Shypindive

Jurisdictions

I'm interested in how Jurisdictions will work seeing that there are three different major cities supposed to be in the game, plus if you know like maybe there may be FBI officials for matters that include multiple cities or something.

Ya plus I wonder if there is going to be a sheriff's office that is based in a small town and covers most of the rural territory between the cities.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

I would imagine there would be several stations dotted around the map. Such as one in both the town and the city. Possibly one seat station or swat may be integrated with the city police and then sheriff offices in the rural areas as Frank said. Also not sure if it's been confirmed to be added but also ranger stations in the forests. It'll most likely be as it is in real life as that is what the want the game to be like so well most likely see different stations having different jurastiction over certain areas and depending on how good your RP is as a cop you may have to pass on info to other forces if they enter their jurastiction but I doubt anyone will follow that xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herzog said:

I would imagine there would be several stations dotted around the map. Such as one in both the town and the city. Possibly one seat station or swat may be integrated with the city police and then sheriff offices in the rural areas as Frank said. Also not sure if it's been confirmed to be added but also ranger stations in the forests. It'll most likely be as it is in real life as that is what the want the game to be like so well most likely see different stations having different jurastiction over certain areas and depending on how good your RP is as a cop you may have to pass on info to other forces if they enter their jurastiction but I doubt anyone will follow that xD

Ya, i would imagine cops from one jurstiction would often slightly dip into other juristictions. However, once a chase gets really far, perhaps into the next city, then it would probably be transferred. I would imagine the Roseport police station would be huge and probably contain large amounts of holding cells, offices(including those for detectives and special investigators), a training area, a huge garage,  and it would also likely function as the headquarters for the SWAT.   

• Like 2

I would like to think, and hope, that there is a Federal level of policing added to the game. The Federal level would have jurisdiction over all three major cities, and really, the entire map for cases pertaining to a federal crime. ofc, these 'Federal Crimes' would need to be made by the political career. 
This poses the question, Would there be a Directorship for a Federal Policing unit, such as the FBI? and if so, who elected/appoints them?

I believe that when it comes to Jurisdiction, City Police Departments would control the Cities, and Rural Departments, the Rural areas and, if added, Rangers would control the forests and the like. 
All departments would need to share information between each other, either at a state or federal level.

I guess the next question you could ask is, If we are having a Government, would there then need to be a Secret Service like Agency added to the game?