:

Thank you for the kind words Xilion! I am glad you have stopped by my campaign home. Welcome! If you have any questions, shoot away!

All the best,
Bobby Cruz

How will you handle law enforcement?

52 minutes ago, TheoGT said:

How will you handle law enforcement?

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean in terms of funding, keeping them accountable, or something else?

1 hour ago, BobbyCruz said:

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean in terms of funding, keeping them accountable, or something else?

Funding, other laws (Speed limits etc), what police can do, e.g. tasers being allowed straight away no matter what they're doing and stuff like that.

58 minutes ago, TheoGT said:

Funding, other laws (Speed limits etc), what police can do, e.g. tasers being allowed straight away no matter what they're doing and stuff like that.

Thanks for the clarification TheoGT! 

Funding for basic emergency services, such as police and fire will be primarily through taxation. I have yet to determine the percentage of taxes by income and how they will be distributed. I am in contact with the police officers over at the Precinct and I will be taking into account their opinions about what they think is a sufficient amount of funding to be able to operate a successful police force. 

Other policies like the ones you mentioned are dependent upon how much of it is already established in-game. My hope is that the government will be able to have control over a vast majority of policies and laws. If so, speed limits will be standard, and other essential laws will be in-place and enforced.

Police officers will have the authority to enforce the law to it's fullest extent and punish those who are not following the law. There will be no place for abuse of power, police brutality, corrupt officers, or any of the such under my office. I will have strict policies and procedures to prevent such events from occurring. I would also love to have open communication with citizens if they have an experience with the police that they think should have been handled differently.   

Police actions such as tasers and the use of force will be set and monitored under a strict set of guidelines and laws. Police officers may find themselves in difficult situations where they must choose between using force and not. My goal is that through training and experience these officers make the best decision possible, even in the worst of situations. Specifically, to answer your question, tasers will only be used under these circumstances:
1) The individual is detained.
2) The individual is resisting arrest
3) The individual poses a direct threat to the arresting officer (has a weapon, is charging at the officer, etc)

I hope I have answered your questions sufficiently. As always, please ask me for any clarifications or new questions.

All the best,
Bobby Cruz 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Businessmann said:

I will vote 4 U 100%

Agreed you Bobby are the only good governor i have found in the forums 

Bobby Cruz For Governor!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NecroIgy said:

Necroigy, thank you for your support, it is much appreciated! 

16 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Legal weed, cant complain with that...

Trust me. That isn't good

47 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Legal weed, cant complain with that...

Herzog, I'm glad you agree!

35 minutes ago, Arky said:

Trust me. That isn't good

Arky, I'm interested as to why you don't think it's a good idea? I would love to discuss this further and get your input.

All the best,
Bobby Cruz

31 minutes ago, BobbyCruz said:

Herzog, I'm glad you agree!

Arky, I'm interested as to why you don't think it's a good idea? I would love to discuss this further and get your input.

All the best,
Bobby Cruz

Haha, reasons I can't explain friend. 

19 minutes ago, Arky said:

Haha, reasons I can't explain friend. 

Very well, I respect your decision not to speak about it. I am always available to talk about my stances on issues. Feel free to message me if you ever change your mind or would like to discuss anything else.

All the best,
Bobby Cruz

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 4:47 AM, NecroIgy said:

There are a lot of us, about 12! Be sure to look at the list of people running, the names and parties of some candidates aren't correct (like myself), but you'll get the gist!

• Like 2

@BobbyCruz, the only concerns I have are that with higher minimum wage ($15/hr), there comes higher prices of goods due to labor cost increase. This doesn't help the economy much. I'd say the education and training to receive higher paying jobs through hard work would be a better focus as opposed to a simple minimum wage increase.

Also, the rules set for use of force are to be dictated by the Cheif of Police in their Policies and Procedures. Split second decisions sometimes must be made, even if they happen to be the wrong ones. As for criminals with weapons, that is technically a justified use of deadly force. But of course each situation is to be independently assessed. I, myself, have been tased before in training. It's 5 seconds of immobilization, then it's over (although you still feel tingly all over). The only reason people have died from tasers in the past is because of high repeat of 5 second cycles (such as about 10 times, which is criminal) or prior heart or other medical conditions that I'm sure we don't have to worry about in the game. 

When a you receive a 5 second cycle from a taser, your muscles seize up until the electric shock stops. During those 5 seconds, you don't breathe. Continuously cycling electric current through a body causes the muscles and organs to stop working for an extended period of time to the point where they cannot recover on their own.

It's not the taser alone that harms people. It's the mistakes and poor training that some officers receive that make all tasers and officers look bad. In conclusion tasers should be more acceptable in game and the usage/regulation generally falls upon the Chief of Police.

Edited by Lil_Fish
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 0:29 AM, Lil_Fish said:

@BobbyCruz, the only concerns I have are that with higher minimum wage ($15/hr), there comes higher prices of goods due to labor cost increase. This doesn't help the economy much. I'd say the education and training to receive higher paying jobs through hard work would be a better focus as opposed to a simple minimum wage increase.

Also, the rules set for use of force are to be dictated by the Cheif of Police in their Policies and Procedures. Split second decisions sometimes must be made, even if they happen to be the wrong ones. As for criminals with weapons, that is technically a justified use of deadly force. But of course each situation is to be independently assessed. I, myself, have been tased before in training. It's 5 seconds of immobilization, then it's over (although you still feel tingly all over). The only reason people have died from tasers in the past is because of high repeat of 5 second cycles (such as about 10 times, which is criminal) or prior heart or other medical conditions that I'm sure we don't have to worry about in the game. 

When a you receive a 5 second cycle from a taser, your muscles seize up until the electric shock stops. During those 5 seconds, you don't breathe. Continuously cycling electric current through a body causes the muscles and organs to stop working for an extended period of time to the point where they cannot recover on their own.

It's not the taser alone that harms people. It's the mistakes and poor training that some officers receive that make all tasers and officers look bad. In conclusion tasers should be more acceptable in game and the usage/regulation generally falls upon the Chief of Police.

Thank you for your response Lil Fish! Not all my policies and stances are set in stone as we will have to see how customization in the game will be as far as government goes. However, my biggest campaign platform is hearing out citizens and I appreciate your feedback. I absolutely agree about the rules set for use of force. They should be dictated by the Chief of Police, thank you for pointing that out. If you have any more concerns or questions please feel free to comment or direct message me. 

• Like 1

I will be voting you for sure sir i agree with a lot of the above especially the legalisation of marijuana. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaHzxrd said:

I will be voting you for sure sir i agree with a lot of the above especially the legalisation of marijuana. 

Thank you for your support! I am glad that you agree with our campaign. 

You've wrote an exceptional thread and I applaud you for that but, what makes you different from everyone else applying for Governor?

They all have the same ideas but different ways to present them so why should you be picked?

I wish you the best luck nevertheless :)