Sign in to follow this  
mrbeardma

Ideas Hopes Dreams DEATH IN GAME

Hi this is one main Idea with two parts that i'd like to put out there for the way the dieing in the game could work. One of the things that is a problem with a life building game like this being dieing and what should happen and the rdms, accidental deaths and careless players affecting careful players etc this raises the question of should you only live once as a character you build. One life seems so unbelievably harsh that it gets completely discredited. But what if... we go arcade and you can only have three lives, this would give players the chance to really build characters that could last and a serious consequence to live die repeat gaming styles. The idea would work best I believe if it took say up to a week to grow back a lost life. This will stop players grinding and respawning and get them actually avoiding the half-hearted playing style of the no or low consequence dieing a lot play style. I think this would seriously reduce the endless stream of respawning suicide gamers and make players really want to seriously protect their life in the game and have a chance of doing so. 

What do you think?

Edited by mrbeardma
spelling error
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbeardma said:

Hi this is one main Idea with two parts that i'd like to put out there for the way the dieing in the game could work. One of the things that is a problem with a life building game like this being dieing and what should happen and the rdms, accidental deaths and careless players affecting careful players etc this raises the question of should you only live once as a character you build. One life seems so unbelievably harsh that it gets completely discredited. But what if... we go arcade and you can only have three lives, this would give players the chance to really build characters that could last and a serious consequence to live die repeat gaming styles. The idea would work best I believe if it took say up to a week to grow back a lost life. This will stop players grinding and respawning and get them actually avoiding the half-hearted playing style of the no or low consequence dieing a lot play style. I think this would seriously reduce the endless stream of respawning suicide gamers and make players really want to seriously protect their life in the game and have a chance of doing so. 

What do you think?

Well, private server owners will have a option to either put permanent death or not, I am sure the official servers will have no permanent death. 

Also when you die (so to speak) you will have an option, either "wait for the ambulance to come and revive you or respawn at your last bind point"

But having a option with only 3 lives could be interesting but what if a troll rdm's you 3 times?

@HairyGrenade will confirm if anything here is correct or not.

• Like 1

Personally since I love perma death in games, this would be a great idea to have as a server option. The owner of the server can choose how long it would take to earn another life and how many lives you start out with. Or if they want to use normal respawn or permadeath.

It would also be cool as a serverowner to be able to choose how many days you wont be able to play if permadeath is turned on.

• Like 1

Thanks, I like the idea as it will have people running away from psychos in a realistic fashion. One death would be harsh but I love the idea of a decent period of time before you can repay like a day or week that makes the whole thing way more serious. Good addition.

I think just having a large medical fee depending on what they did to you and some sort of recovery period from your injuries. That way you could simply just have a lot of close encounters with death rather than actually dieing.

• Like 2