SharpShep

Money Value

How close in Value will game money be to real money by this I mean

How much will clothing cost in game?

How much will a car cost?

How much will a house cost?

How much will a Drug RV cost?

How much does a Gun cost?

This effects all aspects of the game so i quite curious. Do cops get a gun for free if so that could be bad since it would be more easy to kill a cop and steal a gun if they cost more then in real life and is it even worth doing legitimate jobs if you are only getting peanuts for it. Unless you do a select few of them.

7 minutes ago, SharpShep said:

How close in Value will game money be to real money by this I mean

How much will clothing cost in game?

How much will a car cost?

How much will a house cost?

How much will a Drug RV cost?

How much does a Gun cost?

This effects all aspects of the game so i quite curious. Do cops get a gun for free if so that could be bad since it would be more easy to kill a cop and steal a gun if they cost more then in real life and is it even worth doing legitimate jobs if you are only getting peanuts for it. Unless you do a select few of them.

Easy answer, none of us know.

Well was worth asking or at least speculating about. After all the value of cash will end up being the largest detail that is the backbone on what is and is not worth doing in the game.

Based on statements that were produced by moderators and developers, it is a high probability that the value of products within the game shall be identical to the value of any commodity or service within the real world. However, it is a possibility that the value of products might be determined by the server's economy. Either way, individuals could easily prevent players from overcharging consumers for products by persuading other corporations to distribute a similar commodity for a cheaper price.

For example:

Can of Kuka-Kula: $2.50
Can of Trite: $2.75
Can of Bebsi: $1.99

Abbibas shirt: $700
Trujo shirt: $10
Stone shirt: $4

One is more likely to purchase the cheaper product than the expensive product, unless players classify the "Abbibas shirt" to be "reputable".

One issue: Companies compete against one another by distributing commodities for a cheaper price.

For example:

--------
Can of Kuka-Kula: $2.50
Can of Trite: $2.75
Can of Bebsi: $1.99

-----------
Can of Kuka-Kula: $1.85
Can of Trite: $1.95
Can of Bebsi: $1.80

-----------
Can of Kuka-Kula: $1.00
Can of Trite: 99 cents
Can of Bebsi: 95 cents

-------------

Can of Kuka-Kula: 50 cents
Can of Trite: 49 cents
Can of Bebsi: 50 cents + buy one, get one free

----------
Can of Kuka-Kula: 10 cents
Can of Trite: 9 cents
Can of Bebsi: 9 cents + buy 1 and get 1 free

etc...

Eventually, commodities would cost merely a penny in order to compete against their competitor. However, the inability to profit from a cheap commodity would result in numerous other corporations restoring the process of selling the product for two dollars while the three corporations undergo bankruptcy.

Edited by DLimit

But here is the thing in RL you have to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week to make almost nothing after tax. So making money will take forever or will still take awhile but no living cost in game. They could fix this by making all jobs more profitable. But it is interesting to think about how they will balance the economy in game since it has to make your time valuable when you play. But still make it still long term to get the good stuff.

7 minutes ago, SharpShep said:

But here is the thing in RL you have to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week to make almost nothing after tax. So making money will take forever or will still take awhile but no living cost in game. They could fix this by making all jobs more profitable. But it is interesting to think about how they will balance the economy in game since it has to make your time valuable when you play. But still make it still long term to get the good stuff.

Certain jobs mainly involve providing an employee with an X amount of wealth for a task.

I.E. A truck driver transports a supply of canned food from destination A to destination B for $100 

That is my exact point they have stated it will take about an hour to walk across the map 100 for mabey 15 minutes work. Would mean you could get rich quite fast.

Personally i'd like the idea of realistic prices in this

for example in altis life I never understood how a small backpack would cost about £1500

so if I wanted to buy a suit in this how much would it cost?

They stated that the prices in-game are going to be similar to the prices in RL. For example, a normal pair of shoes will cost around 55$ and a semi good car will cost around 34.000$. In addition to that, the money value in and out of game will be quite similar too.

4 hours ago, Tomato said:

Personally i'd like the idea of realistic prices in this

for example in altis life I never understood how a small backpack would cost about £1500

so if I wanted to buy a suit in this how much would it cost?

A suit I would imagine to be from like $150 - $200 being the cheapest i guess.

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

A suit I would imagine to be from like $150 - $200 being the cheapest i guess.

Sounds about fair so normal prices but heavy wage increase to account for the lack of time most people have in the real world to play a game.

17 minutes ago, SharpShep said:

Sounds about fair so normal prices but heavy wage increase to account for the lack of time most people have in the real world to play a game.

No, wages will/ might be like real life e.g. it won't be a heavy increase and it will be hard to get a lot of money. So could be very little in pay checks.

10 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No, wages will/ might be like real life e.g. it won't be a heavy increase and it will be hard to get a lot of money. So could be very little in pay checks.

So your saying that someone would have to work 8 hours delivering pizzas to meet the same real world paycheck.

1 hour ago, SharpShep said:

So your saying that someone would have to work 8 hours delivering pizzas to meet the same real world paycheck.

Not IRL hours but in game maybe yeah (not sure if its IRL or in-game time pretty much) but probably in-game time.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Not IRL hours but in game maybe yeah (not sure if its IRL or in-game time pretty much) but probably in-game time.

You do know if you are working on sped up time in game then that is the same thing as paying someone more for a job. Since a player is getting more money for the total real effort they have to put in to get it.

12 minutes ago, SharpShep said:

You do know if you are working on sped up time in game then that is the same thing as paying someone more for a job. Since a player is getting more money for the total real effort they have to put in to get it.

It will be realistic with earning money. Here is a official answer I have.

there will be plenty of things people can do to making money, so people aren't going to have trouble finding stuff to do, but you will get paid more for taking bigger risks.

On 12/7/2016 at 10:20 AM, Jinx said:

Easy answer, none of us know.

Wrong. As some others have been saying, its been stated multiple times that the value of the dollar will be nearly the same as it is in real life.

• Like 1

@DLimit

Interesting post, you make a good point. Kudos by the way, I like the wordplay on the names of the products used in the example, it made me chuckle xD

18 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

So its hard getting money in game?

Yes, but there will be plenty of things people can do to making money, so people aren't going to have trouble finding stuff to do, but you will get paid more for taking bigger risks.

• Like 1

Thank you all for helping make this so clear i feel i have a much better grasp on what might be going on with the money in the game.