JoelKeys

Alright, lets discuss kids.

It is inevitable. No matter how much we complain and no matter how many restrictions they put in place, we need to come to the realisation that children (immature ones in particular) are going to get their hands on this game. Kids who treat this game like GTA or COD. It is going to happen no matter what precautions we take. I would like to discuss possible ways that we, as a community can come together and instead of prevention, we need to decide how to deal with the issues. I recommend that we act mature. If a kid is mass RDMing, don't kick and scream, don't act like a kid in OOC, just ignore them. I know it will be hard, but it is the only way we can discourage kids from playing like that. Kids are apart of the community, and while we would all rather not have them here, its not something we can control. If a kid is RDMing, run and hide and quietly report it on the forums. Act like you arent even annoyed, like you just want to report it incase it happens again. They commit these actions for an equal and opposite reaction, we dont want to give them the reactions that entice them to commit the atupid actions. Can we as a community agree to treat these situations calmly? Let me know your thoughts below.

Edited by JoelKeys
  • Like 9

We just need to make everyone aware of what this game actually is. Way I explain it, it's an RPG, not an MMORPG(Like WoW etc,). 

Is there a report function? tbh I probably wont report anyone but cant people just report the kid 

@Jinx I am aware, but on DarkRP the servers are filled with staff and yet when a mass RDM happens, half the server explodes in OOC chat

4 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

@Jinx I am aware, but on DarkRP the servers are filled with staff and yet when a mass RDM happens, half the server explodes in OOC chat

The worst thing you can do is give them attention, because that's what it's all about. It really is as simple as 'ban them'.....that,s all it takes, and if there is no moderator around, put them on ignore. They WANT half the server to explode in chat.

54 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

It is inevitable. No matter how much we complain and no matter how many restrictions they put in place, we need to come to the realisation that children (immature ones in particular) are going to get their hands on this game. Kids who treat this game like GTA or COD. It is going to happen no matter what precautions we take. I would like to discuss possible ways that we, as a community can come together and instead of prevention, we need to decide how to deal with the issues. I recommend that we act mature. If a kid is mass RDMing, don't kick and scream, don't act like a kid in OOC, just ignore them. I know it will be hard, but it is the only way we can discourage kids from playing like that. Kids are apart of the community, and while we would all rather not have them here, its not something we can control. If a kid is RDMing, run and hide and quietly report it on the forums. Act like you arent even annoyed, like you just want to report it incase it happens again. They commit these actions for an equal and opposite reaction, we dont want to give them the reactions that entice them to commit the atupid actions. Can we as a community agree to treat these situations calmly? Let me know your thoughts below.

Well one kind of solution would be that we could handle the occassional RDMer as a terrorist or mass shooter and give the SWAT team and police something to do. Besides, the devs have said that firearms will be difficult to get, unlike GTA or COD. I bet most civs wont even carry a gun. Automatic weapons will be crazy expensive and hard to get, plus they would lose them once they are shot down by police. It would probably take these kids weeks of playing to obtain another powerful firearm. Plus, there will be large jail sentences and respawn timers for these RDMers so they cant just spawn again 10 minutes later and do the same shit. 

• Like 3

Rdm should just get them banned imo. But it's down to the server admins. Smart ones will start looking for players now or before release with a whitelist. Guns are hard to get, so by the time they're even able to get a gun they've given up.

My opinion is that if somebody is pissing about on a role play server with no intention to stop within say a few minutes, they should just be insta banned. The people who want to roleplay will keep roleplaying, the ones who mess about clearly aren't that bothered about roleplay full stop.

• Like 1

None of your business how others play. You play the way you like. Got killed? Too bad. 

Just now, Wunzero said:

None of your business how others play. You play the way you like. Got killed? Too bad. 

Please be rid of yourself. I didn't say you couldn't play whichever way you wish, I am merely suggesting how we should react to uncivilised behaviour.

3 hours ago, Wunzero said:

Well obviously you are a casual RP'er. or just a person who thinks this is another GTA. But really I don't care because I have my plans set and i will play where i have none of the problems.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wunzero said:

Funny how your first post is saying this. Trolls and toxic community members are who the first people to leave will be.

Will there be a ban system in place, will you get banned from a specific server or just the game? a good way that i see gmod servers is have a warining system, 1 warning = nothing; 2 warning = kick; 3 warning = nothing;  4 warnings = ban for 2 hours; 5 warnings = ban for 48 hours; recklessness or "No intent" = perma ban?

I would think it'd be like ARMA and battleye, get banned by anti cheat so you can only play on servers that don't have anti cheat/rule breaker enabled.

I dont know how the developers are gonna handle this issue, but if im not mistaken they have  created a system that would discourage any of those behaviours, to what extent I dont know.

For example, A person buys a gun in the regular gun store and just goes about to shoot anyone. Mods or admins will moderate the outcome of the situation and make them unable to buy guns in a store again for a long period of time if they are guilty, and if they want to do that again they can go the illegal way, but that will be very expensive, so if you are smart you will not do that kinda thing.

Thats just my idea of how its gonna work.

• Like 1

First,

" Firearms aren't easy to come by as a civilian and high-powered rifles are incredibly rare as they require you meet an arms dealer who knows their stuff. "

Second,

The guy who is RDMING will get a ban or will go to jail for a long period of time.

Another solution would be join a white listed server.

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

First,

" Firearms aren't easy to come by as a civilian and high-powered rifles are incredibly rare as they require you meet an arms dealer who knows their stuff. "

They have said that, but they have also said that regular civilians can buy guns at a gun store which kinda contradicts the first statement. So I dont know how it's gonna be.

You guys are missing my point. I know that the shooter will be banned, but its what we do until then and after that determines whether he has succeeded. If we kick and scream, more people will want to terrorise the place for a reaction. 

I do not think RDM will be as easy as it is in darkrp, there you just need a little bit of money and you can just run (not far at all) and find a gund dealer and you got a gun. Here in this game it will be a lot more difficult to find firearms (as they've said at least) All they need to do is make it easy to report people who don't follow rules and also make it not so easy to get weapons. make you work for it. 

8 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

You guys are missing my point. I know that the shooter will be banned, but its what we do until then and after that determines whether he has succeeded. If we kick and scream, more people will want to terrorise the place for a reaction. 

You cannot get rid of trolls even if you ignore them, speaking from my own experience

11 hours ago, ElChapo said:

They have said that, but they have also said that regular civilians can buy guns at a gun store which kinda contradicts the first statement. So I dont know how it's gonna be.

You're going to need a weapons license.. The way it works IRL, or Atleast in the USA. Guns are going to be expensive, meaning that your going to need to put work in before even getting one..

pardon my ignorance but I don't see how it's that hard to understand.

2 hours ago, jremi said:

Guns are going to be expensive, meaning that your going to need to put work in before even getting one..

^ This. Since most businesses will, essentially, be cotrolled by actual players, it's going to be pretty hard for some troll kid who just wants to shoot things to get (or at least keep) a job in order to get a weapon.

Besides, anyone caught RDMing will either be killed by the cops and/or sent to the in-game jail, where they'll have to wait for a real-life amount of time before being released (which seems like a decent incentive to not do crime, depending on who you ask). If i remember correctly the devs said something about losing some items when you die so it's likely that the shooter will lsoe the gun they payed for.

The game seems like it's going to be almost entirely player run so, as you mentioned towards the end, it's mostly up to us to prevent/stop this shit from happening really.

Edited by Crayin

The only reason somebody should be banned on official servers is for hacking. On community servers, the owner is paying for them so they can do whatever they want, but hopefully there will be some reasonable owners who dont appoint abusive admins.

• Like 1

How about punishing RDMing with real time jail punishments. Go on a killing spree sure no ban but 15 years for your character in the jail in a maximum security cell with no hope of escape and a option for community servers who don't like that to link the punishment to persons account so if they come they are in the jail from the start.

Also does someone playing a serial killer fit into this if they are rping and keeping hidden.