lemon

Is this even true...

Hello there, I have the feeling that this whole thing is a bit rigged. I mean it's understandable that the Devs need their time but we do not really have at least 1 evidence that Identity is real and Identity will get released. I read a Reddit post where someone is also complaining about Asylum in relation to Altis Life servers: https://www.reddit.com/r/IdentityMMO/comments/53vp6y/real_colors_of_the_owners_of_this_project_read/?st=IUF57E7C&sh=ebfbfbf7

If it would be real the Developers could give us a little glimpse that the game exists like with the promised gameplay video or a announcement for the first module and I do not really think that there is no time for that, that would be a lie. The last DevBlog is also a half year ago and the only thing we see is some work on character customization which would not take a team with 10 programmers 1 year. Iam also wondering why the packages at the shops are declared as donations? I mean isn't that a bit obvious? This game is too good to be real guys. Iam not saying that the Devs are attempting a very big scam but at the moment we don't have evidence for the opposite. Guys please correct me if Iam wrong but the feeling is getting me more and more and it would not be the first time a game project on Kickstarter evolved as a scam. Help me please and be nice with replies Iam just very confused right now so please do not judge me! :(

• Like 2

The fact they refuse to put out any footage in almost 2 years and they've been delaying a trailer for over 6 months is the biggest red flag you can get. All i know is, if they're full of shit, they deserve every legal and illegal attack on them they'll receive. But i still hope they aren't full of shit because i want the game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kalebninja said:

The fact they refuse to put out any footage in almost 2 years and they've been delaying a trailer for over 6 months is the biggest red flag you can get. All i know is, if they're full of shit, they deserve every legal and illegal attack on them they'll receive. But i still hope they aren't full of shit because i want the game.

It's too ambitious to be real I guess...

Edited by lemon

9 minutes ago, lemon said:

It's too ambitious to be real I guess...

How can you say that when it's only been in development for a somewhat short time? 

16 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

How can you say that when it's only been in development for a somewhat short time? 

It's been 2 years and theres no actual evidence of anything being done, not even an update

EDIT: You know something is up when pretty much every thread in this category right now is questioning progress/legitimacy and the devs/staff still dont seem to give a shit.  I mean, I know it takes a while but they should have SOMETHING.

The makers of GTA MP had a mod to the point where they had video evidence of being in game within 3 months.  Granted, that's a mod and not a whole game, but still, there should be some sort of proof.  They were also a small team of VOLUNTEERS

Edited by TakeiT
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, TakeiT said:

It's been 2 years and theres no actual evidence of anything being done, not even an update

EDIT: You know something is up when pretty much every thread in this category right now is questioning progress/legitimacy and the devs/staff still dont seem to give a shit.  I mean, I know it takes a while but they should have SOMETHING.

The makers of GTA MP had a mod to the point where they had video evidence of being in game within 3 months.  Granted, that's a mod and not a whole game, but still, there should be some sort of proof.  They were also a small team of VOLUNTEERS

When the game was first announced not only was it solely a concept but the video shown of the apartment customization was partly the dev's assets and other people's assets. So they put together different scenes to elaborate on the concept initially introduced during the kickstarter campaign. Motown has also replied to a few posts explaining their situations to almost everyone questioning the game or it's release, and also replying to a lot of the fans or members of the forums on the fan-made discord.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

You are speaking truth: "somewhat short time" and they already passed their halftime...

In my opinion it is quite impossible to develope that promised game in about 3 years with a 10 men squad...

Take a look on Rockstar Games with GTA 5. How long has it been till this game got released? 5 years I guess and they have a obviously bigger team then Asylum. Just saying

4 minutes ago, lemon said:

You are speaking truth: "somewhat short time" and they already passed their halftime...

In my opinion it is quite impossible to develope that promised game in about 3 years with a 10 men squad...

Take a look on Rockstar Games with GTA 5. How long has it been till this game got released? 5 years I guess and they have a obviously bigger team then Asylum. Just saying

and not only do they have a small staff but a lot of them are freelancers so they aren't only focused on Identity as they are working for other games as well.

4 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

and not only do they have a small staff but a lot of them are freelancers so they aren't only focused on Identity as they are working for other games as well.

and what about the 150k they raised on kickstarter? What are they for? I thought it would be their payout for the development so they have some money to live.

and what about the 150k they raised on kickstarter? What are they for? I thought it would be their payout for the development so they have some money to live.

That was used to hire the freelancers and help get certain features in the game.

Then why don't they post a thread explaining it.  Everyone is taking the dev's word for it, and a lot of people are starting to worry.  Would it really be that hard to post a 2 paragraph update?  The fact that they haven't tells me something is wrong.  Either they are incompetent community leaders who don't know how to communicate with their investors, or they're just trying to screw as many people as possible.  If you google Asylum entertainment, there are countless reports of them ripping people off and being refunded by paypal, these threads are starting to spread across this forum too

Edited by TakeiT
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

That was used to hire the freelancers and help get certain features in the game.

So they should be only focused on Identity then... 

So they should be only focused on Identity then... 

Who, the freelancers? 

Yeah which freelancer would take more jobs at the same time? Don´t they have an agreement?

• Like 1

Yeah which freelancer would take more jobs at the same time? Don´t they have an agreement?

Definition of a freelancer:  working for different companies at different times rather than being permanently employed by one company.

So they aren't solely focused on Identity.

Most have a contract, some don't. 

11 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

Definition of a freelancer:  working for different companies at different times rather than being permanently employed by one company.

But back to @TakeiT, would also know where the evidence is. I mean even Rockstar will release his trailer to Read Dead: Redemption 2 on thursday and announced it today.

Edited by lemon

10 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

Your own definition says it, Different companies at different times, not different companies at the same time.

A freelancer is just a contractor, and again, criticizing the community leaders, they shouldn't pick developers who aren't solely focused on their project. It would be like me paying someone to build a roof on my house, they start it, get it all torn apart, then decide they want to go and start someone elses, it rains and my roof falls apart.

Doesn't make sense, does it?

9 minutes ago, TakeiT said:

Your own definition says it, Different companies at different times, not different companies at the same time.

A freelancer is just a contractor, and again, criticizing the community leaders, they shouldn't pick developers who aren't solely focused on their project. It would be like me paying someone to build a roof on my house, they start it, get it all torn apart, then decide they want to go and start someone elses, it rains and my roof falls apart.

That isn't my own definition, that's straight off google, and by "time" it means at different times of the day. You also can't compare that to someone building a roof since a freelancer is meant to work on different projects whereas a roof contractor isn't. 

EDIT: They don't "Pick" the developers who aren't solely focused on the project, they "hire" them, and "them" are freelancers like I said. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lemon said:

They gave a ambitious release estimate and well so they have delayed things as they are behind that ambitious schedule.

20 minutes ago, TakeiT said:

If I was a freelancer, I could be working on identity 1 day, the next day I could be working on another game and so on. So I could be working on 2 games over 5 days.

• Like 1

But again, where is this announcement of delaying stuff?

As an investor, I dont want to be searching the forum for hours to find information, it should be right in the main forum.

9 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

@lemon @TakeiT What are you actually trying to achieve by complaining may I ask? 

what complaining? I just want to get the Devs giving us some evidence that the development exists...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lemon said:

what complaining? I just want to get the Devs giving us some evidence that the development exists...

No no no you're just like every other person that complains, and like the rest of them it goes in one ear and out the other. You already know the devs are conservative with their updates so having a little moan will do absolutely nothing to change that. Falling on deaf ears my friend. Wait it out and post stuff of a less monotonous and repetitive nature while you're at it.

6 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

No no no you're just like every other person that complains, and like the rest of them it goes in one ear and out the other. You already know the devs are conservative with their updates so having a little moan will do absolutely nothing to change that. Falling on deaf ears my friend. Wait it out and post stuff of a less monotonous and repetitive nature while you're at it.

they are the opposite of hello games. better less informations than more than available.

4 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

they are the opposite of hello games. better less informations than more than available.

Hello Games need to be sent to Oblivion for the crimes they committed against the Game Industry haha