Sign in to follow this  
DanDud88

Will the police have to give evidence in a court case?

Because if im playing this game as a police officer, but i have things to do in real life, so i dont want to have to testify in a case at a moments notice.

Not all cases will go to a court case. I immagine if a case goes to court it will be more streamlined. On our Altis Life servers, the police are not in court, you can request a court session while in jail and then a bunch of random people show up, you explain your case and they vote either guilty or not guilty

• Like 1

If you arrest and send a player to prison for whatever reason and they request a trial, this has to be done immediately. You've put them in prison, so with your evidence the jury or judge would conduct the trial. No need for it to take weeks or days to make a conviction. If you don't have evidence or go to court with a 'he said - she said' case, it may be thrown out and the player set free and you as the arresting officer could be penalised for not doing a proper job!

Edited by Sicario

20 hours ago, Sicario said:

No need for it to take weeks or days to make a conviction. 

True, I doubt anyone want to spend that much time in jail either

• Like 1

in archeage you could interact with dead players blood. if you didn'T the criminal won't get that many criminal points and won'T get that much jailtime etc. identity will probably have it compareable (you see evidences, you can pick it up or make a photo and send it. end of story for evidences to find)

To be honest, prison could be a great concept too.  There could be a role for correctional officers if there is emphasis put on the prisons.

I imagine court case evidence could work better with narcotic busts and potentially murder cases. It would be interesting if the Police vehicles recorded like ones in real life but I imagine that may be pushing some technical limitations. Anyhow I could see them implementing some sort of camera system, or somehow tie in a forensic team into police cases. If that were to be the case I am sure that is where the majority of evidence would be provided from an the results of the forensics could be directly tied to the work of the police officers and how thourough they are at examining the scene, and/or collecting samples (such as blood, drugs, weapons ect.). This leaves the the crime solving aspect of Identity very open and allows players to work for the police without directly searching for criminals and patroling in cruisers.

• Like 1

I think we should simply go with a judge-based system.  Maybe specific players are chosen to be judges based on their experience etc.  They can hear the evidence and go from there. 

Police will not be present at court cases. They still do not know if judges will be person played. Jury (players) will be in charge of the trail.

@fuzz Police will need to attend court if those that are being convicted request a trial. The option to have a judge or jury decide their may be an option as well.

10 hours ago, Sicario said:
10 hours ago, Sicario said:

ll.

@Sicario The police will not be a part of the trail as stated. I dont know what youre gettin at.