Sign in to follow this  
timblegoorn

Is it possible to refund when the modules/beta release?

Hello!

I have great hopes for this game, and want to support it. Yet, if it does not live up to my expectations in the closed beta or modules, would it be possible to refund the package I purchased? (I have not bought anything yet, although depending on how my question is answered I most likely will)

I doubt I would not like the beta or modules, but I'd like to feel as though I have a certain sense of security regarding my purchase.

Thanks to anyone who responds,

-Timblegoorn

7 hours ago, timblegoorn said:

Hello!

I have great hopes for this game, and want to support it. Yet, if it does not live up to my expectations in the closed beta or modules, would it be possible to refund the package I purchased? (I have not bought anything yet, although depending on how my question is answered I most likely will)

I doubt I would not like the beta or modules, but I'd like to feel as though I have a certain sense of security regarding my purchase.

-Timblegoorn

I doubt it very much, as you are aware that your backing a unfinished game. This means if you don't want to test the game which is not complete then don't back it, it's as simple as that.

Why not just wait till the modules or beta comes out before pledging and I am sure you will see YouTube videos of the games progress.

@HairyGrenade What do you think @timblegoorn should do if he don't feel it should meet his standards?

8 hours ago, timblegoorn said:

Hello!

-Timblegoorn

It's probably unlikely to get a refund after playing the modules and beta because Paratus is actually the only person who can access the financial stuff, so if multiple people wanted a refund he would get overloaded. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

It's probably unlikely to get a refund after playing the modules and beta because Paratus is actually the only person who can access the financial stuff, so if multiple people wanted a refund he would get overloaded. 

Hmm, alright, that makes sense.

16 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I doubt it very much, as you are aware that your backing a unfinished game. This means if you don't want to test the game which is not complete then don't back it, it's as simple as that.

Why not just wait till the modules or beta comes out before pledging and I am sure you will see YouTube videos of the games progress.

@HairyGrenade What do you think @timblegoorn should do if he don't feel it should meet his standards?

Well I'd like to back prior as I read that the price may be increased, and in the effort of saving money I want to back now.

I understand, it makes sense that it'd be hard to issue refunds both morally and in practicality. I may probably still get it though despite this.

• Like 1

I don't think its possible to get a refund once you play the module. It would be kinda unfair don't you think lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shadow765 said:

I don't think its possible to get a refund once you play the module. It would be kinda unfair don't you think lol.

I suppose xD Although I was kind of thinking of the way Steam refunds work. You pay, you play, and have 2 hours to decide if it doesn't work on your system or not what you expected, and then you can get a refund. Obviously though since the modules and/or beta won't be on Steam, there's no easy way to track game time played.

• Like 1