Harrigarno

G'day again!

G'day all!

As a quick aside, I'm glad to see the amazing new forums + website we have! 

I'm an Aussie, if you didn't pick that up, and I love modern history and map reading (which naturally go hand in hand). I can't wait to meet a lot of you soon as we anticipate for the release of Identity! I'm a penniless uni student who is buying a mega gaming system because I know where my priorities are at xD

If you have any questions shoot away!

Sup man. Hope you do your research for that gaming setup xD. Modern History is an interesting thing, I have no idea what it's about. I'm a uni student as well, but I'm taking trades. I took history in highschool though. It was aite. Map reading is fun as shit though. I'm gonna try to befriend you in identity so when I go RP hiking I don't get lost xD

9 hours ago, Dizzle said:

Sup man. Hope you do your research for that gaming setup xD. Modern History is an interesting thing, I have no idea what it's about. I'm a uni student as well, but I'm taking trades. I took history in highschool though. It was aite. Map reading is fun as shit though. I'm gonna try to befriend you in identity so when I go RP hiking I don't get lost xD

You'll never get lost with me map reading! I just love reading history and watching it happen on a map (borders changing etc).

9 hours ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Fantastic to meet you Harrigarno! Good to say I'm not the only person wasting money on Uni xD

It's become a necessary cost to get a good job these days ¬¬

14 minutes ago, Harrigarno said:

You'll never get lost with me map reading! I just love reading history and watching it happen on a map (borders changing etc).

It's become a necessary cost to get a good job these days ¬¬

Unfortunately in the UK, where I hail from, it's becoming so goddamn hard for anyone with even one of the best degrees around to find a job in their chosen sector, just because employers are so iffy about hiring people with little experience. I guess you've got it better over there, though? xD

Edited by DrFelixPhD

3 minutes ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Unfortunately in the UK, where I hail from, it's becoming so goddamn hard for anyone with even one of the best degrees around to find a job in their chosen sector, just because employers are so iffy about hiring people with little exprien eyed. I guess you've got it better over there, though? xD

Yes, the government over here actually pay a large portion of your degree if they approve it, so it's actually not so bad getting a degree. You also don't have to pay back the course fee until you earn over $54k or thereabouts, which is really good xD Not sure how your degrees go over there though, you probably have a system the same.

Jobs are still hard to get, but ultimately it depends on where you live. The mining sector has a lot of well paid jobs during the boom years, but most people don't want a job in the middle of Australia, wonder why :D

2 minutes ago, Harrigarno said:

Yes, the government over here actually pay a large portion of your degree if they approve it, so it's actually not so bad getting a degree. You also don't have to pay back the course fee until you earn over $54k or thereabouts, which is really good xD Not sure how your degrees go over there though, you probably have a system the same.

Jobs are still hard to get, but ultimately it depends on where you live. The mining sector has a lot of well paid jobs during the boom years, but most people don't want a job in the middle of Australia, wonder why :D

Damn, you got it good xD over here, you would need to start paying your debt back after you begin earning £20k, which I suppose is something like $35k in AU. They do offer some minor subsidies for things like furniture or student accommodation, however it really isn't much :L

1 minute ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Damn, you got it good xD over here, you would need to start paying your debt back after you begin earning £20k, which I suppose is something like $35k in AU. They do offer some minor subsidies for things like furniture or student accommodation, however it really isn't much :L

We do have a really good welfare program, but I don't have access to it because my parents earn just above the student welfare threshold. The problem with it is it's either you get $400 a fortnight from the government if you live away from home and are single and studying or you get $0 for the same situation. So I have to work to earn money and others don't have to, they get rental assistance, special scholarships, you name it. But they're the rules, I guess ¬¬

16 minutes ago, Harrigarno said:

We do have a really good welfare program, but I don't have access to it because my parents earn just above the student welfare threshold. The problem with it is it's either you get $400 a fortnight from the government if you live away from home and are single and studying or you get $0 for the same situation. So I have to work to earn money and others don't have to, they get rental assistance, special scholarships, you name it. But they're the rules, I guess ¬¬

Ok, not so good :(

Hey welcome to Identity, if you are looking for a job in trucking we are hiring those who are in Nz or Australia. All new players are welcome, there is no need for trucking simulator experience :)