idkaname8

Will officer's uniforms drop for the taking (for impersonation)

I'm wondering if you wanted to impersonate someone, let's say if you're going to rob a bank and you terminate and steal the clothes of a bank guard to rob a bank on the inside, will those kind of clothing drop? I understand personal clothing won't drop, but what about clothing for jobs or anything that's not given?

Thanks,

Idka

• Like 1

I doubt it since the developers want there to be a clear distinction between police officers and regular players - hence why there is no under cover cops.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

I doubt it since the developers want there to be a clear distinction between police officers and regular players - hence why there is no under cover cops.

As much sense as that makes, it's also taking away a key point of criminal jobs; the inside kind. If we can't do any types of impersonation, some informational crime groups, or even heists in general will be done blindly, making it that much harder and less in depth.

4 minutes ago, idkaname8 said:

As much sense as that makes, it's also taking away a key point of criminal jobs; the inside kind. If we can't do any types of impersonation, some informational crime groups, or even heists in general will be done blindly, making it that much harder and less in depth.

It'd be nice to have but I don't believe the developers want that.

I think we need impersonation, its in nopixel and it works well. You should be able to tell if its a cop or an impersonator by asking questions. I hope servers add this.

It would be very confusing and very OP. You could just dress as a cop and enter the police department

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

It would be very confusing and very OP. You could just dress as a cop and enter the police department

The police department should have proper verifications for their officers.

5 minutes ago, Calico said:

The police department should have proper verifications for their officers.

maybe like badge number?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

maybe like badge number?

Or like a card to scan before entering the station.

I think impersonation will need to be determined by the server admin. As there is no in game system for it, servers that want impersonation or undercover work, will need to set it up themselves. 

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo

16 hours ago, TrueCrazyMan said:

I already asked a long time ago on Twitter and they said no.

Just because there is no system for it doesn't mean players can't figure out a way to impersonate or be undercover. 

For example: Manufacturing is something that can be done in game, therfore anyone could try to create an outfit that looks similar to police. If a player made said outfit and wears it in public, they could try to infiltrate the police. However if caught by police, they could be charged with impersonating an officer.

An example of undercover work; An agent who is part of an operation against a criminal organization. the agent could disassociate with the force, maybe even be placed in jail or prison to aid their undercover story. The agent acts like a criminal and attempts to infiltrate the organization, while still secretly keeping his fellow operatives informed of his movements and actions. If and when he managed to infiltrate the organization, the agent would attempt to play the part inside the organization, and would try to find legal ways around any illegal activity asked of him or her. When the operation feels they have enough evidence to prosecute, they end the operation and carry out warrants for arrest. Or if the agent's safety becomes a liability, the operation could end to avoid getting their agent killed and the operation foiled. 

Both can be done without aN in game system in place. All it takes is a bit of imagination and thinking outside of the box. 

On December 7, 2016 at 10:44 AM, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Just because there is no system for it doesn't mean players can't figure out a way to impersonate or be undercover. 

For example: Manufacturing is something that can be done in game, therfore anyone could try to create an outfit that looks similar to police. If a player made said outfit and wears it in public, they could try to infiltrate the police. However if caught by police, they could be charged with impersonating an officer.

An example of undercover work; An agent who is part of an operation against a criminal organization. the agent could disassociate with the force, maybe even be placed in jail or prison to aid their undercover story. The agent acts like a criminal and attempts to infiltrate the organization, while still secretly keeping his fellow operatives informed of his movements and actions. If and when he managed to infiltrate the organization, the agent would attempt to play the part inside the organization, and would try to find legal ways around any illegal activity asked of him or her. When the operation feels they have enough evidence to prosecute, they end the operation and carry out warrants for arrest. Or if the agent's safety becomes a liability, the operation could end to avoid getting their agent killed and the operation foiled. 

Both can be done without aN in game system in place. All it takes is a bit of imagination and thinking outside of the box. 

Sure this could happen, but when I asked the devs about this they said they wanted a clear idea so you could tell who's a cop or not. Also the main question that was being asked was if police officer clothing would be dropped, and I said no.