Sign in to follow this  
uncannierlink

Devblog Discussion

You know what, I'm happy with this response. As someone who was very skeptical the team was trying to pull a fast one, it's given me renewed hope in the team and the game. They're able to admit their mistakes and finally be honest about the release date. Good on them. I'm looking forward to seeing the video. I'm sure it will be exactly what we all expect it to be. What are your thoughts?

P.S. I will once again be visiting the forums daily and attempting to contribute meaningful content to pass the time.

• Like 7

Im glad to welcome you aboard the identity community bro need any help just ask me or go on the discord im half of the time online #CantwaitforNovember

5 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

Im glad to welcome you aboard the identity community bro need any help just ask me or go on the discord im half of the time online #CantwaitforNovember

Lion he's been on the forums longer than you haha

• Like 3

Well. Rust Devs arent many as well but write Dev-Blogs - because they do stuff that they can write.
Most stuff done here - we wont read about - because even less devs.
You want them to communicate? Expect no release ever then. Simple.

3 hours ago, Myrothas said:

Well. Rust Devs arent many as well but write Dev-Blogs - because they do stuff that they can write.

Facepunch studies (The rust team) is composed of 25 full time workers. From (Dec 2013–2014) they made 55 million USD. Not really a fair comparison. I think we should be satisfied with he fact the devs posted a reasonable explanation as to why they haven't really been updating us, and told us exactly what they were working on.

• Like 1

I'm personally satisfied with the dev blog post as well.

It gives a very fair time frame for the video release and first module, and answers a few lingering questions I had.

Thank you devs! 

Thanks Devs for the update.

Drifted off a bit due to no real news, but this sounds good...

Can't wait for more to come!

On 22/10/2016 at 0:59 PM, Myrothas said:

Do you know how far into production Rust was announced?

Im impressed that the team admitted that their PR sucks. I rarely see a dev team to admit that(or anything in general) and i think thats pretty brave of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrinceChawmin said:

Im impressed that the team admitted that their PR sucks. I rarely see a dev team to admit that(or anything in general) and i think thats pretty brave of them.

After almost a year of little word, I believe that being straight up honest and not trying to bs their way around it is the best bet. They fucked up and they're accepting it. I'm happy to hear it, but I also just tuned in.

You also got to remember that this is a small office with little intent of being your traditional triple A company.

23 hours ago, PrinceChawmin said:

Motown admitted they had bad PR on twitter ages ago too. He has always been straight up with that about it.

On 23.10.2016 at 9:14 PM, Kickapoo said:

Do you know how far into production Rust was announced?

I played it back when it was only playable in a browser... and 4 years later it is still in Alpha.
So... Yeah. Identity will take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

15 hours ago, Myrothas said:

I played it back when it was only playable in a browser... and 4 years later it is still in Alpha.
So... Yeah. Identity will take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

My point proven, they waited until they had something to offer the community soon before they announced it. Identity was announced while they were still planning the damn thing.

36 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

My point proven, they waited until they had something to offer the community soon before they announced it. Identity was announced while they were still planning the damn thing.

Yeah and theres lots of work and stuff to do.
That means a lot of stuff to inform us about...

Still I dont mind not getting Monthly or Weekly Reports.
Writing them takes away usefull scripting, modeling and coding time.

On 10/22/2016 at 11:44 PM, LionKingGamer said:

whats the link for the discord server? I'm new to the forums. Thanks!