GeneSmith

Gene Smith for Governor

13 hours ago, FrancePourLaVie said:

@GeneSmith CARE TO EXPLAIN? "Glad to see the Orginal Family still gaining members" - Gene Smith Posted Wednesday at 08:23 PM

ALSO "In most cases no, but I feel keeping crime in one place is better than having it everywhere you know what I'm saying?" - @LuciousTimes - Posted August 26 , So you're just going to IGNORE gang land crimes, you are just going to IGNORE illegal drug trafficking, you are just going to DO ANYTHING to become Governor? Even if it means getting your hands dirty with criminals? DISGUSTING!!!!

Fancy seeing this kind of message under the Front National logo (not that I think Front National is criminal, it's just funny seeing an IRL political party having an opinion in an in-game debate ^^)

• Like 1

I am happy that my old opponent that actually had good debates with me despite calling me a Communist, I am happy to have a good opponent back @GeneSmith. Welcome back Mr.Smith

Hello,

Let it be known that the Luprano's are excellent people, and it doesn't seem that they'd appreciate people discussing their business.

~ Regards

Edited by Maxwell_Luciano
  • Like 2

I hope this achieves stability in your "brain" but the Luprano family strictly follows the agenda of legal stock market investment and is rather interested in discussing "important" business.

• Like 1

This is especially for Preston Bohdi but a warning to all Dont mess with the lupranos because we bite back If you dont want your careers to end never offend us threaten us or try to get one other on us yours truly Jerry Sirata Enforcer

Edited by Resurge
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Resurge said:

This is especially for Preston Bohdi but a warning to all Dont mess with the lupranos because we bite back If you dont want your careers to end never offend us threaten us or try to get one other on us yours truly Jerry Sirata Enforcer

It'll be my pleasure to offend you just because of that comment, dear member of the Luprano Family ;)

13 hours ago, ThomasHetch said:

I am happy that my old opponent that actually had good debates with me despite calling me a Communist, I am happy to have a good opponent back @GeneSmith. Welcome back Mr.Smith

25 minutes ago, Resurge said:

38 minutes ago, DonnieFalcone said:
I hope this achieves stability in your "brain" but the Luprano family strictly follows the agenda of legal stock market investment and is rather interested in discussing "important" business.

1 hour ago, Maxwell_Luciano said:

Hello,

Let it be known that the Luprano's are excellent people, and it doesn't seem that they'd appreciate people discussing their business.

~ Regards

To @ThomasHetch, of course you're not a communist. Mainly something I said in a flurry of passion. But I don't doubt that debates will be some of the most thrilling now that you're back.

And to the members of The Luprano Family. I've known Frank for as long as I've been on these forums. He and I have a mutual agreement of understandings. No disrespect was meant towards any of you, and we've already discussed things in a private format.

Thank you everybody for your time.

21 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Or he could be the worst man on earth, taking advantage of the Internet to appear like a good Governor-to-be in order to make its jurisdiction an awful place... I'm not saying it's the case, but you should never blindly trust a wannabe politician :)

Oh but of course. I have to rely simply on the basis of trust. In this case that's all I have. But wannabe is far from what I'd call myself.

5 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Oh but of course. I have to rely simply on the basis of trust. In this case that's all I have. But wannabe is far from what I'd call myself.

I hope you didn't take offense about this, I was just putting things back in context. To be honest, getting into the different political parties of this game is on my to-do list, so I'm not in a good position to criticize your ideas!

20 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Anything, no...there is a line! The Lupranos will be booked! Especially with Zoey Anderson on the loose! Sometimes you need to be in close with the criminals in order to EASILY lock 'em up! I wish we could shut down all alleged criminal accounts in honesty! I befriended the Lupranos a while back...they were and are the biggest crime association! They do nearly all thinkable crime! We take them out and we've eaten a big piece out of that crime cake!

As much as it pains me to say this. But there are much better ways to rid a criminal organization than to befriend them. Perhaps make laws pertaining to what crimes they commit or simply have them be a top priority. Politics and Crime go together as well as mint gun and cold water. It does nothing but hurt the innocent.

7 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

I hope you didn't take offense about this, I was just putting things back in context. To be honest, getting into the different political parties of this game is on my to-do list, so I'm not in a good position to criticize your ideas!

Absolutely not. I encourage you to say things like that. It gives me a better understanding of what you think of me so I can better explain my intentions. I took no offense to any of what you said.

And ideas are plentiful in my head. Just finding a good way to execute them is the hard part.

6 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

As much as it pains me to say this. But there are much better ways to rid a criminal organization than to befriend them. Perhaps make laws pertaining to what crimes they commit or simply have them be a top priority. Politics and Crime go together as well as mint gun and cold water. It does nothing but hurt the innocent.

I'd have used the Coke and Mentos analogy, but yours is valid too.

7 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

There's a lot more to it than what's on the surface! Somethings are needed to be dealt with extreme measures!

6 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

There's a lot more to it than what's on the surface! Somethings are needed to be dealt with extreme measures!

Extreme measure leads to extreme outcomes. When you take a gun away from a shooter he doesn't stop killing. He looks for the next best weapon. Crime is something I've been focused on for most of my campaign. No disrespect but your plan is trying to put a dent in crime, not stop it.

9 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

I'd have used the Coke and Mentos analogy, but yours is valid too.

Ah damn, I could've used that couldn't I have. I was in the heat of the moment and that's all I could think of.

5 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Extreme measure leads to extreme outcomes. When you take a gun away from a shooter he doesn't stop killing. He looks for the next best weapon. Crime is something I've been focused on for most of my campaign. No disrespect but your plan is trying to put a dent in crime, not stop it.

You'll never be able to "stop" crime!

5 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

You'll never be able to "stop" crime!

Well, just like you can leash a raging dragon, you can reduce crime enough so that it's existent but not prominent.

6 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Well, just like you can leash a raging dragon, you can reduce crime enough so that it's existent but not prominent.

It's all about the process of elimination. 

8 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

It's all about the process of elimination. 

And your idea of "crime" and "justice", howbeit.

Edited by Rinyuaru-Kun
Broken English.

7 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

And your idea of "crime" and "justice", though.

Crime is what people do when they have no other option. I don't enact Justice that's for the police to do. But crime is like a weed, you kill one and it grows back. But cut of its source of life it dies off. 

9 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Crime is what people do when they have no other option. I don't enact Justice that's for the police to do. But crime is like a weed, you kill one and it grows back. But cut of its source of life it dies off. 

In my opinion, crime can be a source of thrill too. In Identity, cooking meth can be a thrilling way of making money, not just an option for people who can't do anything else. Even if I had a comfortable situation in-game, I still wouldn't say no to a robbery, or something like that. If I were you, I wouldn't mistake Identity with real-life, even more when it's about crime motives.

EDIT: also, justice is determined by the governor and then enforced by the police, isn't it? Or is it different in the USA? That's a real interrogation, certainly not me winding you up, also.

Edited by Rinyuaru-Kun

6 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

In my opinion, crime can be a source of thrill too. In Identity, cooking meth can be a thrilling way of making money, not just an option for people who can't do anything else. Even if I had a comfortable situation in-game, I still wouldn't say no to a robbery, or something like that. If I were you, I wouldn't mistake Identity with real-life, even more when it's about crime motives.

The thrill of crime comes from evading the police. Without laws to stop crime it wouldn't be crime. Just frowned upon activities.

6 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

The thrill of crime comes from evading the police. Without laws to stop crime it wouldn't be crime. Just frowned upon activities.

You're right.

15 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Who or where is the source Smith?