AP

PASTE YOUR CAMPAIGN HERE

I thought it'd be helpful if we had one place where people could see all of the people running for governor. Please only post your campaign.

• Like 1

Hello people of Identity. My name is Gene Smith and I'm running for Governor of The Island. I know that the game currently isn't out and nothing is set in stone but I wanted to set out my campaign. 

I've taken my time to carefully think about different answers for popular questions.

What will you do about Property Taxes?

What will you do about Gun Control?

What will you do about regulating taxes?

What are your thoughts about Health Care?

What you can do for the working man, and what will you do about the crime?

------------

Property Taxes are Taxes you pay to keep your business running or your home from being taken away. Property taxes are unnecessary and unneeded. Property Taxes need to be removed completely and focusing on taxing other things. You should not have to pay for something you helped build just to live in fear of it being taken away.

-----

Gun Control is something that everybody talks about when somebody gets shot. Well the hard truth is, guns don't kill people. People kill people. A person has to load the gun, aim the gun and pull the trigger. We don't need control on guns. We need control on the people who have the guns. If you have a criminal record and you have been known to kill you will have to run a background check before you're able to get your guns.

------

Regulating Taxes on working people will not only bring more jobs but also putting more people in those jobs. A person who makes 8$ an hour gets taxed 5%,10% and even 15% and sometimes even up to but not limited to 35%. You take a middle class man who works 10 hours a day and makes 10 dollars an hour. He gets taxed 15% for his week of pay. He takes home 425$ or somewhere around there. That money could be going towards his house payments. His food. His utilities or even buying clothes for his children. Regulating taxes is the number one thing we need to work on. I want to lower the tax rate to at least 3% to give the lower/middle class man or woman that extra incentive to work harder for those promotions. A happy worker is a hard worker.

-------

Health Care is the most important thing. Canada-while their government isn't the best- they do have free health care. Free health care is the most important thing that we need to work on. While Canadians have to pay higher taxes for free health care we will not. Regulating taxes is what needs to happens. 

---------

The working man is the best type of man. A man who isn't afraid of trying to support his family and trying to make his household happy. The working man is the backbone of our community. I've seen plenty working men and woman that have started their own companies based on the fact to grow more and create more jobs. They make more money for our homes and government. I want to work on. Not taxing the working person not because they're special but because they deserve what they worked for. Why take that away? And crime is something that I will talk about later if necessary. Thank you for your time. 

• Like 3

Hello valued, beloved and respected citizens, my name is Bodhi Preston and I'm running for Governor because I believe you all deserve so much, I believe that you shouldn't be heavily taxed for working so hard during the week, I believe you shouldn't be fearing the idea of crime being high, being made homeless or worse being denied healthcare when you need it the most.

Below is my manifesto and what I will pledge to do for you, the American people.

Taxes

I will ensure as your governor that taxes are reduced to allow hard working families to be able save and have more money leftover after all necessities have been paid for. Taxes will only go towards helping society and necessary services run efficiently, under my rule as Governor i will not allow anyone in power or a position of authority to abuse taxes paid by the working class.

Gun Control

Gun control is something i will ensure has an outstanding effect, i will set heavy laws in to prevent criminals with records related to guns and weapons in general being able to buy a gun so that the only people who can acquire a gun are citizens looking to protect themselves in a life threatening scenario or for genuine hunting and other activities that are gun related but don't pose a threat to other citizens.

Crime

Here's a good question for you, why should the people be afraid of criminals? To put it simple as your governor i will be heavily cracking down on crime, I will ensure that the DEA, S.W.A.T, and the entire police force as a whole put a stop to all criminal activity and ensure that you, the beloved and respected citizens can sleep easy at night knowing you're being kept safe.

Healthcare

Through taxes and the money our government makes, I will make sure that no person goes without healthcare if they need it and I will also ensure that medical care is free.

Job and house safety

one of my high on the list priorities is ensuring that no man or woman regardless of race, nationality or sexuality etc goes without a home. I will guarantee job safety with a living wage that allows all families to live not in the high life but with peace of mind and comfort.

Corruption

Corruption is something i will not tolerate as Governor, I pledge to ensure that any government official or person of authority caught using any means to further themselves either at the expense of hard-working tax paying citizens or the state itself will face heavy consequences.

Illegal Contraband and Firearms

As Governor I will legalise drugs IF they are proven to be solely beneficial medically with minimal negative consequences to the patients taking them, any other Contraband will remain illegal and will hold severe punishment to those caught using, selling or producing. The Same goes for illegal firearms, I pledge to not only put heavy implements against drugs i will also pledge to put the same laws against illegal firearms.

All of my above statements in my manifesto are just the start of what's to come under my rule as governor, if you want a caring leader who will keep you all safe and secure then vote for me, Bodhi Preston for governor.

Thank you all for taking the time to hear me out.

19322053.jpg

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 1

To all the people running for govener; what drugs will be legal and what drugs will be illegal. 

• Like 1

Hey Zeus, to answer your question as Governor most drugs will be illegal such as heroin, cocaine, meth, Ketamine etc. The only drug i intend to legalize is marijuana and only if it's proven to be solely beneficial medically, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask i'll be happy to answer any and all questions about my campaign for Governor and the pledges i have made

On 12/5/2016 at 8:54 PM, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Hey Zeus, to answer your question as Governor most drugs will be illegal such as heroin, cocaine, meth, Ketamine etc. The only drug i intend to legalize is marijuana and only if it's proven to be solely beneficial medically, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask i'll be happy to answer any and all questions about my campaign for Governor and the pledges i have made

Even medically, Marijuana is used to get high.  My mother's good friend's grandmother was on marijuana when she was undergoing cancer treatment.
It can treat a couple of ailments, and research is finding that there's a possibility of use for other problems (such as slowing cancer, but the only known good cure for cancer is the polio-cold treatment, which is still in testing); but, right now, in the state of Florida at least, it's being used for pain relief in hospitals per the patient's consent.

----

Zeus, if I play a role in the government, I will support legalization of all recreational drugs to take power away from drug lords, whose wealth and power is owed to illegal drugs.

Edited by Jared

I have a question. 
Where are you going to get the money for free healthcare, for more active police and for backround checks in gun control, if you are going to lower the taxes. Have you considered the posibility of inflation.

And how about education. Do you have any plans regarding it.

7 hours ago, Jared said:

Jared, if you could private message if it's even possible on the forums I would like to discuss with you about you working in government, potentially within my cabinet.

Surffaaja1 as for eduction, gun control and medical care costs, yes I have considered inflation, it's not the ideal solution however like with all governments there is a cost and if I'm providing free healthcare, education, heavy gun Control and low taxes etc then the cost in return may have to be the price of goods going up, however I will not be putting the prices too high, providing everyone is working with the secured jobs and fair wages that I've pledged to secure then the economy should be okay and as i Have said I will contribute to the economy with a donation of my personal cash.

I hope this covers any queries or worries you may have but rest assured I aim to be a loyal and dedicated Governor with true,honest intentions

• Like 1

On 05/12/2016 at 0:47 AM, Zeus said:

To all the people running for govener; what drugs will be legal and what drugs will be illegal. 

As an Answer to your question we will make marijuana legal to buy from certified dealers. This will only be allowed in small amounts, anyone found with over the certified amount is liable to prison or fines.  The making and processing of it will be illegal however without a permit. We will have it as a relatively expensive permit so not everyone are doing these runs. All other drugs will be illegal unless you are certified by a doctor to use them for medical reasons. if you are caught doing illegal activities with marijuana you will have a permit given to you banning you from the use of it. If we feel the use of marijuana is getting out of hand we will ban it. We are still developing this.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any more questions please go to our forum - http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/2897-the-liberal-progress-union/ . Thank you.

Edited by Some_Lemon
More info

7 hours ago, Surffaaja1 said:

I have a question. 
Where are you going to get the money for free healthcare, for more active police and for backround checks in gun control, if you are going to lower the taxes. Have you considered the posibility of inflation.

And how about education. Do you have any plans regarding it.

As our group we promised minimal taxes. They may not be as low as other companies but it will provide healthcare, education, more police etc. Please go to our forum to learn more. Feel Free to ask any questions. - http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/2897-the-liberal-progress-union/

Hello citizens of Identity. I'd love if you could check out my campaign page. I look forward to working with all of you to make Identity Island a safe and prosperous place for all!

All the best,
Bobby Cruz

The Freedom Party

Party Mission:

This party has been formed due to the lack of quality of individuals running for governor of the Island of Identity. Our mission is to advance the agenda of the people of Identity and ensure their freedoms as the people of this great land. We shall make sure that no dictator, no fame seeker, and no money grabber shall ever hold the position of governor on this great island.

Party Officials:

Governor Candidate: Roger

Party Leader: Alpha

Party Commissioners: Kyle, and Aus

More pending

Agenda/Laws:

Gun Control- On this issue our candidate expresses the inalienable right for every man to bear arms. These legal guns include anything from pistols to rifles that are of civilian grade. Permits will have to be issued to those seeking automatic weapons and a firm vetting process by the administrative office. Those who work for private businesses like security, transportation and other will have more freedom to use those arms. There will also be background checks for those looking to purchase any weapon.

Penalty for breaking the law: Jail time(how long TBD)

Reasoning: This I believe will be a very important law because I believe that a lot of people are going to want to have an automatic which may lead to deadly shootouts with cops. Jail times must be stiff for this reason.

Marijuana- Marijuana will be legal in the island of Identity to sell in shops and stores designated to sell the item. It may be smoked freely. Marijuana will also be slightly taxed by the government (see the tax laws for more info). Those who get caught selling marijuana without the correct permits will be fined heavily but since this is a non-violent  crime no jail time shall occur.

Penalty for breaking the law: 1st offense: 50$, 2nd offense: 100$, and doubles from then on.

Reasoning: We don’t want people to undercut legit businesses to make a quick profit. We want to protect our businesses no matter what it is and we will be tough on law breakers. At the same time, jail time for a non-violent crime is a governmental waste and will only result in lost money. ONLY FINES!

Taxes- SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Business

Sales

Housing

Legalized Drugs

3%

5%

TBD

8-10%

Code all new businesses will not have to pay taxes for 3 months so they can get on their feet.

Penalty for breaking the Law: If you don't pay your taxes you will be jailed after the 3rd offense. There will be no additional fines placed on you. Jail time TBD.

Reasoning: We want to ensure the growth of our businesses out there because after all that’s how people are going to make money. So by giving you the 3 strike rule this will give you a chance to redeem yourself. We will have just jail time because adding more fines to your unpayable taxes would just ruin you more and it would be stupid.

Non-Violent crime- This will mostly be met with fines.

What is a non-violent crime? Speeding, Selling Marijuana illegally, Doing various things without a license. Basically anything that doesn’t hurt someone or yourself.

Term Limits- You can only be governor 3 times before you have to pass off the torch peacefully.

Penalty for breaking the Law: I’d hope people rise up and rebel because then you would have a dictator.

Reasoning: We want to promote fresh ideas and don’t want a dictator.

Pardoning- Governor may pardon individuals only by having the rest of his cabinet confirm it.

Reasoning: We don’t want a political party to pardon people just because they like them or have some type of illegal business dealings with them.

Healthcare- We shall leave this up to the private companies the government has no right to dictate your healthcare. We’re talking about your life here.

Optional Welfare- If you're poor and really trying to get by you may apply for welfare. This would mean you would have to take a drug test and background test to make sure the money doesn’t go to waste. The money you would receive would only cover some living expenses.

This law will only be in place if the Government can spare the money.

Optional Business Incentives- This governor wants to put together a fund to give incentives to businesses who are doing well. More to come with this!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flexibility that doesn't break your budget!

Copy of Vote101.jpg

Edited by RogerTheShrubber

Hi Friends! Im Mr.X and im running for Governor of this fine town. Iv worked several years for my cousin GOLDIE WILSON's campaign for Hill Valley from 1985-2016. I also helped finance a small Paranormal investigation company called GHOSTBUSTERS with Dr. Ray Stantz, and private funding for time travel/exploration science with Dr. Emett Brown. I want low taxes for all, a city free of crime and homelessness, and a fair city that is big on jobs for women and minorities. Progress Is my middle name, that is my promise to you :D  So vote for me!  the peoples choice

6 hours ago, Mr-X said:

Hi Friends! Im Mr.X and im running for Governor of this fine town. Iv worked several years for my cousin GOLDIE WILSON's campaign for Hill Valley from 1985-2016. I also helped finance a small Paranormal investigation company called GHOSTBUSTERS with Dr. Ray Stantz, and private funding for time travel/exploration science with Dr. Emett Brown. I want low taxes for all, a city free of crime and homelessness, and a fair city that is big on jobs for women and minorities. Progress Is my middle name, that is my promise to you :D  So vote for me!  the peoples choice

No offense but you don't come across as being serious, this is based on real life so ghost busters and back to the future wouldn't make sense, secondly you haven't gone into any detail as to how you aim to get low taxes or wiping out crime and homelessness etc, if you're going to run for Governor at least actually try and present a thorough plan, don't take this as an insult but it's a life simulator, try and be realistic

5 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

No offense but you don't come across as being serious, this is based on real life so ghost busters and back to the future wouldn't make sense, secondly you haven't gone into any detail as to how you aim to get low taxes or wiping out crime and homelessness etc, if you're going to run for Governor at least actually try and present a thorough plan, don't take this as an insult but it's a life simulator, try and be realistic

Breh, I dunno if anyone told you this but Ghostbusters and Back to the future took place in real life. Duh. Dont worry when im mayor you will see the Grandness of my great vision <3 Make sure you grab a baked cookie and a button from my staff on your way out :D

5 minutes ago, Mr-X said:

Breh, I dunno if anyone told you this but Ghostbusters and Back to the future took place in real life. Duh. Dont worry when im mayor you will see the Grandness of my great vision <3 Make sure you grab a baked cookie and a button from my staff on your way out :D

fictional films aren't real life, i'm not stopping you chasing an ambition, albeit pointless and unrealistic but nevertheless an ambition, meanwhile when i become Governor i'll be taking this seriously and actually keeping everyone looked after

6 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

fictional films aren't real life, i'm not stopping you chasing an ambition, albeit pointless and unrealistic but nevertheless an ambition, meanwhile when i become Governor i'll be taking this seriously and actually keeping everyone looked after

Ty for your support, May the force be with you :D Assalamu alaykum my brotha <3

Hello!

I am Supreme Leader, and I am running for Governor through the National Identity Front.

supreme for gov.jpg

Who am I?

Allow me to introduce myself in a bit more detail. My name is Supreme Leader, and I'm a Korean American male from Seattle, Washington. I have the innate ability to organize, and lead a group of people, as well as the ability to take criticism well. I am very open-minded, and I enjoy debating with others in order to sharpen my argumentative skills, and to ultimately be a well-rounded and rational person. 

My idea of the ideal government is one that for the most part, keeps out of the lives of it's people. The role of the government is not to be an invisible gun against the head to the civilians, but rather to help the collective population express their needs through their elected officials. This means that generally for social issues, I find that it's best for the people to decide their own fate, rather than some highly ranked official who has somehow convinced himself of his moral superiority to have the ability to make decisions for the collective majority. Here, I will state my general beliefs for a variety of different heated topics of political discussion. Feel free to question, and challenge me to debate on whatever topic of your choice. As does my party, the NIF, I promote intellectual conversation, and I find that it is one of the most healthy things that you can do for your brain. I'm completely against the idea of exclusion of thought and the idea of thought-policing, as I feel that if you truly are correct in your thinking, then you should have absolutely no problem in making the other person look like a complete idiot in an intellectual discussion. If not, you probably should sit down and consider thinking deeper into your political views. And even in the event that you cannot get to a common ground, being able to disagree while remaining united is the foundation of any great civilization built on intellectual expansion and development. Anyways, let's begin.

Topics:

Freedom of Speech - This is a topic not being discussed by the other candidates, but I feel that is necessary to address. The right to freedom of speech, historically, has always been created to help support unpopular speech. Popular speech has no need for such laws of protection, because popular speech protects itself. It is important that we hear out every possible political ideology out there, and then weed out those that are weak through proper, intellectual discussion. The concept goes something like this:

If you truly believe that you are correct in comparison to another person, then what is the worry in taking to them in a debate? Challenging your views and beliefs with others does nothing more than help sharpen your ability to logical reason, but on top of that it helps weed out inferior or outdated beliefs within our society.

Marijuana - I find it to be absolutely useless to waste our time and money on trying to fight against the use of recreational marijuana. However, I still strongly believe that there should be strict regulations on ALL different kinds of drugs. For example, I find that there should be a vote among the people in which we decide the legal age to purchase, and posses certain amounts of marijuana. I believe that in social topics such as these, that it should be in the hands of the people to decide their fate.

Gun Control - I am a strong believer in the right to bear arms, for multiple different reasons. Firstly, I find that there is a always a threat of potential government tyranny. The people should be able to fight back against an authoritarian government, if it gets to that extreme. Secondly, the threat of being a victim of crime is always a constant threat as well. The people should be able to defend themselves against those wicked-minded, and also when criminals begin to acknowledge that more and more people are deciding to carry weapons, the crime rate will naturally decrease. 

However, with more loose policy on gun control, there must be more strict punishments if someone were to be caught misusing their firearms. Longer jail time, and other penalties need to be enforced to discourage this behavior.

Minimum Wage - As a person who advocates for free-market, I do not feel there needs to be a need for government regulation on minimum wage. It's more than a myth that government or businesses controls prices, or wages. The market does. The government should not be saturating the market with enforcing fictitious prices and wages out of nowhere, because the market will naturally balance these wages and prices out through supply, demand, and the economic prosperity of the consumer base.

The Law - With giving more freedoms to the people, there needs to be harsh punishments to deter these people from turning to a life of crime. This means longer prison sentences, and harsher penalties for committing crimes. Obviously, the punishments will vary dependent on the type of crime. However, with giving the people the privilege of certain liberties, we must give incentive them to maintain a positive lifestyle through having them acknowledge the dire consequences for going against the law of the land.

The Government - I find that the role of the government is to accurately represent the people, and to give the people a voice in which they can express their views. Through this, I will help support intellectual discussion within our population, and enforce the law of freedom of speech.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Taxes - This one will be an odd-ball because we don't necessarily know how the economy will function as of now, and we can only make speculate at this point. However, these are my proposed tax plans (due to change, but the general principles will still be the same).

Income Tax:

Up to $9,000 ------- 3% tax

$9000-$30,000 ------- 5% tax

$30,000-$80,000 ------- 15% tax

$80,000-$100,000 ------- 20% tax

$100,000-$200,000 ------- 25% tax

$200,000+ ------- 28% tax

This proposed tax plan is to ensure power in the middle class, and to support consumerism in the market for not only people of business interests to thrive, but also our consumer population. 

I will also allow people to write-off donations and charity in their taxes, however to stop tax avoidance, only 70% of the total donations and charity will be able to be written off. This way a person of $200,000 income can't just "donate" $200,000 to a friend's organization, just for his friend to give it back to him, with the initial guy having zero tax liability. However, having the ability to write off donations and charity will still help give incentive people to give back to their communities, while still not taking a huge hit in their net incomes.

Business Tax:

I propose a low 2% corporate income tax, for a few reasons.

1) Increase in the job market

With more businesses having to worry less about how much the government is going to take out of their profits, we should be helping them, as businesses will be an integral part of our economy. With the decrease in focus of taxes, businesses will be able to hire more, pay more, offer better benefits, etc.

Now, you may ask: "What if the businesses just pocket the extra cash?"

Something to understand is that with everything having to do with a business and a customer, there is always competition. With businesses looking for the best, most motivated, and most efficient workers, they have to offer something with employment that other businesses cannot. This is why we see such an increase of the better workers in the lower class moving to businesses like Amazon IRL, because they offer something to their employees that other businesses just can't compete with. 

To summarize a bit more, businesses will HAVE to employ more with BETTER benefits in order to even compete in the job market. This is why I don't propose a base minimum wage, because the market will determine this on its own accord, and pushing government regulation on this will do nothing more than harm to our free and open markets.

2) Better benefits for employees

Same reasons as above ^^

Competition, competition, and more competition in the job market among employers to attract the best workers they possibly can.

3) If we drastically lower the corporate income tax, we could eliminate the special treatment for dividends and capital gains.

The reason we currently have the special rates is to offset the "double taxation" of corporate profits.  You can quibble with the term, but the fact remains that a 35% corporate income tax combined with, say, a 43% marginal income tax rate (once we add in the special Medicare surcharges), would be a hell of a disincentive for the very wealthy to invest; you're talking about lowering the projected return on an investment by almost 3/4. There's little question that this would be bad--there's a reason that not even Sweden attempts to levy those sorts of taxes on capital.  But if we get rid of the corporate income tax, we can simply roll capital income into ordinary income--which means that we'll be taxing corporate income more progressively.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am aware that there are a multitude of topics that I may have missed, but feel free to ask me through a reply!

I'd be more than happy to answer or challenge any of you to a debate.

Supreme Leader for Governor!
President of the National Identity Front (NIF)

NIF logo 2.JPG

Edited by SupremeLeader
  • Like 1