JoelKeys

Alright, lets discuss kids.

On 12/5/2016 at 2:28 PM, JoelKeys said:

It is inevitable. No matter how much we complain and no matter how many restrictions they put in place, we need to come to the realisation that children (immature ones in particular) are going to get their hands on this game. Kids who treat this game like GTA or COD. It is going to happen no matter what precautions we take. I would like to discuss possible ways that we, as a community can come together and instead of prevention, we need to decide how to deal with the issues. I recommend that we act mature. If a kid is mass RDMing, don't kick and scream, don't act like a kid in OOC, just ignore them. I know it will be hard, but it is the only way we can discourage kids from playing like that. Kids are apart of the community, and while we would all rather not have them here, its not something we can control. If a kid is RDMing, run and hide and quietly report it on the forums. Act like you arent even annoyed, like you just want to report it incase it happens again. They commit these actions for an equal and opposite reaction, we dont want to give them the reactions that entice them to commit the atupid actions. Can we as a community agree to treat these situations calmly? Let me know your thoughts below.

Bro i feel your pain...kids can be a pain in the arse. Now i am not know for my calm attitude but for the sake of the community i will "TRY" and act like the mature teenager i am told i should be. Well said my man, look foward to meeting you in game!

CEO of "Alan Transports: Pride in Delivery".

Edited by BigMike

22 hours ago, Frank said:

The only reason somebody should be banned on official servers is for hacking. On community servers, the owner is paying for them so they can do whatever they want, but hopefully there will be some reasonable owners who dont appoint abusive admins.

By ban, we mean only from that server. Official servers may/will probably still ban them either from all official servers, or just that one. They'd still be able to go onto other servers.

If we are going to have governments, police, SWAT, etc, then when these acts occur, the president/governor must declare war on terrorism & they must act swiftly to take them down. Anyone RDMing would face the stiffest penalties available in game. I would recommend at least a week (real time) in jail. Also, if firearms are going to be hard to come by, they should be registered, & detectives should be able to investigate to find clues, & if a gun was left behind, or fingerprints or whatever, they should be able to do their job & find those responsible & bring them to justice.

thinking about it if the comunity plays the game with a more serious tone and treats it like a prooper rp games maybe kids will think its no fun. fingeres crossed they get the fucking point and it wont turn into dark rp

Its not worth the time to spend to gun and rdm anyways since you could have so much fun rping at your workplace and town square rather then spending hours getting materials getting a gun and kill like 1 person then die losing half your stuff like thats just a rage quit situation so idk why people would be stupid enough to do it and also the kids would need a good computer and lots of money to spend to buy the game if they want to troll so you know its more push against trolling factors kicking in early. I dont like trolls either no one does but we need to stop them and they should get punished properly for rdm since guns will be so hard to get meaning the game could actually work  instead of it being a hellhole of cringy 8 year olds

Edited by LionKingGamer

7 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

Its not worth the time to spend to gun and rdm anyways since you could have so much fun rping at your workplace and town square rather then spending hours getting materials getting a gun and kill like 1 person then die losing half your stuff like thats just a rage quit situation so idk why people would be stupid enough to do it and also the kids would need a good computer and lots of money to spend to buy the game if they want to troll so you know its more push against trolling factors kicking in early. I dont like trolls either no one does but we need to stop them and they should get punished properly for rdm since guns will be so hard to get meaning the game could actually work  instead of it being a hellhole of cringy 8 year olds

its more push against trolling factors kicking in early

Go back to school

@LionKingGamer Your a kid too. You are 12, not saying your like the other people but you can't say "about the kids" because you are a kid yourself no matter how you act compared to those kids your in that category.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:25 AM, Frank said:

Well one kind of solution would be that we could handle the occassional RDMer as a terrorist or mass shooter and give the SWAT team and police something to do. Besides, the devs have said that firearms will be difficult to get, unlike GTA or COD. I bet most civs wont even carry a gun. Automatic weapons will be crazy expensive and hard to get, plus they would lose them once they are shot down by police. It would probably take these kids weeks of playing to obtain another powerful firearm. Plus, there will be large jail sentences and respawn timers for these RDMers so they cant just spawn again 10 minutes later and do the same shit. 

I completely agree with you. This is a role-playing game, and really anything goes. We just need to have SWAT or the police deal with it.

Regardless I plan to lead by example. If a kid legitimately is running around and trying to role-play but not doing so well or breaking immersion/acting ridiculous, I'll privately message them (if possible) and explain to them the kind of game Identity is and how to approach interaction with people or behave in a social environment like that. In short, depending on the situation, I'm going to try to do right by them and help them along if I can; simply reporting them if they RDM or break any rules after warning them politely myself and advising a different course of action.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

@LionKingGamer Your a kid too. You are 12, not saying your like the other people but you can't say "about the kids" because you are a kid yourself no matter how you act compared to those kids your in that category.

Im 13 Btw and i know im in that category but that doesnt mean every kid is the same . Its a sterotype 

On 12/5/2016 at 5:28 AM, JoelKeys said:

It is inevitable. No matter how much we complain and no matter how many restrictions they put in place, we need to come to the realisation that children (immature ones in particular) are going to get their hands on this game. Kids who treat this game like GTA or COD. It is going to happen no matter what precautions we take. I would like to discuss possible ways that we, as a community can come together and instead of prevention, we need to decide how to deal with the issues. I recommend that we act mature. If a kid is mass RDMing, don't kick and scream, don't act like a kid in OOC, just ignore them. I know it will be hard, but it is the only way we can discourage kids from playing like that. Kids are apart of the community, and while we would all rather not have them here, its not something we can control. If a kid is RDMing, run and hide and quietly report it on the forums. Act like you arent even annoyed, like you just want to report it incase it happens again. They commit these actions for an equal and opposite reaction, we dont want to give them the reactions that entice them to commit the atupid actions. Can we as a community agree to treat these situations calmly? Let me know your thoughts below.

listen i am 15 years old and i take rp seriously and i dont get mad easily i dont want people when they hear my voice even tho its kinda low to think im a kid and i people will think i wont take it seriously 

Edited by J-Friend
it would've been a miss communication if didn't edit that

8 hours ago, J-Friend said:

listen i am 15 years old and i take rp seriously and i dont get mad easily i dont want people when they hear my voice even tho its kinda low to think im a kid and i people will think i wont take it seriously 

You can't even use capital letters. I'm not trying to be a dick but how can I be expected to believe you can role play someone else sufficiently when you can't complete one of the basic tasks us humans must do. 

Again, I want you to be able to play but if you can't use grammar I doubt you can role play very well.

10 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

Again, I want you to be able to play but if you can't use grammar I doubt you can role play very well.

You are judging because they have bad grammar? and your telling people not to treat kids like shit. xD 

24 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

But that's writing not speaking is it ? idiot

Keep the it nice lion, no need to call people that, but then again if you can't get the basics right you might not get the detailed things right but it can vary so much!

So keep the peace and wait for the game to be out and then you can judge people after seeing how they perform!

On 12/5/2016 at 8:28 AM, JoelKeys said:

I completely agree with you that most kids are annoying and ruin the experience. 
I don't know if you were talking about all kids but I am 13 myself, I enjoy playing games like Identity not for combat,killing, all that stuff, but for the RP, I don't think the whole group of people should be shamed just because of a majority of them, either way though some kids such as myself enjoy RP'ing and making friends or having new experiences, I don't think we should all be penilized for the actions of a majority of people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhoenixFury said:

I completely agree with you that most kids are annoying and ruin the experience. 
I don't know if you were talking about all kids but I am 13 myself, I enjoy playing games like Identity not for combat,killing, all that stuff, but for the RP, I don't think the whole group of people should be shamed just because of a majority of them, either way though some kids such as myself enjoy RP'ing and making friends or having new experiences, I don't think we should all be penilized for the actions of a majority of people. 

I am a kid myself, now I am okder but I'm under 18 so legally still a child. I have been playing since I was 13, I have owned many successful servers in my younger years, I respect that there are exceptions which is why we should treat you with respect even if you go off the head.

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

You are judging because they have bad grammar? and your telling people not to treat kids like shit. xD 

Keep the it nice lion, no need to call people that, but then again if you can't get the basics right you might not get the detailed things right but it can vary so much!

So keep the peace and wait for the game to be out and then you can judge people after seeing how they perform!

No. I said that you shouldnt treat all kids like shit because some of them will troll. There is a difference between complete prejudice and a logical assumption. 

On 12/5/2016 at 5:28 AM, JoelKeys said:

Listen i am 15 years old and I  take rp seriously and I dont get mad easily I dont want people when they hear my voice even tho its kinda low to think i"m a kid and i wont take it seriously 

Edited by J-Friend
There I edited it.I didn't think the community was picky about those kind of things.

On 12/12/2016 at 3:33 AM, JoelKeys said:

You can't even use capital letters. I'm not trying to be a dick but how can I be expected to believe you can role play someone else sufficiently when you can't complete one of the basic tasks us humans must do. 

One should note that illiterate citizens exist within the planet Earth. In the process, the average citizen within The United States of America either converses with a miniature amount of slang or grammatical errors. Thus, one should not judge an individuals ability to converse in a grammatically inaccurate manner as "a good role-player".

• Like 1

i think people need to realize that complaining about trolls ect will only wreck the game and make it more controlled less freedom .