So, I used the search function (which, as many, I rarely do) and found that there were not a single topic about dogs or K-9's. So, welll, why not bring it up, and see if its worth a shot on the forums.

Basically, my idea is that an AI controlled dog could in some way come with cops, or just bystanders, kept in leash, or free, and they could take commands and do drug searches, or be released after suspects or intruders [looking at it from a both cop view and bystander view].

Of course some restrains will have to be made so that it isnt like an overpowered element in the game. Cops could have dog transports like trucks / vans to transport their dogs, and since, preassumably cops will have to be active "X" amounts of "time" on the servers to keep the role as a officer, I guess that that would leave enough time to having to take care of their K-9 partners, so that its not a thing like "Set it, and Forget it".

Alright, look. Just wanted to bring this up, since I watched a video on YT about police dogs [from Officer401], and it brought me to think [for some really strange reason] about this specific game, and if it could be added. Just want to see if people would like to have this. (And I guess that restrictions could be made depending on how these furry, cute, partners could function; good / bad.)

{[(EDIT: Apparently, the search function is broken as balls (And why I dont like using it) since when I search for things, I found nothing, next second when I search for the same thing, EVERYTHING appears! WTF?!)]}

Edited by Stelland1234
  • Like 2

I think this really would be an excellent idea that, yes, would have to be modified heavily just so it's useful in a sense, but not overpowering. But it would bring in a lot of more interesting situations. Dogs being able to chase down a fleeing criminal without the danger of an officer running after them. (Dunno if this is a repeat suggestion or not, but still like to provide my input)

The devs haven't informed us about any K-9 dogs, so I can't really tell. They could always change their mind and develop it, but probably after release. But honestly I don't think they are going to add them, for the simple reason bc they want to make as much RP as possible (they won't even add airplanes/helicopters so that ppl have to encounter each other on the street.) But a chance is there that someone will make a mod for the privat servers.

I think in Town Square there aren't gonna be any dogs because Paratus said that they're focusing on humen, but who knows, maybe they'll put them in the beta, or the final release.

I mean, even in something like Town Square they could be usefull. Imagine a pet shop, where you can go in, and maybe pick out a nice dog, train it, walk it, and when the releases, you can use your dog in one way or another for work. And pet shops can also be used for more than only dogs. Imagine coming home to your apartment, being greeted by your parrot, or a stroke around ylur leg by a cat! Ahh, the ideas... (I do understand thoiu that making for example having a cat go up to you and stroke your wleg would be quite the demanding on the programming, and is quite useless... This is just me theorising...)