ebag51

Detectives

Will detectives get called up to solve mysteries? Like who killed someone? Or who broke into a place? The position would very thrilling if so.

Yes I believe that they are looking to have a detective rank with some other perks and such. However I has been confirmed that most likely there will be no unmarked cruisers therefore they will have to be in a regular patrol car or if allowed their own. They will also be easily indicated if a detective. Detectives will most likely just have the ability to work cases and look at evidence.

At the moment I play a ArmA 3 server where the detectives are just like the normal cops but better weapons. 

I really don't know what will be happening within Identity but what ever they do I'm sure we'll all like it!

Me personally I think the rank of detective for major crimes IE: Murder, Large robbery, and drug rings. The role of detective would be very boring when these things are not going on due to great police work done by all involved (We all have quite times right lol). So in theory a detective would accept or deny a case depending on the case report from the patrol officer. If the detective thinks the case is valuable enough to dig in further he/she can do so if not they decline and case closed. At another aspect I would like to see detectives also act as prosecutor, keep their job busy right? These are just ideas my military police experience is vastly different from civilian law enforcement so just some thoughts and ideas. 

In the game the only possible option for someone to have a job as the detective will be just for roleplay. So when the game will be released you should check the servers which focus on heavy roleplay. 

I think of identity being that Carboard box you were given as a child and told it was a car, but then you decided it was plane and that box could literally be whatever you want it to be. Identity much the same if you want to roleplay as a detective you sure can whether there will be actual mechanics to aid being a detective I am not sure either way what you can do in identity is only limited by your imagination :) 

On 1/25/2017 at 6:19 PM, ebag51 said:

Will detectives get called up to solve mysteries? Like who killed someone? Or who broke into a place? The position would very thrilling if so.

Yes, they will.

From what Devs have stated there will be detectives in Identity. From what has been discussed there will be a evidence style system in order to add a unique experience to the role. 

We don't really know the depth of detail in how a crimescene will be, or how detailed the detective role will be, we just know it does exist.