marleyisme

Cost Of a Server????

Question

I haven't seen anything about this, so how much will it cost to run your server?

If they answered please link me to where they answered it!

Thank You!

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

@HairyGrenade Please move this to the correct area.

12 hours ago, marleyisme said:

I haven't seen anything about this, so how much will it cost to run your server?

If they answered please link me to where they answered it!

Thank You!

I can tell you now, that they are still looking at possible hoster's but as far as I know they have not given a price on how much they will be sold for. I for one asked how much 300 slots would be roughly and motown said probably near $150 - $300. Motown also said that they will try and make it affordable.

wait for nitradio etc. to offer some private servers. not that expensive and yeah, it will 100% work better than a "custom home selfmade" one

On 10/17/2016 at 11:19 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

@HairyGrenade Please move this to the correct area.

I can tell you now, that they are still looking at possible hoster's but as far as I know they have not given a price on how much they will be sold for. I for one asked how much 300 slots would be roughly and motown said probably near $150 - $300. Motown also said that they will try and make it affordable.

Has there been any talk on if they are going to allow private hosts?  I personally would rather manage everything through a virtual server than pay per slot and have to rely on someone else if there is a problem.  Even if it meant having to additionally pay for a license from identity for X slots.

1 hour ago, TakeiT said:

Has there been any talk on if they are going to allow private hosts?  I personally would rather manage everything through a virtual server than pay per slot and have to rely on someone else if there is a problem.  Even if it meant having to additionally pay for a license from identity for X slots.

Nothing has been publicly mentioned, no sorry. I would love the same too but i don't know if they will. I know they are selecting hosters that they can trust.

Privately hosting our own server would be ideal. We have access to hardware so it would be more cost effective to host it ourselves.

51 minutes ago, Omen said:

Privately hosting our own server would be ideal. We have access to hardware so it would be more cost effective to host it ourselves.

I am sure you can't/ won't be able to do it yourselves because of how there network is set up. Also they are choosing their server hosters wisely and not all hosters. (I know what I said above is a different answer to this, thats because I just remembered that there was info given)

Edited by JamesLuck01