sleepysadkid

Suggestions for Similar Type Games

This is basically the game I've been searching for, for years and I was wondering if anyone here knows of any games similar to it since I can't even play it, yet? 

I'm so sorry if someone already made a thread about this, I searched keywords like similar and stuff but I didn't find anything so I just decided to make my own thread.

The only games I've played before that I've liked are Skyrim, Sims, and Red Dead Redemption and my enjoyment of those don't even come close to my excitement for this game so if you guys can think of games like this that are already out or will be soon, I would love you forever for telling me. 

Arma 3 Life / Altis Life

The developers of this game also have an Altis Life server so I suggest you chefk that out, you just buy Arma 3 on steam (Winter sale right now!) and you find their server in the server browser and you join it. If you just put Role playing game in the filter options all the life server should pop up, some of them require mods but Altis Life doesn't.

I bought Arma 3 but literally every time I tried to get on a server the mod kicked me off.

Not sure if it's because I was new or they just didn't want anyone else in the server or what but I'm doing trying.

But thank you so much for the suggestion! It looks like it would have been really cool if I had actually been able to play. 

sure. someone who uses a female's photo asks a question that has been asked multiple times and everyone acts like "oh, i'll answer and i'll get boobs". that's the most ridicilous thing ever (similar to falling in love in world of warcraft) xD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

sure. someone who uses a female's photo asks a question that has been asked multiple times and everyone acts like "oh, i'll answer and i'll get boobs". that's the most ridicilous thing ever (similar to falling in love in world of warcraft) xD

lol i didn't look at the vatar pic, I read the thread and gave the "similar" thing to identity e.g. PERP on gmod as Identity is sort of inspired by it like A3L

11 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

lol i didn't look at the vatar pic, I read the thread and gave the "similar" thing to identity e.g. PERP on gmod as Identity is sort of inspired by it like A3L

sure  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 1/7/2017 at 2:59 PM, Shimozukachi said:

lol it's interesting that you come on here just to be rude

I literally did like 10 different searches for keywords to find similar games and when I couldn't find anything I made this post here because I figured that the community was intended for helping people who enjoy the game, not for people who were just trying to feel superior or whatever.

Or maybe you're just salty because my profile pic actually is me and you've never been near someone who looks like me irl? Sorry if that's the case but in the future please don't attack pointlessly due to your own insecurities. I'm just here to have a good time because the game looks cool and I'm too afraid of getting in trouble for stealing pictures off of the internet to use anything other than myself as a profile picture. 

Your post has no business in this thread. I came here to find information, not snarky attacks.

Once again, I apologize if this question had been answered before but I legitimately could not find it and I even stated that at the beginning of my post. The fact that you still felt the need to make your post is much more ridiculous than people answering a valid question. Thanks for your input I guess but it's irrelevant so it was kinda useless. 

1 hour ago, sleepysadkid said:

lol it's interesting that you come on here just to be rude

I literally did like 10 different searches for keywords to find similar games and when I couldn't find anything I made this post here because I figured that the community was intended for helping people who enjoy the game, not for people who were just trying to feel superior or whatever.

Or maybe you're just salty because my profile pic actually is me and you've never been near someone who looks like me irl? Sorry if that's the case but in the future please don't attack pointlessly due to your own insecurities. I'm just here to have a good time because the game looks cool and I'm too afraid of getting in trouble for stealing pictures off of the internet to use anything other than myself as a profile picture. 

Your post has no business in this thread. I came here to find information, not snarky attacks.

Once again, I apologize if this question had been answered before but I legitimately could not find it and I even stated that at the beginning of my post. The fact that you still felt the need to make your post is much more ridiculous than people answering a valid question. Thanks for your input I guess but it's irrelevant so it was kinda useless. 

i'm tired of that shit. 

first of all:

"Your post has no business in this thread."

it has. your question has been asked multiple times by multiple different peoples and everyone has to ask the completely same question because searching for "do games that are similar to identity exist?" won't give you any results.

this discussion will be exactly like this:

i tell you to use the search bar (because this question has been asked multiple times but everyone thinks he/she's the special one that is allowed to create a completely new thread about the same topic)

you tell me that my post makes no sense etc. etc. etc. 

and it ends with me asking you: "why do you want people in a forum to suggest you roleplaygames while you can use google?". then i'll continue my post with "it's a fact that person a will suggest gmod darkrp and person b arma life. it will end with the entire forum argueing about roleplaygames.". 

then you'll just post another offending comment just because you can't accept it.

to make it short (trust me, identity has the chance to be the roleplay game in that you won't get killed by kids that donated to the server for guns. it's destinated to be doomed if it wants to be a cops and robbers game like battlefield hardline):

here a list of roleplay games:

gmod darkrp or perp

arma life (altis life is just the short version of arma life on the altis map).

multiple hundred different multiplayer mods for gta san andreas.

rust (depends on the server)

life is feundal - your own (medieval roleplay). the difference to darkrp is that EVERYTHING is playerbased.

unturned

minecraft (i don't like it, but their are obviously 2 trillion roleplay mods).

second life (heaviely modded)

los santos life (arma life like mod for gta v. most probably rockstar games already sent their lawyers)

i can tell you for sure that it does depend on the playmates. the reason is easy to understand: most people want to be the kingpin that rules about everyone and who has the power to destroy or build anything. just wait for the just cause 3 multiplayer mod. everyone will keep killing eachother instead of doing funny shit like attaching a mech and a tank to 6 helicopters (everything player controlled). 

and now have a nice day. 

Edited by Shimozukachi

On 12/25/2016 at 5:16 PM, sleepysadkid said:

I bought Arma 3 but literally every time I tried to get on a server the mod kicked me off.

Not sure if it's because I was new or they just didn't want anyone else in the server or what but I'm doing trying.

But thank you so much for the suggestion! It looks like it would have been really cool if I had actually been able to play. 

You're getting kicked off automatically, it has to do with some bugged files in your game (if I recall correctly).  Try verifying your game's cache integrity on Steam.  

For those wondering, the team here (Asylum Entertainment Inc.) operates the Asylum Altis Life servers on ARMA 3.

Edited by Jared