WhtGhstBlckGhst

Quick question for the day one cats.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

And its not that I'm not willing to support this its only $30 for proper beta access but:

The Town Square module took about how long to reach it's current 75% status? Just trying to gather a time line here I suppose, since I didn't pay as close of attention as I should have. I'm beyond stoked for this project and generally am not one to drop cash on something until I have game play to tinker with. Justifiably.

All preferences aside though,

This is going to be big and I am beyond impressed with you and your team John. We held faith when Altis dropped and now you bring us this. Well done. If there is anything I can do for you guys please don't hesitate to ask. Even PR.

Thanks guys.

Hey there @WhtGhstBlckGhst, Thanks for supporting Identity! The Town Square Module took about a year to get to the 75% mark only because they ended up redoing a lot of the environment to make it look more professional. You can actually see the difference when you look at the picture here and then the new screenshots here. This module will be done sometime early to mid 2017. 

ah good man, thanks for the reply. But no need to thank me for my support, I've been on the wagon since this was a rumor. Its not you guys that need to be thanking us, but us... well i suppose it was a joint effort. Thank you either way for actually pursuing this. But I got yah, ok. That gives me an estimate of when it will be accessible. With that being said, and I understand if it cant be answered but is the beta referring to the town square or will that just be a testing ground like play station home completely separate from the actual beta? 

Thank you again! 

4 minutes ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

ah good man, thanks for the reply. But no need to thank me for my support, I've been on the wagon since this was a rumor. Its not you guys that need to be thanking us, but us... well i suppose it was a joint effort. Thank you either way for actually pursuing this. But I got yah, ok. That gives me an estimate of when it will be accessible. With that being said, and I understand if it cant be answered but is the beta referring to the town square or will that just be a testing ground like play station home completely separate from the actual beta? 

Thank you again! 

The beta is separate from all 3 modules. The 3 modules are just small parts of the game that will be continuously updated until the launch of Identity. The beta, however will serve as a testing purpose and will resemble the closest version to the full release. The full release will be shortly after the beta.

Gotcha, I had assumed (forgive me) that the 3 modules were the testing grounds for social, weapons and physics environment, and driving physics all encompassing a beta. Very good news that you guys aren't going that route just to make it easier on yourselves. That speaks volumes.

It was like March 2015 when they announced the game on kickstarter, they said it would be about 2 years from that until we had a beta, and afaik they're still on track for that

4 minutes ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

Oh yes for only 33 people man. It's just beyond impressive at this point.

There's only 3 full time developers. 

5 minutes ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

You're pulling a fast one mate! Are you joking?

Nope, there's a few freelancers but that's pretty much it for the dev team. 

5 hours ago, TakeiT said:

It was like March 2015 when they announced the game on kickstarter,

No the Kick-starter announcement was beginning of January 6th 2015 till the start of February 2015. 

Identity Kick-starter page

5 hours ago, TakeiT said:

they said it would be about 2 years from that until we had a beta, and afaik they're still on track for that

Well it was supposed to be actually full game release December 2016(this month) and beta was due around September 2016 and so I cannot see how they are on track. They delayed the modules by a year and the beta also by a year.

16 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No the Kick-starter announcement was beginning of January 6th 2015 till the start of February 2015. 

Identity Kick-starter page

Well it was supposed to be actually full game release December 2016(this month) and beta was due around September 2016 and so I cannot see how they are on track. They delayed the modules by a year and the beta also by a year.

Ohhh, my apologies, it was so long ago I thought they said beta was 2 years from last march :P

I lol'd either way the level they are taking it to is clearly going to take time. As long as I have a test environment or 3 haha I'll be all good. (And hopefully this is the main determining punishment system in Ident.)  It's just going to take time.