BigBoss

character customization/creation

Hello there, I have a few simple questions which may be quite dumb to ask but, I'll ask anyways. First of all, I would like to know if there are going to be any beards/facial hair styles in the game. In a lot of games I always see that they forget to add red/ginger colored hair, will we be able to mix colors or will we have a big color spectrum that we can choose from? If not, I would Suggest these.

yours sincerely,

BigBoss.

Edited by BigBoss

4 hours ago, BigBoss said:

Hello there, I have a few simple questions which may be quite dumb to ask but, I'll ask anyways. First of all, I would like to know if there are going to be any beards/facial hair styles in the game. In a lot of games I always see that they forget to add red/ginger colored hair, will we be able to mix colors or will we have a big color spectrum that we can choose from? If not, I would Suggest these.

yours sincerely,

BigBoss.

The developers said that in the first module the character customisation will be quite basic but they will make it very in-depth by full game release.

i wonder if the customization options will have some sort of limit to them. like will it only allow you to create human looking people, or can we make something straight out of oblivion upon full release?

On 12/5/2016 at 1:19 PM, ghhoooooooooost said:

i wonder if the customization options will have some sort of limit to them. like will it only allow you to create human looking people, or can we make something straight out of oblivion upon full release?

What do you think? It's a serious MMORPG....

Edited by AlfonsoLaRussa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlfonsoLaRussa said:

What do you think? It's a serious MMORPG....

well so are games such as BDO and Blade and Soul and i mean... have you seen what people have created? it's hilarious but limitations for a game such as this would be good while still giving way to avoid having same face syndrome.

BDO was supposed to be one of the more realistic of mmos out there and yet

19 hours ago, ghhoooooooooost said:

well so are games such as BDO and Blade and Soul and i mean... have you seen what people have created? it's hilarious but limitations for a game such as this would be good while still giving way to avoid having same face syndrome.

BDO was supposed to be one of the more realistic of mmos out there and yet

Black Desert Online is a fantasy MMORPG, one with monsters, magic, and mythical races.  It makes sense that they have some funny content in there.

So, I don't think we'll see any long-eared elf-looking people or people with non-flesh skin colors.  Unless you mean something else?

no no no i just mean like... like google "ugly black desert characters" they look so weird! that's what i'm talking about restrictions on customization

14 hours ago, ghhoooooooooost said:

no no no i just mean like... like google "ugly black desert characters" they look so weird! that's what i'm talking about restrictions on customization

Do you see mythical beasts running around in real life every day on the streets, I hope you don't or you might have to see a doctor to check if you're sane, or move.

Edited by Honestii
you're*

On 24.12.2016 at 4:19 AM, ghhoooooooooost said:

kill it with fire

On 2016-12-24 at 6:19 PM, Honestii said:

Do you see mythical beasts running around in real life every day on the streets, I hope you don't or you might have to see a doctor to check if you're sane, or move.

What @ghhoooooooooost is saying is that some games give too much freedom resulting in the ability to create these insane looking creatures, and some games don't give any freedom at all making every face look the same. He/she was simply asking a question about how much freedom/limits we will have with the character creator.

Edited by Ubbe
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 7:43 AM, Ubbe said:

What @ghhoooooooooost is saying is that some games give too much freedom resulting in the ability to create these insane looking creatures, and some games don't give any freedom at all making every face look the same. He/she was simply asking a question about how much freedom/limits we will have with the character creator.

Right, I see what you're getting at, sorry for coming off mean. I doubt we will have extreme customization, as that probably takes many man hours to develop into a game, and for realism sake we will probably have many presets to choose and maybe change some features.

On 12/29/2016 at 5:06 AM, ghhoooooooooost said:

no... no... just.... :CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC you don't understand

I hear Ya, it would be nice to some limitations like that, it would immerse players into the game a bit more i think. But I Think i know what your getting at.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned APB's character customization it honestly was pretty in depth with its limitations to keep people looking human while limiting the chance of same face syndrome. 

Got to admit even though crap game its CC was really good

Edited by Elric_VIII

On 2017-01-07 at 7:24 AM, Elric_VIII said:

Why hasn't anyone mentioned APB's character customization it honestly was pretty in depth with its limitations to keep people looking human while limiting the chance of same face syndrome. 

Got to admit even though crap game its CC was really good

Didn't even think it was a crap game, was surely a lot of fun while waiting for GTAV to come out on PC :P

Edited by Ubbe