1. 1. Let's have a great first governor AKA Thomas Hetch

• Yes
    • No
    • May change
  2. 2. Taxes Like or No Like

• Dislike
  3. 3. Healthcare

• Dislike

Hello my name is Thomas Hetch and I am running for governor. I am the founder and CEO of a unnamed security company 

I think it is important that I should be elected governor because I believe that we need a safe, fair, and prosperous state. Since I know how to run a business I can use the economy to  our advantage. If you want proof of how successful Hetch Tech is then you will see when a new branch come to Ash Hill. I think that all races, sexual orientations, religions, and political statuses should be welcome with loving arms in this great state. If you have any ideas or questions then just tell me in the replies. Thank You and don't be afraid to be heard and vote. Last of all my slogan is if you have the ability to help then you have the responsibility to help. This means that if you have a lot of money the you should donate a fair share of it to a charity. My platform right under this. 

Thanks,

Hetch

Edited by ThomasHetch
  • Like 4

Hello and welcome to my political site for governor. I am an part of the Hetch Party if any one has any better names please contact me.

My platform for the island state starts with income tax 5% for people who make $30,000 a year or less. This is my belief because how will the people who make this much be able to put food on the table, pay property tax, utility bills, and other essential parts of life if we tax the hell out of them. 

This is the income tax rate board.

$0- $30,00 = 1.5%tax rate

$30,000- 40,000 =2.5% tax rate

$40,000- $50,000 =3.5%tax rate

$50,000- $70,000=4.5% tax rate

$70,000- $100,000=5.5% tax rate

$100,000- $200,000=8% tax rate

$200,000- $300,000=10% tax rate

$300,000- $500,000=12% tax rate

$500,000- $1,000,000= 12.5% tax rate

$1,000,000 < = 13.5% tax rate

Businesses rate= 2% 

Weapon policies:

I think that there should be no machine guns or military or S.W.A.T grade weapons out on the street. I think that to make this state safer that there shouldn't be assault rifles out on the streets. I think that there should be three categories of weapons out on the street. The first category will be under hunting. This category will have hunting rifles, pistols, and shotguns, scopes will be allowed but no silencers. The second category will be self defense which will include pistols and shotguns, you will be allowed to shoot before you call the police if someone is trying to kill you. Last category will be pleasure guns. These guns you will only be able to shoot at shooting ranges, and you must be trained to shoot them. Extensive background checks will be preformed to buy any of these weapons. You will also have a licence to shoot any of these weapons. That means no criminal record. Butterfly knives and switch blades will be illegal. The only ammo that will be allowed will be general ammo. 

Crimes:

In a Thomas Hetch island(if there ever is one) there will be lower crime rates because I will encourage the officers, politicians, and other high ranked people to interact not only with their friends but the community so they know that we care about them. 

Drug Policies: 

Weed, tobacco, alcohol, and prescription drugs will be the only legal drugs. 

Jobs and min wage:

I think that the minimum wage should be $15 an hour. Don't fire people if they make one little mistake business owners. Minimum layoffs would be great.

Oil drilling: 

I support oil drilling as long as it is done in the correct matter. We can't have marine life dying. 

Voting: 

I don't have any stance on people with criminal records voting. That means I don't care. I care about what the people say and that is what will be done. I think that though that everyone should be able to vote.

Death Penalty:

I think for really bad crimes people should get the death penalty. bad crime include murder and terrorism only 

Healthcare: I think together we can make a affordable healthcare system that will benefit everyone upper, middle, and lower class all together. I will help doctors make a decent pay check. There will be three classes of care. Basic, Premium, and Business. All include doctor checkups for when you are sick and annually on birthdays.

Basic: Up to $1.5 million in medical coverage. Medicine bills coverage up to $250,000.

Lower class rate: $100/mo Mid class rate: $200/mo Upper class rate: $300/mo

Premium: Up to $2.5 million in medical coverage. Medicine bills coverage up to $500,000.

Lower class rate: $200/mo Mid class rate: $400/mo Upper class rate: $500/mo

Business: Up to $2 million in medical coverage. Medicine bills coverage up to $300,000.

Business rate: $250/mo employee for lower class $350/mo employee for mid class and $450/mo for upper class employee

Corruption:

This issue will be dealt  with by making any law enforcement or office get punished when they do something wrong which can range from suspension all the way to jail time. There should be more government transparency to stop corruption and to prove that the government is not corrupt. Then we will set a budget guideline so the budget handlers wont just spent the money the government gives them on what ever the hell they want. Then we just need to keep a close eye on people who are suspected for corruption.  

Welfare: 

I will only give welfare for people who really need it. This will be a work for welfare system. If you need more money then the government will pay the person who needs welfare with income so they will get to a state where they wont need to use welfare anymore. 

That is all I have at the moment but if anyone out there has more I ideas just message me. 

And remember if you have the ability to help then you have the responsibility.

What I mean in my slogan is that say a rich person has the money to spare to help people in need then they have the responsibility and should feel obliged to hep people in need. People won't be forced to pay up because that will be taking away their free will, but the idea will be strongly encouraged. If they do this they will be rewarded in their income tax by having 50% of what they donated to charity taken away. So if you wanted to pay no money to the government then you will have to pay double your original rate or you could evade and go to jail and have to pay quadruple you original rate, but hey it is helping the state. To get this straight I am not accusing rich people of doing this but I am sure some people will. But besides that the other stuff about charity is what I mean by " If You Have The Ability To Help Then You Have The Responsibility To Help" 

I have a Vice President that will run my business if I am elected to office because I need to put a full focus on to the island to make it the best we can  

Thank you,

Thomas Hetch 

Edited by ThomasHetch
  • Like 3

Constructive Criticism:

Tax rates seem pretty good up until we get to the higher income levels. Perhaps having half of your money taken at 1,000,000 is a little too much?

Definitely need some more detail on the healthcare plan, ie: How exactly do you plan to achieve an affordable health care act?

Your slogan? are you implying wealthy individuals will be forced to give a certain percentage of their wealth to charities and such, or are you implying that wealthy people should feel obliged to do so?

How do you plan to run a business and an island at the same time? Hopefully you plan on having someone to take care of the business while you tend to politics? as well as when you first jump into Identity, which will you pursue first: business or politics?

Good Luck with your campaign and business!

Edited by KingBen1223
I was being a jerk
  • Like 2

With my Universal Healthcare and not banning guns the Island would produce more money and become more stable. 

Gene Smith, vote for me if you'd like a government that wants to make money for the people. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ThomasHetch said:

This is the income tax rate board.

$0- $30,00 = %5 tax rate

$30,000- 40,000 =10% tax rate

$40,000- $50,000 =20%tax rate

$50,000- $70,000=30% tax rate

$70,000- $100,000=35% tax rate

$100,000- $200,000=40% tax rate

$200,000- $300,000=45% tax rate

$300,000- $500,000=46% tax rate

$500,000- $100,000,000=47% tax rate

$1,000,000 < =55% tax rate

Businesses rate= 25% 

The rates I would have and some British real rates.

Business rate: 20% This I think would be better as 25% is a bit too high.

I will give you the rates I think would be good: (Going off Real Life British rates roughly....) 

$0 - $14,000 = 10% ( I added this because really in England we don't get taxed on up to earning £11,000 which is roughly $14,000)

$14,001 - $53,000 = 20%

$53,001 - 186,000 = 40% 

$186,001+ = 45%

Business rate: 20%

or 

My own rates I would put would be: 

$0 - $20,000 = 10%

$20,001 - $50,000 = 20%

$50,001 - $100,000 = 30% 

$100,001 - $200,000 = 35%

$200,001 - $400,000 = 40%

$400,001+ = 45%

Business rates: 

Lower Rate: 20% on profits of $150,000 or less

Medium Rate: 23% on profits of $150,001 - $400,000

Higher Rate: 25% on profits of $400,001 or more.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

The rates I would have and some British real rates.

Business rate: 20% This I think would be better as 25% is a bit too high.

I will give you the rates I think would be good: (Going off Real Life British rates roughly....) 

$0 - $14,000 = 10% ( I added this because really in England we don't get taxed on up to earning £11,000 which is roughly $14,000)

$14,001 - $53,000 = 20%

$53,001 - 186,000 = 40% 

$186,001+ = 45%

Business rate: 20%

or 

My own rates I would put would be: 

$0 - $20,000 = 10%

$20,001 - $50,000 = 20%

$50,001 - $100,000 = 30% 

$100,001 - $200,000 = 35%

$200,001 - $400,000 = 40%

$400,001+ = 45%

Business rates: 

Lower Rate: 20% on profits of $150,000 or less

Medium Rate: 23% on profits of $150,001 - $400,000

Higher Rate: 25% on profits of $400,001 or more.

Hope this helps.

I will look into this but what about my other issues.

I find the text brackets somewhat insane (45% on 400000 for a business? Talk about bankruptsy) as well as some policies that aren't needed (Global Warming).

I am not sure if setting up brackets now is wise, considering we have no understanding of the market we will be entering into. Your brackets may be too inflated for the actual economy, or on the flip side, they may be too low. 

Also the bias in your Poll is comical. You have a "Yes, And I Won't Change My Mind" but there is no, "No" option, with a similar or equal carry. 

Lastly is it a conflict of interest to own and operate a business and run for office at the same time. I would suggest one of the other. If you want to RP it, be realistic (that is too ALL Candidates thinking this isn't conflict of interest....it clearly is). If this is your and many other candidates ideals, then I will be pushing for the Candidates that clearly see the conflict and the possible corruption with this ideal. 

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo
Stupid Conflict Of Interest
  • Like 1

I have not decided who I want for mayor yet however I am interested in your policies. 

Things I like: I like how you are going to be more supportive for the police than all of the other candidates. I also like your idea on legal drugs because I want to be a cop and even though I don't like the idea of weed being allowed it would most likely boost citizen and police relationships I like the other legal drug ideas as well.

Things I don't like: like everyone has said I don't like your tax system it seems like the only people it would benefit is the lower class the middle class and upper class would be pretty screwed because even though the upper class would consist of wealthy entrepreneurs that make lots of money, that money would basically be cut in half for what probably just ensuring gun control and other basic functions. That's the only thing I would fix though as of right now.

I agree with your healthcare plan as of right now because I also think we all need affordable healthcare. However I agree with Mr. Smith that we need to understand your healthcare plan a little more in detail such as explaining how doctors get paid is it from our taxes or are you paying them yourself with your money from your business. However I do disagree with Mr. Smith on his gun control plan because people have no reason to be carrying ak-47's in the streets the only reason most people would use that for is for harm. I agree that people we need to control however that is extremely hard and risky because those people are unstable and lives are at risk. If we controlled people that would just be chaotic. If we just take those guns off the market people will still be able to use it and do evil things however it will be so much easier to control because the only acessable place would be a firing range or something similar. This is not banning guns this is ensuring police and innocent citizens safety. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will think about this message as I will enjoy working as a police officer with any of the candidates elected.

Cade Strikemen

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasHetch said:

Any way @Calico you are linked to a Mafia. Why are you worrying over taxes when

so you don't have a logical right to say that ihat is insane. I am sure people could live off $550,00 per year. Here is proof that you are part of a Mafia. http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/2103-luprano-family/?page=4#comment-33646

Do I detect an assumption here, mr. Hetch? I do hope you are not implying Mr. Napolitano (Calico henceforth) has underworld ties to any sort of criminal syndicate. Mr. Calico is a perfectly legitimate businessman.
Obviously a man of your status and intellect can deduct that the provided proof of your claim is simply the result of a so-called 'forum game', and is in no way credible evidence to say mr. Calico is linked to any form of criminal organization. 

I am sure you understand that implying mr. Calico will be, as you say (and I quote) "tax evading" can (and will) severely impact your credibility and status as a fair politician. Obviously, this false and henious accusation should not go unpunished as it can lead to an incredible dent in mr. Calico's good name.

@Calico Mr Napolitano / Calico, if you need further legal representation concerning this most grievous accusation, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ThomasHetch said:

Any way @Calico you are linked to a Mafia. Why are you worrying over taxes when you will be tax evading so you don't have a logical right to say that ihat is insane. I am sure people could live off $550,00 per year. Here is proof that you are part of a Mafia. http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/2103-luprano-family/?page=4#comment-33646

Just because I may or may not be affiliated with organized crime, doesn't mean I won't pay taxes. 

What you should be worried about is people not taking kindly to you being very outlandish and immature as a candidate for Governor.

• Like 2

I respect your opinion I am just saying many Mafias don't pay taxes. You are connected to a Mafia and the link proves that he is part of criminal organization.

Edited by ThomasHetch

Question, Mr. Hetch.

First of all. You seem, as of right now, the most bent on becoming governor, as I've seen you everywhere. I respect this drive and passion towards your goal, and it says a lot regarding your character and ambition.

My question is this. How do you plan on running a business and the island at the same time. Surely you can see, perhaps, a conflict of interests between the two ventures. While I respect your ambition, I simply fear, as many other voters may, that you may end up using your seat in public office to influence profit of your business. To what security can we have for you to best protect the interests of our citizens, while putting us first and business second?

Sorry if this was too long by the way. Just want to clear up any concerns I may have. Thanks!

I have a vice pres that will run the company if I am to be elected because my focus will be completely  on the Island so I and the citizens will be able to make the Island the best we can so if I am elected the next governor wont inherit a mess.

5 minutes ago, ThomasHetch said:

I have a vice pres that will run the company if I am to be elected because my focus will be completely  on the Island so I and the citizens will be able to make the Island the best we can so if I am elected the next governor wont inherit a mess.

Wouldn't it be best to sign over ownership? Even though you Vice President would hypothetically run your company while you are governor, would still cause a conflict of interest, as you would still draw a salary from your business and still hold primary ownership over your business. 

Regardless of your transparency or distance from your company,  the fact that you would still hold power and draw a salary, the public still could question your ethics.

25 minutes ago, Sporan said:

Question, Mr. Hetch.

First of all. You seem, as of right now, the most bent on becoming governor, as I've seen you everywhere. I respect this drive and passion towards your goal, and it says a lot regarding your character and ambition.

My question is this. How do you plan on running a business and the island at the same time. Surely you can see, perhaps, a conflict of interests between the two ventures. While I respect your ambition, I simply fear, as many other voters may, that you may end up using your seat in public office to influence profit of your business. To what security can we have for you to best protect the interests of our citizens, while putting us first and business second?

Sorry if this was too long by the way. Just want to clear up any concerns I may have. Thanks!

BTW im the vice pres

44 minutes ago, ThomasHetch said:

True true I will think about it

Thanks for getting back to me and answering my question. I'd like to know when you have a solid answer, as government corruption could be an issue when mingling with business ventures.

Anyway, good luck on the campaign trail!

I will right away but right now I need to focus on healthcare plans rather then planing for the future I need to make my campaign stronger. Thank you.

• Like 1