JonathanTaylor

Fighting Fires

Okay so since i left the life of crime ive been thinking of other jobs to do once the game releases. Ive played a lot as police and ems on arma 2 island life servers and rarely played as a civ. Now i am very fond of the fire service and of course my fire service differs from the Americans but i would just like to see who else wants to become a firefighter when the game releases as i am seriously thinking of doing it. It was a lot of fun on IL but at the same time, modding the arma game engine meant that the game lacked features for everything. Identity being a game made from scratch means that they can implement anything so im hoping to see a lot more features like laying out the hose and going into burning buildings with an axe and that sort of stuff.

Anyway, blabbering aside how many of you want to also follow this career?? Comment below and possibly add in any ideas youd like to see for the fire service.

8 hours ago, Herzog said:

Okay so since i left the life of crime ive been thinking of other jobs to do once the game releases. Ive played a lot as police and ems on arma 2 island life servers and rarely played as a civ. Now i am very fond of the fire service and of course my fire service differs from the Americans but i would just like to see who else wants to become a firefighter when the game releases as i am seriously thinking of doing it. It was a lot of fun on IL but at the same time, modding the arma game engine meant that the game lacked features for everything. Identity being a game made from scratch means that they can implement anything so im hoping to see a lot more features like laying out the hose and going into burning buildings with an axe and that sort of stuff.

Anyway, blabbering aside how many of you want to also follow this career?? Comment below and possibly add in any ideas youd like to see for the fire service.

Being an fire-fighter sounds like a great role depending on how much development goes into this certain role. If it's immersive enough, I'd love to do this role maybe instead of an Police Officer role. I mean who doesn't like fire, and sirens? Lol.

Edited by Shypindive
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shypindive said:

Being an fire-fighter sounds like a great role depending on how much development goes into this certain role. If it's immersive enough, I'd love to do this role maybe instead of an Police Officer role. I mean who doesn't like fire, and sirens? Lol.

Yeh tbh i think any job that will be included will be great but as you said it depends on how much detail they input to the jobs. I guess well just have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

I would love to play as a fire-fighter.

Have you played on ILL/ILG @Herzog?

Have been playing as ESU there for a quiet a wile. Love the job, and if the devolopers of Identity put some effort and time into a job like ESU that would be awesome. Pharamedic/Fire-fighter. Both jobs are fun and has alot of roleplaying in them. And as a fire-fighter/pharamedic/cop you need to know the map, and thats great for playing as a CIV later if you start out with thoose jobs. Then you will know the map good, and will do a great job transporting illegal stuff even get aways from the cops. 

So thats a great way to start out and if they want to go extreme roleplay they make so we are not full-time firefighters. Only on calls we go out as a fire-fighter. Maybe drive from our Apartment to the fire-station and get the team thougther and go out on calls. Of course it will be hard to have something like this but nothing is impossible right? Not in a game atleast.

Edited by LittleVic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LittleVic said:

I would love to play as a fire-fighter.

Have you played on ILL/ILG @Herzog?

Have been playing as ESU there for a quiet a wile. Love the job, and if the devolopers of Identity put some effort and time into a job like ESU that would be awesome. Pharamedic/Fire-fighter. Both jobs are fun and has alot of roleplaying in them. And as a fire-fighter/pharamedic/cop you need to know the map, and thats great for playing as a CIV later if you start out with thoose jobs. Then you will know the map good, and will do a great job transporting illegal stuff even get aways from the cops. 

So thats a great way to start out and if they want to go extreme roleplay they make so we are not full-time firefighters. Only on calls we go out as a fire-fighter. Maybe drive from our Apartment to the fire-station and get the team thougther and go out on calls. Of course it will be hard to have something like this but nothing is impossible right? Not in a game atleast.

Used to be an admin for the TCG IL servers. Played a lot as cop and esu and ruled quite a few gangs in my time on there. Just hoping that the features for the public services doesn't end up with you driving around for half an hour before spending a couple of seconds to push a button and put out a small fire. Should take longer to put out fires and possibly have interior fires where the firefighters must go inside to extinguish the fire and rescue casualties

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Used to be an admin for the TCG IL servers. Played a lot as cop and esu and ruled quite a few gangs in my time on there. Just hoping that the features for the public services doesn't end up with you driving around for half an hour before spending a couple of seconds to push a button and put out a small fire. Should take longer to put out fires and possibly have interior fires where the firefighters must go inside to extinguish the fire and rescue casualties

Excacly, all you did was to scroll and it stood "Put out fire" or something like that then you got payed like 10,000$ for each fire you did put out.

Some realistic stuff etc, and what you wrote should be added. If there will be fire-fighters!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleVic said:

Excacly, all you did was to scroll and it stood "Put out fire" or something like that then you got payed like 10,000$ for each fire you did put out.

Some realistic stuff etc, and what you wrote should be added. If there will be fire-fighters!

Also as much as it might make it harder if esu players are lacking on servers but I'd like to maybe have it that you need multiple firefighters to put out a fire and it take time not one person putting out a fire in seconds 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herzog said:

Also as much as it might make it harder if esu players are lacking on servers but I'd like to maybe have it that you need multiple firefighters to put out a fire and it take time not one person putting out a fire in seconds 

Yeah, this would bring alot roleplaying to the job. And it would be possible to make aswell, they just need to have something that brings people to the job. Something fun to do on it, like you said not drive around for half an hour. 

Maybe have ESU as a part time job, and wile nothing happends there you maybe do drugs or something like that, and ESU can be a "jobcover" so you don't see suspicious out wile it's raining in money, the job could actually be a real fun job. But there needs to be effort and time put into it, and as you said take sometime to put a fire out and  you can't be alone wile putting it out. 

Look how awesome wouldn't it be? Like, i've played both CIV/COP/ESU alot. And i mean alot, and there was always changes on ILG/ILL on the CIV/COP jobs but only a few times on the ESU. And as a part time job irl i actually are fire-fighter. It pays well, and that does my other job also do. 

Something awesome would be that if we could choose if we can take the fire-fighter job as a full-time job or a part-time job

This also brings somemore roleplay to the game.

Well i can see this infront of me haha, you and me Herzog driving around in Identity putting fires out ;)

Edited by LittleVic
Something awesome would be that if we could choose if we can take the fire-fighter job as a full-time job or a part-time job This also brings somemore roleplay to the game.
  • Like 1

I would definitely hop on this train. I have real life fire experience but no telling as  to whether it would useful or not. I guess it would just depend on how in depth they allow this position to go. I was heading for a position with the police department but if they allow the fire department to have a fair amount of rp I would love to do the job. I don't know about constantly getting called out though, the ambo at my station is never there because they're always on calls. I couldn't fathom always having to bust my a$& all dagum day. I don't think we will have much to worry about as far as not receiving be  fair amount of calls. There will be enough cars fires for us to puke probably lol. I just want to know if I were to be in fire would there be shifts? Maybe just keep it simple, A and B shift only. 24 hours on 24 hours off. I'm excited for the game I just hope it's as detailed as I imagine but I also don't know what it takes to make a computer game :)

• Like 1

On 10/8/2016 at 5:11 AM, Gator639 said:

I would definitely hop on this train. I have real life fire experience but no telling as  to whether it would useful or not. I guess it would just depend on how in depth they allow this position to go. I was heading for a position with the police department but if they allow the fire department to have a fair amount of rp I would love to do the job. I don't know about constantly getting called out though, the ambo at my station is never there because they're always on calls. I couldn't fathom always having to bust my a$& all dagum day. I don't think we will have much to worry about as far as not receiving be  fair amount of calls. There will be enough cars fires for us to puke probably lol. I just want to know if I were to be in fire would there be shifts? Maybe just keep it simple, A and B shift only. 24 hours on 24 hours off. I'm excited for the game I just hope it's as detailed as I imagine but I also don't know what it takes to make a computer game :)

Ya i think if they really got into working the whole thing out they could add in shifts and switch people off because im sure plenty of people will beg to sign up for departments and there will be plenty of man power so running your ass off prob wont be a prob. unless they have the stations run both fire and ems calls which I think would be more interesting but would require more management. And if they get A TON of sign ups to the point of having to turn people away go into doing an A, B, C shift with 24 on 48 off, you could even work another part time job?  THAT would be cool.