Banteel

Practical Applications for Using Drugs ingame

I have one idea for the practical use of smoking weed ingame, and using other drugs too.

The idea is to add value to an artistic craft after having smoked the weed for being high. Like, you get the weed however you wish. Then, when you smoke it and for example make a painting, as long as the crafting is done within the duration of the high, the painting gains a tag that says the creator was high on such n such drug, which in turn adds either a small amount of actual game dynamic value to the original and the painting's prints, along with the social value for having created something artistic while being on whatever drug.

This can apply to all drugs and give all artistic creations some game dynamic value to whatever crafted item or musical composition, etc.

What do you guys think? Please comment and suggestions.

Edited by Banteel
clarification
  • Like 1

Good Idea, but I don't think that is fair or realistic because I don't believe it adds value in real life, so my thoughts are I would say not a thing to add in this game.

Interesting concept, although I don't think that is the approach devs are going to take. 

I believe some base drugs such as pot and alcohol, maybe even Tobacco will only have base, superficial effects (heightened colours, shapes, blur, trailing, etc) and chances are will have limited side effects (like hang overs, nausea, sickness, etc).

Some harder drugs will be ability boosters,  such as; taking more damage before death, having more stamina before fatigue, heightening of some abilities such as hearing and Sight, etc. These harder drugs would also have side effects which would also be relative to the ability gained while under the influence, such as; temporary or long-term weakening, hearing loss, vision loss, addiction, or even death.  The side effects would depend on drug usage, length of usage, amount of usage, potency of the drug(s), and length without usage. 

That is my thoughts tho, when the devs release more info on drugs, their effects, side effects,  usage, production and selling. 

They said that maybe you will get a small boost like speed or something. But the side affects are worse than the benefits.