Sign in to follow this  
Zulnex

Road Infrastructure

Hello everyone.

I was thinking for the past few days about the importance of a proper road infrastructure in Identity. I know that many players will not find this topic particularly interesting. However, I have decided to share a few ideas and discuss their importance here.

So, what is exactly a road infrastructure?

"Roads are a critical component of any city's transportation infrastructure. The maintenance and rehabilitation of city streets ensures that the movement of people, as well as goods and services, continues effectively and efficiently."

According to Wikipedia, there are quite a few different Road Infrastructure categories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Road_infrastructure

I know that it would be impossible for Developers to address each and every one of the above mentioned categories. Therefore, I will now mention just a few and briefly explain their potential importance in Identity.

Firstly, let's start with the pavement markings.

"Road surface markings are used on paved roadways to provide guidance and information to drivers and pedestrians."

These would be very important in Identity for all those who are interested in following the traffic rules and help make everyones journey safer and less stressful.

It would be impossible to include every single possible pavement marking in game, but maybe just a few important ones could make a huge difference in safety of Identity's drivers and overall enjoyment of the game.

Here are a few examples:

twtlg.gif

fwylg.gif

For those interested, there is lots more information here:
http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/services/publications/fhwaop02090/twtmarkings_lgview.htm

Secondly, let's briefly discuss the traffic signs.

"Traffic signs or road signs are signs erected at the side of or above roads to give instructions or provide information to road users."

This category is pretty much self explanatory. However, it's very important as well.

Some basic signs would be very welcome in Identity for everyone's safety. Also, it would greatly help police officers to enforce the laws. If there are no traffic signs and road markings, it would be very hard to determine which driver was at fault in case of an accident. Basically our roads would be extremely dangerous.

Here are just a few examples:

uiig-fig8-15.JPG

crossbuck_lg.jpg

There is tons of more information here for those who wish to find out more:

http://www.trafficsign.us

Thirdly, I just wish to briefly mention city/highway guardrails.

"Guard rail or guardrail, sometimes referred to as guide rail or railing, is a system designed to keep people or vehicles from (in most cases unintentionally) straying into dangerous or off-limits areas."

Guardrails would be absolutely crucial in Identity to protect the drivers against bad accidents and save lives in the process. Hopefully guardrails will be present on Identity's most dangerous roads.

end-cap-500x375.jpg

By all means - feel free to discuss your views here if you are interested.

Thank you and drive safe!

Edited by Zulnex
  • Like 4