NutterButter

So as for recreational intoxicant usage

So we all know alcohol makes you see blurry and makes you lean which ever way. I heard that drugs were finding their way into the game, I'm curious if this means they're simply a currency or if you can actually use them. To the actual question, I want to know if we do use which ever, if that gives us addiction points, or advantages/disadvantages to using them. And if they're going to be intensely different or if they're all going to be relatively similar. As I've heard heroine makes you flop on the ground and meth I've heard makes you feel like a gangster, so 28th that in mind, would you get a speed or strength bonus to using such. A sloppy hand to aiming a gun when your alcoholic character is not drunk? And twitching screen when the speed addicted character... Ya.. You get the idea, is this the case in the game? Is it going to be that creative? Or is it simply currency?

Just about everything mentioned is the case. Each drug has pros and cons to use and frequent use will lead to addiction or even an overdose. Rehab isn't cheap, either.

Following on from NUTTERBUTTER's question, will excessive consumption of alcohol and/or drugs have an outwards effect on how a person looks. ie. if one is very drunk will one occasionally stumble or wobble, and if one is addicted to a type of drug, will they have a relevant physical appearance to go with that drug type?

Just now, Suben said:

Following on from NUTTERBUTTER's question, will excessive consumption of alcohol and/or drugs have an outwards effect on how a person looks. ie. if one is very drunk will one occasionally stumble or wobble, and if one is addicted to a type of drug, will they have a relevant physical appearance to go with that drug type?

How far this goes depends on time and budget, really. At the very least though you will stumble when drunk. Driving is probably a bad idea too.

Okay, lastly, how about the durations of these effects? If its on my day off from the police force and i am out drinking with co workers, get heavily drunk and go home, load off of my game, and come back, is there any chance that the game will have me still intoxicated? I ask because the duration of intoxicant has always bugged me with games, how they can be super realistic until that point, where as I want to see drugs be a part of the game, in a sense, cheering in the audience.

I can see where this could become a bore for some players, but if I didn't want to see how bad the intoxicants are- I wouldn't use them as a form of entertainment. I find it logical in a game thats meant to be based directly off of life to the most realistic fashion.

3 hours ago, NutterButter said:

Okay, lastly, how about the durations of these effects? If its on my day off from the police force and i am out drinking with co workers, get heavily drunk and go home, load off of my game, and come back, is there any chance that the game will have me still intoxicated? I ask because the duration of intoxicant has always bugged me with games, how they can be super realistic until that point, where as I want to see drugs be a part of the game, in a sense, cheering in the audience.

I can see where this could become a bore for some players, but if I didn't want to see how bad the intoxicants are- I wouldn't use them as a form of entertainment. I find it logical in a game thats meant to be based directly off of life to the most realistic fashion.

You might still be drunk if you log on, after logging off drunk. I know that is how it works with the jail system, the time has to be spent in game, and if you close the game, your time left in jail freezes. So you might just have to let your guy sober up before logging off. 

Edited by KevinLangston

Interesting jail style. 

"Need a shiv?" lol

So prison works as a recruiting center too? It's not that up tight as to prevent further crime possibilities?

what i would really like to see from drugs/booz is a PLAYER demands for them.

in most games you farm them and then sell them to an npc, it would be great if players had a legitimate reason to buy drugs, other than making a profit. like for example, (i aint no drug expert) shoot some heroin to go blury but be more resistant to damage, snif some coke to gain super speed. how's about show shrooms to help you jump hire

yeah there kinda silly and not realistic, and obv they would be difrent if actually implemented but you get my point

would be funny if your in game mic sped up, or slow down dependant on the drug lol

On 1/1/2016 at 6:57 PM, Douglas said:

I call dibs on running the first rehab facility! I'm gonna make a fortune.

I’ll be your first employee....an on call therapist! Lol

I second the supply and demand aspect of drug use. Though I'm sure all of which will play out in the long term economic fabrics. IRL drug use is a metal experience. On some occasions they buff, like the incident in Florida some years ago where a guy on bath salts (not your bath and body works brand) jumped off of a balcony and proceeded to eat the face off of a guy then received how ever many rounds its was from police before they dropped him. Did the salts turn him into a zombie? Did they give him super abilities? Nah, they just altered his chemistry in such a high dose to become unresponsive to pain and rational thinking. 

In my opinion, it would be a waste to only implement visuals or super buffs. When I'm high I gotta fight my own urges to eat the entire container of ice cream pahaha. My point is, allow the drug use to create a new layer of interactivity between the player and the character. If they're drunk, having to fight keeping up right, letting em lean against the wall until they get their shit together, hell.. even give us an option to make em throw up. Etc etc. 

• Like 1