Sign in to follow this  
Lightning

Public Feedback After Violations Idea

Hey Everyone,

See what people might think of this idea, not sure if its been mentioned though.

Idea was, after  traffic stop or minor violation if the person who was caught doing the violation could give feedback about the officer. I'll use me for example, I pull someone over, Im respectful, curious, helpful, etc, afterward the other people gets a message or maybe an email gets sent to them from the police asking how it was. Im not sure how we could monitor it though so people dont give false claims and always negative. Maybe if rated positive that the officer gets promoted faster or they get a reward of some sort. We'd also need to make sure people dont use their friends and keep getting pulled over in a row to promote faster and use as an exploit. Maybe people get 1 freebee per officer or something?

Just a though, love to hear feedback.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lightning said:

Hey Everyone,

See what people might think of this idea, not sure if its been mentioned though.

Idea was, after  traffic stop or minor violation if the person who was caught doing the violation could give feedback about the officer. I'll use me for example, I pull someone over, Im respectful, curious, helpful, etc, afterward the other people gets a message or maybe an email gets sent to them from the police asking how it was. Im not sure how we could monitor it though so people dont give false claims and always negative. Maybe if rated positive that the officer gets promoted faster or they get a reward of some sort. We'd also need to make sure people dont use their friends and keep getting pulled over in a row to promote faster and use as an exploit. Maybe people get 1 freebee per officer or something?

Just a though, love to hear feedback.

I think this is an alright idea, but I think would people will exploit it by getting all their friends to do it which will be exploited so I think it will just be good not to benefit the officer / it will ask about a anonymous officer that they encountered but it will be a random survey sort of thing.

I love the idea to be honest but in reality and keeping things in the game realistic it just couldn't work. Police generally are not known to be extremely polite for many reasons. Now of course some are and some are not depending how the approach each situation. One idea would be though citizens could contact the department themselves to talk about the officers behavior either good or bad. But to be honest I had calls about myself saying I was very rude and angry during a traffic stop, come to find out its because they got a ticket and that made the driver view myself that way.

On 1/28/2017 at 5:09 PM, Kracken said:

I love the idea to be honest but in reality and keeping things in the game realistic it just couldn't work. Police generally are not known to be extremely polite for many reasons. Now of course some are and some are not depending how the approach each situation. One idea would be though citizens could contact the department themselves to talk about the officers behavior either good or bad. But to be honest I had calls about myself saying I was very rude and angry during a traffic stop, come to find out its because they got a ticket and that made the driver view myself that way.

That sucks, I got a pretty bad ticket just before Christmas and the officer filed it "late" and I never got the ticket. I tend to call and give good or bad reviews. I was doing 90kph in a 50. I saw him, looked at my speed and was like "fffffcckkkk" and then just pointed I'll drive into where he was  sitting so he didnt have to pull out and get me lol. It was in a construction zone on a Sunday. I knew better and I was straight up about it and then we shot the shit after for about 5-10 minutes and went on our ways.

I have a number of friends who are cops in here Toronto and the crap they got to deal with and the stories I hear...god damn. Definitely deserve more credit than they get.