Sign in to follow this  
Napalm

Hey there.

Joshua Rasberry, or Napalm. I loved the life mods in Arma 3 to death, so I'm pretty damn excited for Identity. I'm making this topic a way I can introduce myself and my past life endeavors, both the dumb shit and the cool shit. Picture this as a sort of short history novel, but a little more interesting to read.

I was a policeman in the first Stratis Life server. That was back in Arma 3's Alpha, when there were about four guns and 3 square centimeters of playable land. Over two weeks I worked my way up to being the police captain. I managed recruitment, trained the new guys, etc. Once, I landed a helicopter on top of one of those spherical radars. One of the cops took a screenshot, and it looked like a horribly misshapen penis... so naturally, the picture made it to the front page of the server's website. It all was great fun. Sadly, nothing good lasts forever, and the 60 person server vanished overnight due to an internal dispute between the two owners. That wasn't fun.

For about a year, I retired to the Wasteland. Amazing servers. Many of my old police pals joined me, and we were pretty awesome. We would join Opfor, get a group of 10-20 guys, build a huge base and own the server for a couple hours. Occasionally a good friend and I would say we were leaving the game, change our names, and rejoin the server on Independent just to see how well the group could hold up. We'd usually kill them all and have a good laugh about it.

Then I took a break from Arma. That is, until I got a buzz from a good friend telling me he really wanted me to join an Altis Life server. I decided to jump back in. Before I knew it, I was up to my knees in marijuana and cash. We made a couple million, got a few new friends, and started a successful military company. We were Hornet Protection Services. Our uniforms and vehicles were all yellow, and hostile members of the server learned a new meaning for the color: professionalism and efficiency.

Again, nothing lasts. Over time the server got boring. It's not that the developers sucked, it's just that the Arma platform sucked. We all got tired of dealing with it. It was the same old thing over and over again, and the server lag on my brand new computer really started to get to me. Then college started, and my classes were so time consuming that I simply had no way to find time for some laggy, repetitive game between my social life and studies.

During this time, the only games I ever played were Civ V and Wasteland with one of my friends from out-of-state. Neither of us had much more than an hour at a time to play, but when we played, we had fun. Sometimes we were the top 2 on the leaderboard, sometimes the last 2; it primarily depended on how much dicking around we did. Don't you dare tell me there's something wrong with running up to enemies completely naked screaming at them to run from the nonexistent zombie hoard. "Wait, this isn't DayZ?" *Gunshot*

And so, here I am now. I have 1125 hours in Arma 3, and I regret nothing. I've spent countless hours leading police units, stealing tanks in Wasteland, producing mountains of drugs, and conversing with police on why they should hire my private security group.

I want to do it again.

Howdy, Identity. It's gonna be fun.

Edited by Napalm

Hello and Welcome to the identity community!

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Please feel free to use the resources on this forum/ website to gather information on the game.

If you have not found something within the resources, please don't hesitate to ask as everyone here is happy to help!

Cheerio!