Do a poll, asking wich party we wud vote for, and a little description of each.

I think it wud help people like myself to get an overview of what parties we are going to have, and what their different views on everything will be.

I think it would be funny if they marked their top 3 main focuses, but I would also personally like to know their views on:

Guns, homosexuals, taxes, unemployment and penalties.

5 minutes ago, Sasper said:

Do a poll, asking wich party we wud vote for, and a little description of each.

I think it wud help people like myself to get an overview of what parties we are going to have, and what their different views on everything will be.

I think it would be funny if they marked their top 3 main focuses, but I would also personally like to know their views on:

Guns, homosexuals, taxes, unemployment and penalties.

Are you asking the people running or the people voting to explain themselves? I didn't quite understand that.

6 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Are you asking the people running or the people voting to explain themselves? I didn't quite understand that.

Both would be interesting. But I would also like to know who people would vote for, and instead of everybody having to look thru every post, I think it would be easier with a poll, and a short description of every party.

6 minutes ago, Sasper said:

Both would be interesting. But I would also like to know who people would vote for, and instead of everybody having to look thru every post, I think it would be easier with a poll, and a short description of every party.

Well then let me be first to introduce myself.

I am Gene Smith and I am running for Governor of The Island. I will answer you questions and anymore you may have after.

I am currently sided with a Conservative Party and plan to change most things on the Island to make it as friendly as possible.

Guns- I've actually answered this in my official post for my announcement. But I don't plan on banning guns. Guns are truthfully not the problem. It's the person that carries them, that's the problem. A farmer shouldn't have to be defenseless when people are disrespecting his farmland, just because it's decided people can't carry weapons anymore. Weapons won't be banned, but there will be a strict protocol to ensure bad people don't get guns.

Homosexuals- I particularly don't have a problem with homosexuality. I'm not gay but I've known many homosexuals in my life. I find homosexuality to be a to sided thing. One side you have homosexuality and the other you have the fear of homosexuals trying to turn people children into homosexuals. But whatever people decide to be, they won't be discriminated by me.

Taxes- Another thing I've covered, taxes are something that thrive in the government. If it weren't for taxes Government spending would possibly cease to exist. My plan is to tax according to the person or businesses income. Lower class individuals would pay a substantially less amount paired to a upper classes tax. It's all to make everything move in a smoother motion rather than shaking an entire class of people. 

Unemployment- My goal for this goes back to taxes. With taxing being fair and divided, we see a better economy with more stores opening because of the economic growth. With this, I hope to abolish unemployment all together.

Penalties- I do assume you mean jailing penalties. (Excuse me if I'm wrong.) But jailing is difficult to pinpoint mainly because a clear time frame has yet to be fully discussed. Yes you can spend up to 20 minutes in jail, but I would probably make it more than that. I want to prevent a man buying a gun, shooting 10 people and then walking out in 20 minutes. I want him to stay in jail so we can avoid further problems like this.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Well then let me be first to introduce myself.I am Gene Smith and I am running for Governor of The Island. I will answer you questions and anymore you may have after.

I am currently sided with a Conservative Party and plan to change most things on the Island to make it as friendly as possible.

Guns- I've actually answered this in my official post for my announcement. But I don't plan on banning guns. Guns are truthfully not the problem. It's the person that carries them, that's the problem. A farmer shouldn't have to be defenseless when people are disrespecting his farmland, just because it's decided people can't carry weapons anymore. Weapons won't be banned, but there will be a strict protocol to ensure bad people don't get guns.

Homosexuals- I particularly don't have a problem with homosexuality. I'm not gay but I've known many homosexuals in my life. I find homosexuality to be a to sided thing. One side you have homosexuality and the other you have the fear of homosexuals trying to turn people children into homosexuals. But whatever people decide to be, they won't be discriminated by me.

Taxes- Another thing I've covered, taxes are something that thrive in the government. If it weren't for taxes Government spending would possibly cease to exist. My plan is to tax according to the person or businesses income. Lower class individuals would pay a substantially less amount paired to a upper classes tax. It's all to make everything move in a smoother motion rather than shaking an entire class of people. 

Unemployment- My goal for this goes back to taxes. With taxing being fair and divided, we see a better economy with more stores opening because of the economic growth. With this, I hope to abolish unemployment all together.

Penalties- I do assume you mean jailing penalties. (Excuse me if I'm wrong.) But jailing is difficult to pinpoint mainly because a clear time frame has yet to be fully discussed. Yes you can spend up to 20 minutes in jail, but I would probably make it more than that. I want to prevent a man buying a gun, shooting 10 people and then walking out in 20 minutes. I want him to stay in jail so we can avoid further problems like this.

Sounds good, thanks for your time ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sasper said:

Sounds good, thanks for your time ;)

No problem. Hopefully this helped you decide. :)

I will vote for whoever offers the most to the development of economy and the preservation of the free market. I also believe that Politicians should have power over admins in some regards IE. if a politician passes a law saying that on one night a year all crime is legal, Admins shouldn't ban people for RDM.

Edit: Not that I would vote for any politician that passed a stupid law like that, it was just an example.

Edited by uncannierlink
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

I will vote for whoever offers the most to the development of economy and the preservation of the free market. I also believe that Politicians should have power over admins in some regards IE. if a politician passes a law saying that on one night a year all crime is legal, Admins shouldn't ban people for RDM.

Edit: Not that I would vote for any politician that passed a stupid law like that, it was just an example.

At least you're sensible and wanting a stable economic community. I'd like to speak further with you if you don't mind in PM's about what you'd like to see happen.

6 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

At least you're sensible and wanting a stable economic community. I'd like to speak further with you if you don't mind in PM's about what you'd like to see happen.

Message me at your leisure.

Fictional party to be discussed in OOC and promising sth with lack of knowledge about game limits. OMG

Edited by MrBot