GeneSmith

Gene Smith for Governor

5 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

"Regulating Taxes on working people will not only bring more jobs but also putting more people in those jobs. A person who makes 8$ an hour gets taxed 5%,10% and even 15% and sometimes even up to but not limited to 35%. You take a middle class man who works 10 hours a day and makes 10 dollars an hour. He gets taxed 15% for his week of pay. He takes home 425$ or somewhere around there. That money could be going towards his house payments. His food. His utilities or even buying clothes for his children. Regulating taxes is the number one thing we need to work on. I want to lower the tax rate to at least 3% to give the lower/middle class man or woman that extra incentive to work harder for those promotions. A happy worker is a hard worker."

And if that doesn't work out immediately ill raise it by only a couple of percent. I'm basing it off of the number of people and the jobs they'll be doing. So far I've managed to think up that it will work.

3% tax to lower and middle class, got that. But unless I haven't been reading the right parts, you haven't talked about the top tax bracket.

5 minutes ago, Calico said:

3% tax to lower and middle class, got that. But unless I haven't been reading the right parts, you haven't talked about the top tax bracket.

The way I'll have it is 

3-5% for the lower class

6-10% for the middle class

and 10, 15, 20% for upper class.

5 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

The way I'll have it is 

3-5% for the lower class

6-10% for the middle class

and 10, 15, 20% for upper class.

I like that. A little too low for the lower class in my opinion, but overall far better than what I've seen from other candidates.

22 hours ago, Zeus said:

What is your position on gay marriage? 

I have no problem with the subject. The only time I have a problem with it is when it's forced onto other people against their own will. But if a man wants to be with a man I don't mind. 

Seeing as not many people know what my exact plans are I will list them for all of you good people to see.

Taxes will be based on your annual income. This means that if you're a lower class citizen you won't see as big of a tax cut as the middle and upper class citizens will be seeing.

Lower class will be seeing a 3-5% tax cut to their annual income. This is subject to change but probably won't.

Middle class will see a 5-10% tax cut to their annual income. This is to further equalize taxing across the board.

Upper class will see a 10-15% tax cut if their annual income. I don't want to bleed you dry but I do want to make sure your getting exactly what you pay for. 

This means free universal healthcare, better medical equipment in hospitals, better equipment for the boys in blue and better equipment for fire fighters. Every time you pay taxes you are helping to build the community.

As for healthcare, it will be free. I will be seeing that it's free as possible. I want you to feel relaxed and to know that your life is in good hands, and that you'll be safe even when you get hurt and it isn't your fault.

And if I'm elected I want to try and start up a council of people to help decide how we spend our extra money. This means road repairs, better equipment for workplaces, who should get loans and what not. I want to maximize the community efforts to make the Island as community driven as possible.

And as always, I thank you for reading and want you to know that I always accept questions about my campaign. And please feel free to ask. And if you'd like there are spots on my campaign team, so if you'd like you may apply. Thank you for your time.

Hello Mr. Smith, concerned voter here again with more questions about your run for governor.

What is your stance on the war on crime / crime families? What is the level of priority you give towards finding and catching these criminals, and bringing them to justice? Their presence alone frightens citizens. What steps will be takn to keeping the streets safe?

Thanks and good luck!

On 10/12/2016 at 10:52 PM, xPadrinho-AC3 said:

He'll yes it does. Rumors were going around that the Pres wanted to take away all guns which is against the 2nd Amendment and every gun owner were ready to revolt. And you're idea isn't even gun control. You just want all guns banned. Real gun control us licensing, permits and background checks. That's real him control.

I dont know if this has been settled yet but I would just like to say there is a huge difference between taking guns away and not allowing them in the first place.

13 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

I dont know if this has been settled yet but I would just like to say there is a huge difference between taking guns away and not allowing them in the first place.

Are they saying I'm trying to take their guns away?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

Are they saying I'm trying to take their guns away?

Might I add to this discussion that the 2nd Amendment is part of American law and as such in no way a template, or interference, with our law. I fail to see how the example made by mr. Padrinho holds any credibility.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xilion said:

Might I add to this discussion that the 2nd Amendment is part of American law and as such in no way a template, or interference, with our law. I fail to see how the example made by mr. Padrinho holds any credibility.

You're very right. The American, Canadian, German, French and Russian policies aren't the same as what we can make them. That's the exciting part about it. We make the rules and how our world works. I'm excited to make them with all of you. Very good point.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2017 at 7:44 AM, Sporan said:

Hello Mr. Smith, concerned voter here again with more questions about your run for governor.

What is your stance on the war on crime / crime families? What is the level of priority you give towards finding and catching these criminals, and bringing them to justice? Their presence alone frightens citizens. What steps will be takn to keeping the streets safe?

Thanks and good luck!

I think that we should deal with them appropriately and when they need to be dealt with. As for the citizens, don't be worried until they do something drastic. We will deal will them though.

On 1/31/2017 at 2:12 PM, Triggered said:

Guns don't kill people? There is always a person pulling the trigger..

You proved my point exactly.

On 2/1/2017 at 3:43 PM, TonyLuprano said:

Looks amazing!

Thanks Tony!

4 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

What do you mean?

By giving free healthcare many will depend on the government

19 minutes ago, Qlight123 said:

By giving free healthcare many will depend on the government

I'm going to be reworking my plan. Well, more like add on to the pre existing plan. I want people to know that you will have the benefit of free healthcare but only if you work. It doesn't matter how you work. Laundry mat, business owner, janitor etc. You work for what you want, I strongly believe in a working society 

3 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

I'm going to be reworking my plan. Well, more like add on to the pre existing plan. I want people to know that you will have the benefit of free healthcare but only if you work. It doesn't matter how you work. Laundry mat, business owner, janitor etc. You work for what you want, I strongly believe in a working society 

Yeah that's what I'm talking about!

23 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Any other questions man?

Will there be small business investment schemes?

17 minutes ago, Qlight123 said:

Will there be small business investment schemes?

Only if they feel like sharing their stocks to the public. I don't want to force them to sell stakes in their company if they don't want to.

I understand you plan to regulate taxes, but I feel that if you're lowering the tax rate it's not going to make providing free health care cheaper. You may be right and I might not be seeing it but can you please explain to me how that would work? Thanks!

42 minutes ago, Eye236 said:

I understand you plan to regulate taxes, but I feel that if you're lowering the tax rate it's not going to make providing free health care cheaper. You may be right and I might not be seeing it but can you please explain to me how that would work? Thanks!

Rest assured, I'm having very good minds work on it with me. Basically it would be easier to do this as there wouldn't be a definitive lower class. I estimate an average total tax payment of over one million if not that just a couple thousand lower. We would be able to fully afford free healthcare for 300 people for a whole year. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 8:33 PM, GeneSmith said:

I have no problem with the subject. The only time I have a problem with it is when it's forced onto other people against their own will. But if a man wants to be with a man I don't mind. 

I'm not gay by the way and I won't marry. If you want to come down to the strip club and have a few drinks sometime just call me, governor.