Andrew811

Undercover Cops

Ok, so I don't know if this has already been answered but is there going to be the ability to have undercover cops? If so what does everyone think about that? Good, bad, or do you not care? I'd love to know.

20 hours ago, Andrew811 said:

Ok, so I don't know if this has already been answered but is there going to be the ability to have undercover cops? If so what does everyone think about that? Good, bad, or do you not care? I'd love to know.

Sadly No, this is because the devs want clear distinction between cops and criminals/ civilians which I think is good as because you know who is who and can't walk into a undercover cop trap. Also yes it has been asked and answered before but I cannot remember where; so instead here is a few links for more answers you may ask for in the future: 

FAQ

FAQ Extended

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Sadly No, this is because the devs want clear distinction between cops and criminals/ civilians which I think is good as because you know who is who and can't walk into a undercover cop trap. Also yes it has been asked and answered before but I cannot remember where; so instead here is a few links for more answers you may ask for in the future: 

FAQ

FAQ Extended

I believe that the devs stated that there will be unmarked police uniforms, it's just all cars will be marked which seems kind of useless. I could be totally wrong but I believe that's what I saw

They is a very easy way around not having a set system. 

Police could simply have an "undercover agent" join the criminal organization and relay incriminating information and evidence of that organization to their superiors in the police.  

The undercover would have to make sure they do not commit illegal activities while maintaining their cover within the organization.  Police would then have a way of building a case against criminal organizations, and adds another sense of realism to criminality and the policing of it. 

Just my thoughts tho.

• Like 2

Honestly it's a little thing for me, but it ruins immersion not having it. Like, imagine the situations and role playing possibilities that could come from that. Some of the greatest RP stories could come of it. I think it would be awesome to have but unfortunately it won't be in the game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

Honestly it's a little thing for me, but it ruins immersion not having it. Like, imagine the situations and role playing possibilities that could come from that. Some of the greatest RP stories could come of it. I think it would be awesome to have but unfortunately it won't be in the game.

I still think it can be accomplished even without a system in place in the game.  It will just need to be accomplished by police literally going undercover, and joining/infiltrating a criminal organization.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2016 at 1:41 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

FAQ

FAQ Extended

Will the trials be like real life? With defences such as entrapment if a cop encourages you to commit a crime? And what if there are undercover criminals in the force? For example an officer giving information to criminals about police whereabouts etc.?