Sign in to follow this  
Luck

Small communities

Is anyone here planning on starting up a small community, meaning a community that is not actively doing everything it can to tack on new players but rather a community with a fixed small to moderate number of players. IDK how everyone else prefers to play but I prefer a small community where I play with people I get to know rather than meeting a new person everyday.

Leave your thoughts and do let me know if ur planning on starting one of those up

9 hours ago, Mayglin said:

I'm assuming you're talking a smaller server with, say, 50 or less players admitted into it?

Dont have an exact figure but that does sound about right

@Luck

I don't think identity is much of a good idea for such small communities if you take a look at the map and the size of it, you'llunderstand rather quickly that it'll be boring

You might want to join a serious whitelisted server as the same ppl will stay on it wich isn't that common on public servers 

Edited by ST_Helios

2 hours ago, Luck said:

@ST_Helios

A3L had a pretty big map so were some maps for arma 2 Island life and small communities worked just fine on them

@Luck But, this game is a majority player driven game and well, they have not confirmed modding will be possible but could be in the future nevertheless what if modding is not available? 

This game needs lots of people i think (my opinion) and like helios said it will be boring, but for many reasons!

I'll add one thing to what @JamesLuck01 said

IIRC, devs stated that NPC won't be a common thing as in Arma, all player bussiness and so on will be driven and exploited by players thus reducing the ammount of activities, industries and possible RP options if the ammount of player is lower, this is the very thing you got to know, small communties are the exact opposite of this game, if you make a smaller map by modding it might be okay but there devs ain't got time for this

@Luck

I run a small community based of my club, The Gentleman's Club. We are currently small but we are trying to get new members but not hundreds at a time. We gain like 1 or 2 a week but its going well. We play all sorts of games from Rust, GTA V, ArmA, Squad, War Thunder and the list goes on. Admin team is very nice and has the experience needed to run a community. We are currently hosting a GTA V meetup session possibly tonight if you are interested to join. We plan on meeting in game and on teamspeak and just generally relaxing. Of course, other events are bound to follow. If you are interested, here is a link to my forum. Feel free to join us or to ignore us :)

http://beyondallhope.ipbhost.com/

• Like 1

On 12/13/2016 at 4:15 AM, ST_Helios said:

@Luck

I don't think identity is much of a good idea for such small communities if you take a look at the map and the size of it, you'llunderstand rather quickly that it'll be boring

You might want to join a serious whitelisted server as the same ppl will stay on it wich isn't that common on public servers 

Nobody said you had to use the whole map.  I had an RP server based off GTA San Andreas (SA:MP) and we used the north part of one of the cities (Las Venturas), the rest was just open.

OT I'll most likely be continuing my SA:MP community over here, server is shut down for now.  There probably won't be a shitload of players in it, I kinda like the idea of everyone knowing everyone type of thing.  I'll most likely have a quiz to go through to get in the game for the first time that would need to be completed online, that is, assuming it is possible with Identity to add things like that.