Sign in to follow this  
Jinx

Petitioning for an answer, please sign.

First of all let me start by saying that this is, in no way, an attempt to start any kind of flame war, or to attack Asylum. I represent a genuine group of concerned investors who, for whatever reason, decided to back this enterprise.

Over the last few months people have been posting about Motown/Paratus being scammers, about how we should 'do our research' etc etc. Well we did our research BEFORE we invested and I want to make it clear that these posters have quite clearly NOT done any research of their own. All the controversy surrounding Arma3 mods did NOT involve Altis Life, Motown or Paratus. So those are not our concerns.

We invested in Identity simply because we shared their vision, but now we would like an answer. Before I ask the obvious question, I want to make something else clear, we do NOT want an answer from a 'fan' or a moderator, we want to hear from the Devs. The question is this:

Is Identity still in development, and if so, what is it's status as of today?

If, like us, you are a concerned investor in this project, then please sign this petition for a reply & maybe we can see an end to the constant posting of this same dam question over and over again.

• Like 7

Im here to back the game from start to end and im not one of those people that are incredibly worries about the outcome. Whether the game comes out or not im glad i could have helped. I would however like to know whether the game is still in development or not and what its current status is. Thanks Asylum.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Motown said:

Hey guys, thanks for your concerns. Identity is absolutely still in active development, but we understand these concerns have a tendency to grow within the community each time we have become quieter than usual. We're a small team with limited resources so we spend a lot of that time focusing on development tasks. Development is our first love, and none of us are really experts at marketing or Public Relations. We definitely owe our fans a lot more attention than we've given, and admittedly, our PR game has been pretty poor.

Until we get that sorted, you can actively find Paratus and I on the unofficial, fan Discord server. Message us anytime for any reason! I'm always around and available for a chat about anything you'd like to talk about. Paratus doesn't seem to check his messages quite as often, and the others don't seem to be very chatty on social networks, but we've extended invites to them for when they did decide to eventually join us.

It's important to know that most game projects spend a few year in development before they are announced to the world. That gives them the added benefit of working without pressure from their communities. But Identity was announced when development started, so we've always struggled with knowing when to prioritize marketing over development, especially myself being both the Community Manager and a 3D artist on the project. It's been a challenge for me to switch between modes, and I regret that I haven't been very effective at it.

As a quick progress update. Last week, on the art side, we finished up all of the remaining face sculpts, complete with textures and shaders, that you have seen us posting periodically on Twitter, and those, along with about 50 pieces of clothing (we still need so much more) are currently undergoing rigging. And on the programming side, we completed the karaoke feature, which we will test on Monday. I myself am working on 3d modeling a one bedroom apartment, as well as a hotel bedroom. These things will all be featured in the Town Square module as well as the completed game!

Thank you again for all of your support, and I hope this provides a sliver of the information you guys have been craving to hear about!

??

21 minutes ago, Motown said:

Hey guys, thanks for your concerns. Identity is absolutely still in active development, but we understand these concerns have a tendency to grow within the community each time we have become quieter than usual. We're a small team with limited resources so we spend a lot of that time focusing on development tasks. Development is our first love, and none of us are really experts at marketing or Public Relations. We definitely owe our fans a lot more attention than we've given, and admittedly, our PR game has been pretty poor.

Until we get that sorted, you can actively find Paratus and I on the unofficial, fan Discord server. Message us anytime for any reason! I'm always around and available for a chat about anything you'd like to talk about. Paratus doesn't seem to check his messages quite as often, and the others don't seem to be very chatty on social networks, but we've extended invites to them for when they do decide to eventually join us.

It's important to know that most game projects spend a few year in development before they are announced to the world. That gives them the added benefit of working without pressure from their communities. But Identity was announced when development started, so we've always struggled with knowing when to prioritize marketing over development being a small team, especially myself being both the Community Manager and a 3D artist on the project. It's been a challenge for me to switch between modes, and I regret that I haven't been very effective at it.

As a quick progress update. Last week, on the art side, we finished up all of the remaining face sculpts, complete with textures and shaders, that you have seen us posting periodically on Twitter, and those, along with about 50 pieces of clothing (we still need so much more) are currently undergoing rigging. And on the programming side, we completed the karaoke feature, which we will test on Monday. I myself am working on 3d modeling a one bedroom apartment, as well as a hotel bedroom. These things will all be featured in the Town Square module as well as the completed game!

Thank you again for all of your support, and I hope this provides a sliver of the information you guys have been craving to hear about!

Sounds great! I know dates are hard to give, so dont worry but in general, do you guys still have ALOT to do for the town square? Also, how is the gameplay video coming along?

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Motown said:

Until we get that sorted, you can actively find Paratus and I on the unofficial, fan Discord server. Message us anytime for any reason! I'm always around and available for a chat about anything you'd like to talk about. Paratus doesn't seem to check his messages quite as often, and the others don't seem to be very chatty on social networks, but we've extended invites to them for when they do decide to eventually join us.

It's important to know that most game projects spend a few years in development before they are announced to the world. That gives them the added benefit of working without pressure from their communities. But Identity was announced when development started, so we've always struggled with knowing when to prioritize marketing over development being a small team, especially myself being both the Community Manager and a 3D artist on the project. It's been a challenge for me to switch between modes, and I regret that I haven't been very effective at it.

Thanks Motown, much love man, we'll see you in Identity :)

13 minutes ago, Frank said:

Sounds great! I know dates are hard to give, so dont worry but in general, do you guys still have ALOT to do for the town square? Also, how is the gameplay video coming along?

I think the major holdup with Town Square right now is that some of the buildings still need interiors. We've been slower at producing those assets than we originally expected. No real reason for it other than our artists being spread thin among other things.

The last I heard, what remains of the video of the apartment customization was in Paratus' hands (he's a programmer as well as our project lead). I'm not exactly sure what that is because when I saw it a few weeks ago, it was perfect. From my observation, he's all over the place because all of us need his attention all the time, so he's been a bit preoccupied lately while we've also been begging him to finish up what the community has been waiting for the most.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Motown said:

I think the major holdup with Town Square right now is that some of the buildings still need interiors. We've been slower at producing those assets than we originally expected. No real reason for it other than our artists being spread thin among other things.

The last I heard, what remains of the video of the apartment customization was in Paratus' hands (he's a programmer as well as our project lead). I'm not exactly sure what that is because when I saw it a few weeks ago, it was perfect. From my observation, he's all over the place because all of us need his attention all the time, so he's been a bit preoccupied lately while we've also been begging him to finish up what the community has been waiting for the most.

The quicker y'all get that video out, the quicker more people will flood the forums. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Motown said:

Ahh I see. Thanks for keeping us updated Motown :)

15 hours ago, Motown said:

It's important to know that most game projects spend a few years in development before they are announced to the world. That gives them the added benefit of working without pressure from their communities. But Identity was announced when development started

I think those two sentences are the exact reasons why we should be so patient.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

17 hours ago, Motown said:

Can we expect successively following modules and on that a beta release or do we have to be more patient for that? And with that I mean will there be a big period of time between the 3 modules to get released?

@Motown Oh btw, I know this is off topic but I dont have twitter lol. Is there going to be a decent variety of pistols like 5 or 6? I think there should be considering there wont be many automatic weapons.

Edited by Frank

On 26/09/2016 at 5:32 PM, Kickapoo said:

I think those two sentences are the exact reasons why we should be so patient.

Hey man!

Holy S**!!! You're still around!! You must remember me from the old forum days? Remember Kreetas with his Freecoin idea? damn man those where the days and katie just made it as a Mod, Nice to see an O.G is still around.

• Like 2

Silence is golden, and now we've finally put this bugbear to bed, maybe we can get on with things. Thanks for all the replies, especially Motown.

13 hours ago, HarveySpecter said:

Hey man!

Holy S**!!! You're still around!! You must remember me from the old forum days? Remember Kreetas with his Freecoin idea? damn man those where the days and katie just made it as a Mod, Nice to see an O.G is still around.

Yup, still going strong when everyone else gave in! Can't say I remember you from the good old forums but even so, it's good to reminisce back to when things were the best.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 2:45 AM, Motown said:

It's important to know that most game projects spend a few years in development before they are announced to the world. That gives them the added benefit of working without pressure from their communities. But Identity was announced when development started, so we've always struggled with knowing when to prioritize marketing over development being a small team, especially myself being both the Community Manager and a 3D artist on the project. It's been a challenge for me to switch between modes, and I regret that I haven't been very effective at it.

Not to be rude or anything but I am just curious. I qouted you that Identity was announced when development started. Why in Identity Trailer 0:15-0:20 one of the developers said that he will show us on what you have been working for the last few months in absolute secrecy?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CareKajze said:

Not to be rude or anything but I am just curious. I qouted you that Identity was announced when development started. Why in Identity Trailer 0:15-0:20 one of the developers said that he will show us on what you have been working for the last few months in absolute secrecy?

He means Identity in general. The concept of the project while going in depth about what the game will be about and how it will be played. 

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

This petition is still very alive.

An update on the games status, is it still i development or did you go bellyup?