Beatonio

Who gets my vote?

Right ladies and gentlemen, all I'm hearing from most parties is 'We'll offer you *this*, *that* and *this* but we'll also lower taxes'.

Now, that sounds absolutely splendid! I'd vote for you in a heartbeat... only if you can show how you're going to finance this extravaganza without cutting into something vital.
I'd like to know, is there a political party out there who is offering:

• Free, Universal healthcare 
  • Strict gun control
  • Increase in Police patrols, to keep the streets safe
  • A living wage
  • Legalisation and regulation of Marijuana
  • High tax bracket for the wealthiest corporations and financial institutions
  • Small business grants
  • A leader who is cautious with emails  

I'm not saying by any means that I will be putting myself forward for any type of political position; I am not intelligent nor am I charismatic enough for such a role and I'd probably forget my duties after a heavy night of smoking herb... but I would like to be able to back a party that not only stands for what I believe in but is realistic with what they want to achieve. Tax me a bit more, if that's what it takes!

17 minutes ago, Beatonio said:

Right ladies a

I like the idea of universal healthcare, increasing the minimum wage, the higher taxes for wealthy elite and email-safety, but there's a few things I don't like here:

1: Having more police presence may reduce crime in an area, but also instills fear and intimidation in citizens, more specifically minorities.

2: I, myself, don't favor the idea of regulating marijuana, as regulation leads to incarceration. I believe that marijuana should be legalized entirely, so that technicalities and laws don't ruin someone's life over a plant.

3: Strict gun-control, as you've proposed here, only affects law-abiding citizens. Those who intend on using guns for malice will find a way to get their hands on a gun, no matter what. This would only harm citizens who intend to use their guns for safety.

Edited by DROSE

8 minutes ago, DROSE said:

I like the idea of universal healthcare, increasing the minimum wage, the higher taxes for wealthy elite and email-safety, but there's a few things I don't like here:

1: Having more police presence may reduce crime in an area, but also instills fear and intimidation in citizens, more specifically minorities.

2: I, myself, don't favor the idea of regulating marijuana, as regulation leads to incarceration. I believe that marijuana should be legalized entirely, so that technicalities and laws don't ruin someone's life over a plant.

3: Strict gun-control, as you've proposed here, only affects law-abiding citizens. Those who intend on using guns for malice will find a way to get their hands on a gun, no matter what. This would only harm citizens who intend to use their guns for safety.

Fair points, I was only checking to see if any party mirrored my own views; if not completely then as much as possible.

I think the fear of the police is often justified because of a reputation to be somewhat 'heavy-handed' at times (to be as diplomatic as possible). Starting afresh with a new society, we can train our police officers in a new approach. 'Shoot first, ask questions later' should never be applied, and a lesson in public/race relations could go a long way.

I would personally like to see marijuana regulated so as to ensure consumers could have peace of mind in knowing that their product is exactly as it says it is and also that the proceeds are taxed back into public funding.

A sensitive subject so we may have to concede an 'agree to disagree' stance. I should have been clearer in my desire to see strict background checks for criminality, and the ownership of certain types of weapon not permitted. Nobody should 'need' an automatic rife to defend their home or to take out a deer; unless that deer was Godzilla.

49 minutes ago, Beatonio said:

Fair points, I was only checking to see if any party mirrored my own views; if not completely then as much as possible.

I think the fear of the police is often justified because of a reputation to be somewhat 'heavy-handed' at times (to be as diplomatic as possible). Starting afresh with a new society, we can train our police officers in a new approach. 'Shoot first, ask questions later' should never be applied, and a lesson in public/race relations could go a long way.

I would personally like to see marijuana regulated so as to ensure consumers could have peace of mind in knowing that their product is exactly as it says it is and also that the proceeds are taxed back into public funding.

A sensitive subject so we may have to concede an 'agree to disagree' stance. I should have been clearer in my desire to see strict background checks for criminality, and the ownership of certain types of weapon not permitted. Nobody should 'need' an automatic rife to defend their home or to take out a deer; unless that deer was Godzilla.

If you haven't already you can go read my campaign page and we can talk about any questions you may have with my running.

23 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

If you haven't already you can go read my campaign page and we can talk about any questions you may have with my running.

Thank you Gene; I already have, but I'm not sold on the idea of a much lower tax... you've more or less already backed down on the idea of universal healthcare because of funding concerns and health is a top priority for me. I shall respectfully be looking for other options for now, but all the very best of luck.

8 minutes ago, Beatonio said:

Thank you Gene; I already have, but I'm not sold on the idea of a much lower tax... you've more or less already backed down on the idea of universal healthcare because of funding concerns and health is a top priority for me. I shall respectfully be looking for other options for now, but all the very best of luck.

The only reason I've backed down on universal healthcare is because it would cut government spending as a whole. Universal Healthcare will take a huge chunk of the money that was already lost from the lower taxes. So it's either I don't lower taxes or I keep my plan for no universal healthcare.

40 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

The only reason I've backed down on universal healthcare is because it would cut government spending as a whole. Universal Healthcare will take a huge chunk of the money that was already lost from the lower taxes. So it's either I don't lower taxes or I keep my plan for no universal healthcare.

That's cool, I understand your reasoning; I just feel that personally I'm happy with a higher tax if it meant such things were on offer.

5 minutes ago, Beatonio said:

That's cool, I understand your reasoning; I just feel that personally I'm happy with a higher tax if it meant such things were on offer.

Well if I can see that more people don't mind the tax hike than I'll give universal healthcare. The main thing that I was told was that we'd have less money for working people. But even that was a bit false. But I'll change the taxing and give healthcare. I'd rather people be healthy than make a lot of money

8 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Well if I can see that more people don't mind the tax hike than I'll give universal healthcare. The main thing that I was told was that we'd have less money for working people. But even that was a bit false. But I'll change the taxing and give healthcare. I'd rather people be healthy than make a lot of money

I'll keep an eye on your page for any future updates, good luck Gene!

Many of your views do align with my party, please feel free to check it out (I understand if you have a prejudice against the name, it's a working title).

On 13/12/2016 at 11:59 PM, Beatonio said:

Right ladies and gentlemen, all I'm hearing from most parties is 'We'll offer you *this*, *that* and *this* but we'll also lower taxes'.

Now, that sounds absolutely splendid! I'd vote for you in a heartbeat... only if you can show how you're going to finance this extravaganza without cutting into something vital.
I'd like to know, is there a political party out there who is offering:

• Free, Universal healthcare 
  • Strict gun control
  • Increase in Police patrols, to keep the streets safe
  • A living wage
  • Legalisation and regulation of Marijuana
  • High tax bracket for the wealthiest corporations and financial institutions
  • Small business grants
  • A leader who is cautious with emails  

I'm not saying by any means that I will be putting myself forward for any type of political position; I am not intelligent nor am I charismatic enough for such a role and I'd probably forget my duties after a heavy night of smoking herb... but I would like to be able to back a party that not only stands for what I believe in but is realistic with what they want to achieve. Tax me a bit more, if that's what it takes!

Dear Mr Beat

I am Some Lemon, Co-Founder of LPU. I think you will be interested in our party, please follow this link for more info - http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/2897-the-liberal-progress-union/ . Not all information is displayed at the moment however a website in the comments contains more about us. If you have any questions feel free to PM me,

Some Lemon

Edited by Some_Lemon

27 minutes ago, Some_Lemon said:

Dear Mr Beat

I am Some Pineapple, Co-Founder of LPU. I think you will be interested in our party...

14 hours ago, Beatonio said:

The universal healthcare and free education is all there, but you also propose keeping taxes to a minimum. If you can show your workings, I'd gladly listen.

Check my party out, The People's Party. I believe it mentions everything you have spoken about, but unfortunately I don't want to run for Governor so if you like my party you may need to run for Governor yourself under my party, or get someon else too. 

18 hours ago, Beatonio said:

The universal healthcare and free education is all there, but you also propose keeping taxes to a minimum. If you can show your workings, I'd gladly listen.

We said we will keep our taxes to a minimum, that does not mean it wI'll be low. But instead it means it will be as low as possible but still paying for everything we have offered.

I hope this helped,

Some Lemon

I think i should get you vote because I have important concepts and I am still adding but the healthcare thing I am still working on.