Womanizerist

Musician/Band Member

I have been thinking about a music career for this game, and saw an interest in instruments being used in the game on another post. Would anyone else like to see a career focused around being a musician or making a band? I would definitely like to see this become a career in the game. Being able to travel to bars or open venues and play music via the in-game instruments if they are implemented would be really cool. People could be playing in the streets for just tips, or bands could receive loads of money doing a whole concert paid by either citizens or from a city fund. I also think that this would be a good way for people to get together and rp better as a whole. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Good idea, but I think if you wanted to be a musician and refine your craft; you'd start more on a busking scale. A performer shouldn't be paid via the city fund unless it was a city run event or festival. If people want to listen to you they would pay themselves. If you've been given permission to perform at a bar, a mutually agreed price of entry by you and the bar owner could be put on the door. So that anyone wanting to drink at the establishment would have to pay like $5 to get in and you'd get a cut of the entrance fee. A security guard would collect the money and return it at the end of the night... he may also charge an extra $5 and keep that for himself :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sicario said:

Good idea, but I think if you wanted to be a musician and refine your craft; you'd start more on a busking scale. A performer shouldn't be paid via the city fund unless it was a city run event or festival. If people want to listen to you they would pay themselves. If you've been given permission to perform at a bar, a mutually agreed price of entry by you and the bar owner could be put on the door. So that anyone wanting to drink at the establishment would have to pay like $5 to get in and you'd get a cut of the entrance fee. A security guard would collect the money and return it at the end of the night... he may also charge an extra $5 and keep that for himself :P

Yes, essentially. Pretty much like how things would be run at an actual bar or venue. People would pay themselves upfront for the entertainment if they want it, or it can be included in an entrance fee to a bar or establishment. I concur on the fact it can be a fun agreement between an establisment and the musician or group. I like the idea of the city board signing on a music group though. They could be promoting something or be putting on a festival and pay for the entertainment directly. Thanks for the opinion!

Great idea, I just don't think they are going to implement fully functionable instruments. That's a lot of work, and could be an own game!

Poor thing I am completely untalented with instruments. At least I would listen to your band the whole time and give you all of my hard-earned money :D

8 hours ago, RobZen said:

Great idea, I just don't think they are going to implement fully functionable instruments. That's a lot of work, and could be an own game!

Poor thing I am completely untalented with instruments. At least I would listen to your band the whole time and give you all of my hard-earned money :D

I think that it would be actually pretty simple to do. Just get abunch of sounds from various instruments and make them all in the same key so they could make a nice sound. Bind the sounds to individual keys, and then bam! Got your sound together then add singing in that is already implemented into the game if you would like. (They said karaoke will be a thing). It doesn't have to sound perfect or anything, just something fun to mess around with at least.

I'm interested in being a musician in game also. But I'm guessing we won't be able to stream live audio in game to do an actual concert. Well there's always karaoke then lol. 

Edited by brenewilson

1 hour ago, Vix said:

I hope someone will write a song about me. ♥

Don't worry milady. I shall do the job!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Notering said:

My hero! ^3^

28 minutes ago, Notering said:

Not if I beat you too it biatch!

@Womanizerist I play guitar in da reelz so I might be interested in getting a band together for Identity. Lets just see how it goes 

1 minute ago, Kickapoo said:

@Womanizerist I play guitar in da reelz so I might be interested in getting a band together for Identity. Lets just see how it goes 

gewd luck m8. would love to see you try!

1 minute ago, Notering said:

gewd luck m8. would love to see you try!

Id love to see you try! xD 

52 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

That would be awesome, lol. I'll have to see how far the game gets to, and if instruments would be feesable to be implemented into the game. But yea I'm down to get a group together in the game and jam 

1 hour ago, Womanizerist said:

That would be awesome, lol. I'll have to see how far the game gets to, and if instruments would be feesable to be implemented into the game. But yea I'm down to get a group together in the game and jam

Do you play an instrument in real life?

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

Do you play an instrument in real life?

I used to play guitar alot (and still do some), but now I play basically all percussion based instruments. So then a piano on a game is always easy to play when going from mallets on the xylophone/marimba/etc to a piano or synth. Other than that drums but I don't know how practical they would be in a game to be honest lol

I think that sound quality provided by VoIP wouldn't be enough for good singers to unleash themselves. Maybe if you'll try using a mic like Blue Yeti or better, then it can become acceptable, but still not satisfying enough. 

P.S. Nobody said that you can't become Pat Metheny of instrumental music here xD

Edited by QurWinter

How about the good old street performances with your instruments case at your feet, as people walk by you...