Sign in to follow this  
Random

Car clamps

Greetings, all.

So basically I had this idea.. adding car clamps for Police officers to apply onto someone's car.

If you are unsure what a car clamp is:

Auto-Car-Vehicle-Wheel-Clamp-Disc-Lock-A

I could not find any other suggestions for this. Thoughts?

• Like 4

Im in parking enforcement and that would be funny cuz its a high cost to remove the boot aka clamp as you called it $100 or if you damage the boot its $500 and criminal charges can be used as well:)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Topshotz357 said:

Im in parking enforcement and that would be funny cuz its a high cost to remove the boot aka clamp as you called it $100 or if you damage the boot its $500 and criminal charges can be used as well:)

Lmao

5 minutes ago, Topshotz357 said:

:) its a lil funny

I just picture the guy sitting on the road becus he got clamped

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

I just picture the guy sitting on the road becus he got 

5 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

I just picture the guy sitting on the road becus he got clamped

They normally come running out screaming and yelling and saying threats but they also gotta walk or get a ride home now its normally after 5unpaid tickets

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Random said:

Greetings, all.

So basically I had this idea.. adding car clamps for Police officers to apply onto someone's car.

If you are unsure what a car clamp is:

Auto-Car-Vehicle-Wheel-Clamp-Disc-Lock-A

I could not find any other suggestions for this. Thoughts?

Great idea, but would be annoying if a troll became a cop and just randomly clamps random vehicles.

33 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Great idea, but would be annoying if a troll became a cop and just randomly clamps random vehicles.

True but you could just ban the teoll cop 

• Like 1

Yes, but then the people have to try explain that it was a false clamp and it makes hassle.

I feel that that's a reactive solution. I would suggest a proactive solution. When should a cop be allowed to clamp a vehicle? You would only allow the clamp to be used if the allowed situations have come to pass. For example, lets say someone has parked in the same spot for 48 hours. Police would clamp the vehicle until someone comes to tow it away. This would prevent trolls and only allow legit clamps to be placed. How someone would go about programming such a thing is another question.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yes, but then the people have to try explain that it was a false clamp and it makes hassle.

Sounds like a job for a lawyer, don't you think? :-)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JoshM said:

My point is that its a pointless waste of time thing for the victims of the trolls.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

My point is that its a pointless waste of time thing for the victims of the trolls.

Absolutely it's a waist of time. However, if the victim took the troll to virtual court and won, then he/she would walk away with some $ and the troll would be the loser. JUSTICE!

I agree it's a waist of time, and like I said before we need to be proactive with such a system. TBH I doubt the developers will put in any kind of car clamp.

10 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yeh lol about that if we boot or ticket your basically  gonna pay I haven't seen a boot removed from a mistake and I hardly ever see voided tickets so if its rp you would be screwed lol but your best bet is record all the time 

10 minutes ago, Topshotz357 said:

Yeh lol about that if we boot or ticket your basically  gonna pay I haven't seen a boot removed from a mistake and I hardly ever see voided tickets so if its rp you would be screwed lol but your best bet is record all the time 

and if it happens while not looking that way?

26 minutes ago, JoshM said:

Yes actually cuz you can fight it in court but you lose almost every time

27 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

There will always be trolls

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

and if it happens while not looking that way?

Tough guess outa luck its how it is irl so if its rp and they want it in its the way it is also irl they dont boot for abandoned cars only for outstanding tickets they just tow if its abandoned after a specific amount of time  and tickets are normally like parking tickets that causes boots on your car not speeding ticket so but youll always have bad stuff the goal isnt to stop it its to minimalize it so if only 3of 20cops troll close enough and they can be punished when caught

Regarding the troll, that's why we have Internal Affairs.. also under rules and regulations I imagine it would result in some kind of repercussion like a ban.

• Like 1

In order to get a clamp/boot irl you need 5unpaid tickets for 45days then boot so to rp it say 5 tickets for a week irl so boots should not happen alot cuz we normally get maybe 1-2boots a month sometimes no boots cuz its random

Regarding the troll cop, so to speak:

Perhaps make it a special feature for people who donate money to it/hour requirements..? Or having some sort of reward system:

From the community I am from, we have something called roleplay points, which basically is handed out by staff of the server. You can rack these up to get special rewards, such as guns, clothing ETC.