GeneSmith

Santos RP

Hello, I've recently stumbled upon a Garry's Mod site called Santos RP. While yes- it's placed in Garrys Mod- it looks nothing like Garry's Mod. At least not DarkRP. Santos RP is probably the most well thought out Garry's Mod RP I've seen. You can do a lot of stuff in that. Just thought I'd share it because I know people really wanna play Identity. So here's a whacky substitute.

17 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

Hello, I've recently stumbled upon a Garry's Mod site called Santos RP. While yes- it's placed in Garrys Mod- it looks nothing like Garry's Mod. At least not DarkRP. Santos RP is probably the most well thought out Garry's Mod RP I've seen. You can do a lot of stuff in that. Just thought I'd share it because I know people really wanna play Identity. So here's a whacky substitute.

until some kids join and do whatever they do on any other darkrp server.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

until some kids join and do whatever they do on any other darkrp server.

It's strict rules. Pretty much white listed

10 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

It's strict rules. Pretty much white listed

will they be 24/7 online to avoid it even when they are offline for school etc. or while night where most shit is going on?

7 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

will they be 24/7 online to avoid it even when they are offline for school etc. or while night where most shit is going on?

24/7 all day round. It's mostly adults anyways. Haven't seen any children on there.

1 hour ago, GeneSmith said:

24/7 all day round. It's mostly adults anyways. Haven't seen any children on there.

nah, still nothing for me. there are always people that think rpg means gta. have fun :D

Edited by Shimozukachi

it is white-listed so kids can't just join. i was white-listed but half the police force couldn't do their job right( i called in murder and the place they were holding it and i get handcuffed :/ ) every one is broke struggling to make a dollar. They also hosted a community event which was pretty cool but didn't help the fact that most people from the server showed up and the prize was only 1000$ (cheapest gun/glock sells for 3200). Ru-sti is a douchebag who abuses his powers threatening to ban people when he breaks the rules half the time. Really unbalanced 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoniQ15 said:

it is white-listed so kids can't just join. i was white-listed but half the police force couldn't do their job right( i called in murder and the place they were holding it and i get handcuffed :/ ) every one is broke struggling to make a dollar. They also hosted a community event which was pretty cool but didn't help the fact that most people from the server showed up and the prize was only 1000$ (cheapest gun/glock sells for 3200). Ru-sti is a douchebag who abuses his powers threatening to ban people when he breaks the rules half the time. Really unbalanced 

Ya that kid ru sti is a jerk off, hes devil dogs gamers little bitch, and he threatens to ban everybody for stupidity. I would play Santos rp but I would probably get banned by some power hungry little shit admin and then be really pissed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

There aren't any other servers?

I think there's only two.

On 20/11/2016 at 3:19 AM, GeneSmith said:

Oh geeeeez

Santos RP game mode and content cost like $150 if you want it, Then you can maybe start a server and we can all join while we wait. Would be awesome playing it with you guys.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2016 at 0:34 PM, GeneSmith said:

OOk thanks

On 4/22/2017 at 5:50 PM, LuckyDuck said:

Santos RP game mode and content cost like $150 if you want it, Then you can maybe start a server and we can all join while we wait. Would be awesome playing it with you guys.

If you can find an alternative I can get a hosted server Wednesday 

5 minutes ago, LoliVape said:

If you can find an alternative I can get a hosted server Wednesday 

Well, PERP is a option, if you can find the content and fix up the gamemode etc. 

DarkRP don't appeal to me no more.

I just recently found a cool santosrp server called cosmic gaming they are a unwhitelisted but all the staff enforce serious role play just a idea to check out

20 hours ago, Spudbuster7 said:

SantosRP Is a nice ass server. Ru-sti is now gone. No more shitty admins. I'd recommend people try it out 

if they need that long to kick him it won't be worth it.

I got this email not too long ago

hello everyone,

As a lot of SantosRP members may know I had recently purchased the company that owns and operates SantosRP, called JAC Systems. I purchased the company with the intention of boosting development of SantosRP and bringing the community back to life, and that's exactly what we did. We took the servers offline, restaffed the community, re-optimized the game mode, and had an amazing relaunch bring the community back to life! Updates were getting pushed and new ones were scheduled for release. The community was alive again, two full servers of players enjoying RP. SantosRP WAS BACK and moving in the right direction. That was until Santos caught the eyes of Take-Two Interactive, AKA. Rockstar Games....

On November 22nd, 2016 JAC Systems applied for the Trademark SantosRP
On March 1st, 2017 the Trademark was approved for publication, shortly after on April 11th, 2017 and oppositionwas filed by Take-Two Interactive.
On May 18th, 2017 I bought JAC Systems and started right away on reviving the SantosRPCommunity. 
On August 9th, 2017 I received an email
form Take-Two Interactive threatening to take legal actions against JAC Systems if I continue to operate under the name SantosRP and that is where everything was brought to a screeching halt...

I was faced with a very hard decision to fight back or to give into the large corporation and shut down SantosRP for good... After weeks of emails, phone calls, and lawyers we have both myself and Take-Two Interactive have come to an agreement. SantosRP will be changing its name and operating under a new name that is undetermined at this time. 

This GoFundMe is here as an ask for help, help from the community that I have given a lot to try and save, reignite, and bring back to life. I need help to pay the all the legal fees and royalties due to previous revenue. I am no longer able to let the financial burden of JAC Systems effect my wife and two children. I can no longer invest more of my personal money into JAC Systems, and with that said I am faced with the hard choice of asking the community for help and putting SantosRPback on track under a new name or giving into Take-Two Interactive and shut the doors.... Please help keep SantosRP ALIVE, any amount will help.

Here is a link to the GoFundMe Campaign, please spread it as far as we can! LETS SAVE SANTOS! If we all chip in a little it makes a lot!

https://www.gofundme.com/save-santosrp

Sincerely,

Shawn, (Owner JAC Systems LLC.)

____

For 15k its not worth saving lol

Edited by Raja

Didn’t think I would find someone else that played SantosRP here! It’s probably the best executed Garry’s Mod RP Gamemode.