DuckDetective

Real roleplayers

Ok first of all hellot i just discovered the comunity and the game but i have a pretty important question for wich maybe you guys know the answer but i don't you see i've been waiting for this game for years.. it is all i want but i have tried in many other games to roleplay but you always get trolled, there is always some people that just want to annoy other people because they feel about doing that there are many exapmples like police who don't roleplay well (too much abuse etc) or just a new player that gets a gun and kills people for fun... etc my point is that i like to roleplay but sometimes troll dont let us do it so is there some kind of punishment o something for people who arent doing things well  and just making other players life harder? idk if i explained myself well enough but i just a vague question i had

• Like 2

I do understand what you're getting at, and I would've asked the same thing. The creators of Identity appears to be VERY committed to this and they seem like they want to make the best possible arena for people to roleplay in. In communities similar to this, you'll have the possibility to send a ban appeal to a moderator and they'll take it into consideration which (in the case of a troll) will result in what I believe would be a permanent or at least long-lasting ban. You do after all have to pay a minimum of fifteen US dollars for a citizenship to be able to play Identity and if trolls are willing to give up their money, mess around and get banned, Identity will benefit from it.

I know what you mean Duck. like you. I have played many games for which are kinda similar and you always find people who are idiots!! unfortunately, that's online gaming for you. 

Players who are reported in my opinion:

Reported once - Warning

Reported twice - Money Fine

Reported three - Car repossessed

Reported four - House repossessed

5th ban. 

or hire a hitman if needed!  this game could be great . because it kind of weeds the trolls out without having to complain and report people constantly .

15 hours ago, iammook said:

or hire a hitman if needed!  this game could be great . because it kind of weeds the trolls out without having to complain and report people constantly .

I think killing as a "hitman" would still be considered RDM

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BluePandaIta said:

I think killing as a "hitman" would still be considered RDM

I think accepting a hit that has no emotional RP reason from the employer would be considered RDM (but people could still lie so that's broken). but the hitman also leaves room for breaking NLR if some people die and know who killed them they may place a hit on the person. In theory it's a good job to have but when put to use could be very broken and abused.

2 hours ago, AaronJames said:

I think accepting a hit that has no emotional RP reason from the employer would be considered RDM (but people could still lie so that's broken). but the hitman also leaves room for breaking NLR if some people die and know who killed them they may place a hit on the person. In theory it's a good job to have but when put to use could be very broken and abused.

RDM and NLR arent rules on official servers

3 hours ago, JAWZ said:

RDM and NLR arent rules on official servers

Because there is a system to prevent RDM however NLR probably is not.

On 01/12/2016 at 3:22 PM, Acrane said:

you'll have the possibility to send a ban appeal to a moderator

Ban Request, a "Ban Appeal" is being requested to be unbanned.

On 03/12/2016 at 1:40 PM, Nasty73 said:

I know what you mean Duck. like you. I have played many games for which are kinda similar and you always find people who are idiots!! unfortunately, that's online gaming for you. 

Reported once - Warning

5th ban. 

I don't think these examples will be on official servers.(my opinion) , but if you did on your own one. (Depending on what is rule is broken).

Reported Once - Warning 

Reported twice - 2nd Warning

Report three - 3rd warning/ kicked

Report four - Temp ban

On 1-12-2016 at 3:57 PM, DuckDetective said:

It's all going to be depending on the server.

Some servers are going to be hardcore and not allow too much trolling, but most servers most likely will allow it, due to trolling being a big grey area.

In my opinion, trolling should never be a bannable offence.

On 03/12/2016 at 0:40 AM, Nasty73 said:

Reported once - Warning

5th ban. 

Smart idea

6 hours ago, Jackabm said:

Smart idea

Obviously repossessing a car or house because you are annoying someone is not exactly a fair way to handle the situation. From a realism point of view one should get a restraining order. I can imagine that such a feature could be implemented (i.e. mute / forcibly kept away from the victim). Other than that, in actuality we'll get a warning system, is what I'm guessing :)

8 hours ago, Xilion said:

Obviously repossessing a car or house because you are annoying someone is not exactly a fair way to handle the situation. From a realism point of view one should get a restraining order. I can imagine that such a feature could be implemented (i.e. mute / forcibly kept away from the victim). Other than that, in actuality we'll get a warning system, is what I'm guessing :)

It's smart becuase you get big consiquences if you are not abiding by the ingame law. It's keeps the immersion and it will stop almost everyone from trolling or mass rdm. 

15 hours ago, Jackabm said:

It's smart becuase you get big consiquences if you are not abiding by the ingame law. It's keeps the immersion and it will stop almost everyone from trolling or mass rdm. 

Honestly just kicking people, banning them for a limited time, and then perma-banning if they really mess up is fine.

The best way to punish people is to not let them play the game.

14 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

Honestly just kicking people, banning them for a limited time, and then perma-banning if they really mess up is fine.

I agree... see, you'd think that reposessing a car would hurt trolling players but in all true fairness.. they probably would laugh at that. Removing them from the game works best.

1 hour ago, uncannierlink said:

If you read it all, after you get your house repossessed, and you do it again, you get banned from all official servers. I think that it would be a good idea.