Sign in to follow this  
Gilbey

Hello

Hello everyone. I wanted to say something a little more entertaining to read than a bland little "greetings from Ohio", but my dry sense of humor doesn't often translate very well to the written/printed word. Maybe I could spice things up more if I didn't have such an aversion to emoticons?

A tiny bit about myself: I'm a military veteran and father of one. I like gaming, but my main passion in life (besides my son) is minerals; I'm studying to be a gemologist. The main games I play are Sacred 2, Wolcen (once I get a better rig), and this once it comes out. I look forward to playing with all of you, especially because this is my first MMO and all of you sound fun.

Later,

Gilbey

Edited by Gilbey
  • Like 2

Well, welcome Gilbey! I must say, you are very unorthodox with asking for a little bit of humour, but I am sure we can work something out. That's an interesting job, a gemologist...  Here's a joke I totally didn't just Google for a quick lame joke...

Q: Why did the geologist take his girlfriend to the quarry? A: He wanted to get a little boulder. 

A: He wanted to get a little boulder. 

I hope that wasn't too terrible. Greetings from Australia! :) 

• Like 1

Welcome Gilbey!

I look forward to seeing your progression through this game and can't wait to see if you incorporate your true passions into the game as well.

From Australia, 

TravisGB

Hello, Andrew :) There's nothing wrong with clean humor, I like that. With an 18 month old, a variety of areas in my life have become more.... "appropriate for all ages". As far as gemologist, thank you. Ya know, when I came home from the military and started college, I had no idea that my course of study would take such a drastic turn ( I started out in psychology ). Life is kinda funny like that some times. I haven't much experience in Australia, but I did spend a little time in Perth. If you're familiar with that area and like minerals, I highly recommend a store called The Crystal Cavern.

Hi, Travis. I'd love it if I could put my passions into the game, as well. I've seen a few pictures of jewelry stores here, maybe I'll be able to have a loose mineral/ fossil store. Geodes, clusters, shark teeth, that type of deal.

• Like 2

Hello and Welcome to the Identity community! Nice to meet you and well good luck with your course and hope it goes well for you and that is a drastic turn in where you were going, but that is the way of life. Anyways maybe we will meet in-game.

Please use the FAQ and search bar to find answers that you need. If you need to just quote me and I will reply to your questions. 2 FAQ links in my signature at the bottom of all my posts, so please read them both and then search if there is a question not answered there already.

(I love Tea.)  From the UK.

6 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Hello and Welcome to the Identity community! Nice to meet you and well good luck with your course and hope it goes well for you and that is a drastic turn in where you were going, but that is the way of life. Anyways maybe we will meet in-game.

Please use the FAQ and search bar to find answers that you need. If you need to just quote me and I will reply to your questions. 2 FAQ links in my signature at the bottom of all my posts, so please read them both and then search if there is a question not answered there already.

(I love Tea.)  From the UK.

Thanks, boss :)