Jakeimpregnator

Bums for hire - Desperate times

My name is Jake the Lender...

I grew up in this town, not as you know it. With your big houses, fancy cars and overpriced clothes that you wear once and forget about.
I know a side to these streets that you've never taken the time to notice. Look behind that trash can, or open the lid... to my world. 

Occasionally this life can chew a man up, swallow him whole and spit him out without a care in the world. That's where i come in. 
Some people call it 'taking advantage', i call it 'seizing an opportunity'. I give people hope, somewhere to eat, sleep... somewhere dry. 
I bring these people in off the streets. I have a small settlement of willing subjects, camped out under a bridge in the darkest pits of town. 
If you made it this far, you came for a reason... our services? 

I can offer any one of my men (for a price) for as long as you choose. 
You may use my men for anything you see fit, all i ask is that you treat them with the respect and dignity that a working man once deserved. 

50% of your payement will go to me
This helps keep my men warm, fed, clean and free from virus or infection. 
50% will go directly to the individual of your choice -
This will give them a headstart, a stepping stone, back into the world they once knew. 

Some return to me, some grow fond of there master. These are desperate times. 

If you require our services, respond below. Equally, if you need a place to call home, even for an unexpected pitstop. You know where to find us.... 

hobo.jpg

• Like 2

On her way to the court house Ryver drove past the bridge known to house a settlement of vagrants. Having had a somewhat unconventional upbringing herself she always felt somewhat a-kin to those living outside society. Normally she would have this passing feeling, sip her $8 coffee and drive on.. but today...rather selfishly she was concentrating on her dreams of becoming DA, and the case she had, was hanging by a thread. She needed evidence and she needed someone with a disdain for society to help.

Driving down the dirty road to the settlement, the small rocks whipping at the side of her car like hail, she contemplated if she was doing the right thing and silenced her mind with conviction that one wrong can sometimes make it right.

Parking up just shy of the entrance, she stepped out with her black sling back heels crushing the dry earth, she walked with poise toward the gate, her grey designer dress clenched to her hourglass figure. She calls for attention at the gate.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2017 at 1:44 AM, Jakeimpregnator said:

My name is Jake the Lender...

I grew up in this town, not as you know it. With your big houses, fancy cars and overpriced clothes that you wear once and forget about.
I know a side to these streets that you've never taken the time to notice. Look behind that trash can, or open the lid... to my world. 

Occasionally this life can chew a man up, swallow him whole and spit him out without a care in the world. That's where i come in. 
Some people call it 'taking advantage', i call it 'seizing an opportunity'. I give people hope, somewhere to eat, sleep... somewhere dry. 
I bring these people in off the streets. I have a small settlement of willing subjects, camped out under a bridge in the darkest pits of town. 
If you made it this far, you came for a reason... our services? 

I can offer any one of my men (for a price) for as long as you choose. 
You may use my men for anything you see fit, all i ask is that you treat them with the respect and dignity that a working man once deserved. 

50% of your payement will go to me
This helps keep my men warm, fed, clean and free from virus or infection. 
50% will go directly to the individual of your choice -
This will give them a headstart, a stepping stone, back into the world they once knew. 

Some return to me, some grow fond of there master. These are desperate times. 

If you require our services, respond below. Equally, if you need a place to call home, even for an unexpected pitstop. You know where to find us.... 

hobo.jpg

Hello there, I'm Governor candidate Bodhi Preston, one of my aims as Governor is to ensure that nobody is forced to live on the streets, as such I hope we can work together to make sure everyone can afford a home to live in and food to eat etc.

Do get in touch if it strikes you as a good opportunity.

Hi Bodhi Preston, I'm happy to have a meeting with you in order to work out better living facilities for my men. Although you must understand, this is how I make my living. Nothing in this life is free, people must work for a good life these days. I'm sure you can appreciate my my concern. 

If you let me know what you have in mind, maybe I can offer my services in return. 

3 hours ago, LemonMeringoo said:

On her way to the court house Ryver drove past the bridge known to house a settlement of vagrants. Having had a somewhat unconventional upbringing herself she always felt somewhat a-kin to those living outside society. Normally she would have this passing feeling, sip her $8 coffee and drive on.. but today...rather selfishly she was concentrating on her dreams of becoming DA, and the case she had, was hanging by a thread. She needed evidence and she needed someone with a disdain for society to help.

Driving down the dirty road to the settlement, the small rocks whipping at the side of her car like hail, she contemplated if she was doing the right thing and silenced her mind with conviction that one wrong can sometimes make it right.

Parking up just shy of the entrance, she stepped out with her black sling back heels crushing the dry earth, she walked with poise toward the gate, her grey designer dress clenched to her hourglass figure. She calls for attention at the gate.

Jake noticed the expensive car drive past, the lady driving looked physically stressed and drained. Her mind looked occupied with modern life, Jake tilts his hat in acknowledgement and understanding.

The lady nods and passes.

Jake opens the gate and asks the lady if she's lost... she seems lost.

The lady explained that she's had a change of heart today and that she'd like to come in and talk. 

As always, Jake welcomes newcomers with open arms. He invites her through the gate.

Entering the settlement, she hunches in close to Jake, placing a light hand on his shoulder, she is familiar with him.

"Jake, that thing we spoke about.. well I need your help. I have need for one of your fine employees"

Her eyes fleet around the rows of beds and dishevelled accommodation.

"But it has to happen quickly, I'm due in court in an hour, and that bastard will get away with it if the prosecution don't have something"

"What do you need? I don't mean to be forward, but you know my services come at a price".

Jake offers her a seat near a fire -

"Don't sit too close, I dont want that nice suit smelling of smoke... tell me what's going on then".

Ryver plants herself cautiously at the fire. Leaning in close.

"How much are we talking Jake?"

She lights up a cigarette, discarding the match in the flames

"I need someone to provide something incriminating to the police, but I can't be suspected.. you hear me?"

"May I have one?" Ryver gives Jake a cigarette.

"It really depends if you need me or my men. Obviously my time is invaluable. I have a place to run. More than just a few hours away from this place could ruin everything I've been working for. Let's stop beating around the bush, tell me exactly what you need and I'll give you a price."

Ryver looks nervous. She knows Jake isn't going to like what he's about to hear.

"I am defending this absolute low life, thankfully he told me where he ditched his car. And I'm betting on there being a good level of DNA evidence in it. I need someone to steal it, and hand it over to the police... well I say hand it over, I mean more...make sure it ends up in their hands. I'm counting on you being my logistics man there. I don't want to know the details for plausible deniability"

Ryver rolls her head as if to crack her neck in an attempt of dominance but a blatant display of anxiety.

"I can stall the proceeding for so long, but this needs to happen today" 

"Consider it done, give me the location of the car and I'll have it brought to the polices attention anonymously". 

"At what price?" Ryver asked, pleasantly surprised...

"Dinner.... on me, and bring a cup of that expensive coffee that I've seen you drinking for each one of my men, they need something to get them going on these cold, early mornings." 

Ryver paused and tilted her head slightly, raised one eyebrow and gave but a suggestion of a smile... Again she looked pleasantly surprised with Jakes request. 

She had seen him most mornings on that same corner, as if he was waiting for her to pass by, just to get a glimpse. She hadn't noticed it before, but now it started to make sense.

23 hours ago, Jakeimpregnator said:

Hi Bodhi Preston, I'm happy to have a meeting with you in order to work out better living facilities for my men. Although you must understand, this is how I make my living. Nothing in this life is free, people must work for a good life these days. I'm sure you can appreciate my my concern. 

If you let me know what you have in mind, maybe I can offer my services in return. 

Gene Smith, I'm also running for Governor. I understand your ethic of "Work for it." That's why I plan to make jobs more accessible and have a top finacial adviser manage money so that everybody will have that economic security that comes with living.

Message me sometime and we can talk more about it.

4 hours ago, Jakeimpregnator said:

"Consider it done, give me the location of the car and I'll have it brought to the polices attention anonymously". 

"At what price?" Ryver asked, pleasantly surprised...

"Dinner.... on me, and bring a cup of that expensive coffee that I've seen you drinking for each one of my men, they need something to get them going on these cold, early mornings." 

Ryver paused and tilted her head slightly, raised one eyebrow and gave but a suggestion of a smile... Again she looked pleasantly surprised with Jakes request. 

She had seen him most mornings on that same corner, as if he was waiting for her to pass by, just to get a glimpse. She hadn't noticed it before, but now it started to make sense.

Ryver hands a screwed up piece of paper to Jake, in childlike hand writing in a vain attempt to hide her own.

On Jake's second request Ryver seems slightly indifferent. abruptly agreeing with "Fine, give it a few days though, don't want to draw unwanted attention. I'll get the press to report on me carrying out a charitable deed for your associates, I might aswel get something out of it" she scoffed, in a sarcastic tone.

Having grown up surrounded with the 'free love' mentality, she often seemed ignorant to fleeting affections, but she wasn't dumb and was not above admitting she sometimes used it to her advantage.

"Anyway.." she threw her cigarette into the fire "I really must get going, I don't want to arise suspicions--You have my number, text me when it's done"

Ryver stood to her feet, smoothed out her dress and catwalked back to her car, not giving a second glance.

Jake sends one of his men to the location. He'd never touch incriminating evidence himself, if something were to go wrong, it would be really bad for business. Instead, he sends Mick.

Mick was a notorious car thief years ago until Jake took him in. His past could prove useful here. 

Armed with just a pair of gloves and a screwdriver, Mick successfully picks up, hotwires and drops the car right outside the local police station with a huge note on the widscreen reading "JUSTICE".

Written using some lipstick he found in the glove box. 

Jake texts Ryver - "It's done".