CurtisLee19941

I want to get into the beta (Buy a pass) But im put off.

17 hours ago, Chase said:

Im talking about people like the op that have all the info a prehistoric supporter like you do but still need more info before putting down. People are bickering here as if he already put in when its his choice. I forgot how he worded his post and dont feel like scrolling up but his title says he just wants more info before backing. I dont know how this turned into another "dont rush the Devs" when its just a matter of how the amount of updates already out affects him

I get where you are with this but its just my opinion and well I am a nice guy who loves to help out. I may word some stuff horribly but not intentionally. Also I don't mind people re-posting stuff if they have searched for it, used both my FAQ Extended and the devs FAQ and read/ searched around for all the information and if they have a specific question which has not been found by them then ask it in the "Q & A" section.

I'd just like to remind everyone that this forum is made to support the game! Not try to bring it down or anything like that. If you think you're an investor, you are, but trust me, other than a great game, you're not getting any money or anything back. So please stop hating and be happy :)

I do think even a monthly dev log would be nice though, even if all they did was some minor things, show it there.  Post all the pictures there again.  If all that got done that month is you fixed a few bugs, literally put the words "Fixed a few bugs"  The originally said two years was going to be plenty of time, we're getting pretty close to that two year mark now.

Also maybe include a list of what's planned to do, even if you don't actually get it done, then we can at least know there is a plan in place each month. 

If more funds would help get the game done sooner or more efficiently, show it, I'm sure a lot of us don't mind throwing another few bucks in there.

Edited by TakeiT

2 hours ago, TakeiT said:

I do think even a monthly dev log would be nice though, even if all they did was some minor things, show it there.  Post all the pictures there again.  If all that got done that month is you fixed a few bugs, literally put the words "Fixed a few bugs"  The originally said two years was going to be plenty of time, we're getting pretty close to that two year mark now.

Also maybe include a list of what's planned to do, even if you don't actually get it done, then we can at least know there is a plan in place each month. 

If more funds would help get the game done sooner or more efficiently, show it, I'm sure a lot of us don't mind throwing another few bucks in there.

Would be great if they had this but as we know they are a small team and most of them are working 2 jobs and so may be tied into the other job more and don't have the time.

On 9/21/2016 at 4:26 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

I get where you are with this but its just my opinion and well I am a nice guy who loves to help out.

Problem is James, you're not helping. Posting your F.A.Q every time someone ends a sentence with a question mark......not helpful. Leaping to Asylums defence each and every time someone dares to be critical, telling people to leave and go away....not helpful.

Like the OP, many people who have already invested have got genuine concerns about the lack of information coming from Asylum concerning this game. Point of fact: The graph for the Town Hall module has been at 66% for months.....DESPITE the fact that, as we now know, they decided to re-build it from the ground up. Not one word was posted about that set-back, no information was forthcoming, not one word. That, my friend, is very poor communication. Another point, you need to stop ramming this ''they have two jobs'' excuse down our throats. We understand they have a small team, we understand they are an Indie company, but so small that nobody can bother with a monthly update? That excuse has, by now, worn too thin I'm afraid.

I want, desperately, to support this production, I really do. But during all these weeks of uproar on these forums they've not even had the good grace to offer up much of anything at all, and this has turned out to be a very one sided love affair. Personally I started with the $30 option, as did my wife, but we have friends who invested well over $100 in Identity. We had plans, as a group, to open a server here & I was the one designated to keep watch on progress, but nobody even asks about it anymore, they've all pretty much written off their investments. Point is, if they have, then so have other people, and if that's so, then the ONE reason for that is Asylums dreadful public relations.

People want to hear from ASYLUM James, not you, not moderators, the Devs. They want updates, the amount of posts on the subject proves that. A monthly update is not too much to ask, no matter how small the team is.

• Like 5

It's not a good thing to say that they have multiple jobs that are getting in the way. This actually decreases my desire to throw them some money. Sure, they are a small team and gotta live, but they already did a Kickstarter. There isn't much they could say in defence of backburnering a project they have effectively been given full funding for already (a successful Kickstarter = the money they thought they needed to complete this work). If they miscalculated that's another bad sign.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jinx said:

Like the OP, many people who have already invested have got genuine concerns about the lack of information coming from Asylum concerning this game. Point of fact: The graph for the Town Hall module has been at 66% for months.....DESPITE the fact that, as we now know, they decided to re-build it from the ground up. Not one word was posted about that set-back, no information was forthcoming, not one word. That, my friend, is very poor communication. Another point, you need to stop ramming this ''they have two jobs'' excuse down our throats. We understand they have a small team, we understand they are an Indie company, but so small that nobody can bother with a monthly update? That excuse has, by now, worn too thin I'm afraid.

I want, desperately, to support this production, I really do. But during all these weeks of uproar on these forums they've not even had the good grace to offer up much of anything at all, and this has turned out to be a very one sided love affair. Personally I started with the $30 option, as did my wife, but we have friends who invested well over $100 in Identity. We had plans, as a group, to open a server here & I was the one designated to keep watch on progress, but nobody even asks about it anymore, they've all pretty much written off their investments. Point is, if they have, then so have other people, and if that's so, then the ONE reason for that is Asylums dreadful public relations.

People want to hear from ASYLUM James, not you, not moderators, the Devs. They want updates, the amount of posts on the subject proves that. A monthly update is not too much to ask, no matter how small the team is.

Motown has 2 jobs, he may be terrible keeping up with one which I agree on and the other is working on "Identity", But yes its annoying and I asked him within the last 20 hours from now about the dev blog, I got no reply and he told me he was working on it weeks ago when i asked, which I understand he could be working on the 3D modelling of identity but I asked specifically because it should not take 2 weeks to finish it and yes I am slowly moving towards the concerned side (I am patient and do want more info). 

I share a lot of the concerns and well I did ask if they could allow a moderator to help with doing a weekly update of what was done, fixed, added and whats next but I had no reply.

Problem is James, you're not helping. Posting your F.A.Q every time someone ends a sentence with a question mark......not helpful. Leaping to Asylums defence each and every time someone dares to be critical, telling people to leave and go away....not helpful.

I did not tell people to leave if they ask a question which has been asked. I simply asked them to search first e.g. my FAQ is to allow me to add questions I see and also if someone wants to get me to add a question, if the answer is there then they can PM me or comment in that post. I don't add the link to my post, I actually have it in MY signature which is at the bottom of all my posts. 

But I did not tell people to leave unless they flamed more about something. If people want more input from the devs the best place is ask on the twitter because they rarely answer on the forums as well as the forum is for "ANYONE" to answer questions, give opinions and discuss.

14 hours ago, CosmicTony said:

It's not a good thing to say that they have multiple jobs that are getting in the way. This actually decreases my desire to throw them some money. Sure, they are a small team and gotta live, but they already did a Kickstarter. There isn't much they could say in defence of backburnering a project they have effectively been given full funding for already (a successful Kickstarter = the money they thought they needed to complete this work). If they miscalculated that's another bad sign.

The vast majority of developers do not ask for the full bankroll of a project when they go through Kickstarter.  It's usually to kick start their project and get if off the ground!

• Like 1

As I asked earlier on a tweet and on steam to Motown and this was his reply (not enough room in twitter though). 

18:34 - Motown: Yeah, I know, but I was in his position once too at his age and was willing to do anything for free. After a while, you realize you're doing someone eleses job and not getting paid, and you become bitter about it. In fact, my free labor cost people their jobs because I and others with me were doing all the work, and the paid employees couldn't keep up.
18:35 - Motown: I feel really strongly about not doing that to others.
18:37 - Motown: I was a Volunteer GM for FunCom's Age of Conan. I was in charge of 7 servers and 300 other volunteers, and we were all given quota's. At first, it was a sense of pride for all of us, until the paid GM's started losing their jobs because of us.
18:38 - Motown: Our quota's consisted of answering up to 100 support tickets/petitions a day. Some of those petitions took up to 2 hours to complete even.

6 hours ago, DeathWaits said:

The vast majority of developers do not ask for the full bankroll of a project when they go through Kickstarter.  It's usually to kick start their project and get if off the ground!

From the Kickstarter:

"Should we meet our goal here on Kickstarter, we'll have everything we need to ensure that Identity gets completed."

"Identity is going to cost a lot more than $150,000 to produce; our Kickstarter campaign is a proof-of-concept to several investors and with its success we'll have the funding we need."

As stated they were going for a proof of market for the funding drive. Many Campaigns do this (not really the vast majority but a good amount), but there is always a clear expectation that should the funding goals be met, its full steam ahead. As I stated way up in this thread, I am good-to-go on throwing them some money if the gameplay is good (show me ANYTHING), internal issues are their own business as long as things are getting done. You also don't tell people those issues. They could also take 5 years for all I cared, as long as they kept showing some work regularly. But if the excuse is, "oh, got more important things to do for the moment," the signal is just bad. Especially on top of not having seen anything but some more concept work for months.

Also on a side note. I came here due to TwitchRP community, we are doing No Pixel at the moment (sorta), a Arma Life mod. The mention from a big streamer got me my partner looking into it.... that mention was not actually positive though, due mostly to nothing happening with Identity for so long. And then on no less than 6 other occasions different streamers have dropped a mention, said it "looked" like it'll be great but it's "probably not happening, too bad". These are the people that you want to be excited and name dropping (without reservation) while they play the thing that Identity is trying to be better than. At least tell them its all going fine, so they haven't forgotten about it. 

• Like 2

Seems like we don't see anything new in this year. Release at early 2017, seems like it's just first module beta. And I'm not sure about it also, because Town Square is big module, and how much we have seen?! Nothing. 

On 23-9-2016 at 4:10 AM, Jinx said:

Yes perfect. Your 100% spot on. All this "help" from people/ fans / backers / investors what you ever want to call yourself, is not doing much for me either. These guys who are making the game should give us a update every week or month, yes they are a small team. But they must find a schedule to make some time to update us. 

Answering a rondom question on twitter or facebook is also helpful but not for the large scale of people who are hoping for some information. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Profender said:

Yes perfect. Your 100% spot on. All this "help" from people/ fans / backers / investors what you ever want to call yourself, is not doing much for me either. These guys who are making the game should give us a update every week or month, yes they are a small team. But they must find a schedule to make some time to update us. 

Answering a rondom question on twitter or facebook is also helpful but not for the large scale of people who are hoping for some information. 

If someone answers your questions on this forum saying its been confirmed, well then its already been stated by the devs and I am wondering a bit more where things are but instead of asking on the forum for answers if you want them from the devs then twitter is a better place for it. Anyways, you're right they need to work on there publicity/ Public relations because a lot of the fans are waiting patiently but getting tired of waiting for stuff because they were told soon and never got anything delivered info. That video is apparently near enough finished and Paratus has not done his part for weeks.

On 9/8/2016 at 6:54 PM, LionKingGamer said:

No i dont think thats enough but right now your an investor not customer so you really dont know  what your gonna get in the end product

Then why did you say "in the end I'll know I'll get what I paid for" if you never know what the end product is?

13 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

If someone answers your questions on this forum saying its been confirmed, well then its already been stated by the devs and I am wondering a bit more where things are but instead of asking on the forum for answers if you want them from the devs then twitter is a better place for it. Anyways, you're right they need to work on there publicity/ Public relations because a lot of the fans are waiting patiently but getting tired of waiting for stuff because they were told soon and never got anything delivered info. That video is apparently near enough finished and Paratus has not done his part for weeks.

I ask questions on twitter and I get answers, but that is not the point. Instead of me or you running around telling people what we heard, should be available for everybody.  

3 hours ago, Profender said:

I ask questions on twitter and I get answers, but that is not the point. Instead of me or you running around telling people what we heard, should be available for everybody.  

It is available for everyone, they just have to go on twitter or some place. If someone asks on the forum they should expect me or you to reply because thats how a community forum works.

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

It is available for everyone, they just have to go on twitter or some place. If someone asks on the forum they should expect me or you to reply because thats how a community forum works.

still thats not the point of course you answer questions and that is good and all. But ,and this is the point, you ask questions good valid questions and those topics should not only be answered to you, but posted here for everybody to read. If people then ask these sort of questions there is a topic for them to find the information. Meaning the line of information is not only if you ask them on twitter or facebook but added to the FAQ or posted on the news / update topic from the developers. It's all been said before we like updates from the developers. Even they are a small team once a month should an option for them. 

Y'all should forget about this game. It was a cash grab from the beginning. They haven't done a thing in 1 and a half years and the town square development has been stuck at 64% for 5 months. Get your refunds while you still can and don't give these scammers anymore money. They have a bad reputation too just do your research.

19 minutes ago, Bepeka said:

Y'all should forget about this game. It was a cash grab from the beginning. They haven't done a thing in 1 and a half years and the town square development has been stuck at 64% for 5 months. Get your refunds while you still can and don't give these scammers anymore money. They have a bad reputation too just do your research.

Just because you haven't seen some progress doesn't mean they "haven't done anything." Have you looked at the pinned topics in this section of the forums? 

New Screenshots.

Town Square Screenshots.

Also, they answer tons of questions on their Twitter as well as tons of pictures on their Facebook.

Please look at the sources and keep an eye on news before accusing them of doing nothing.

1 hour ago, HairyGrenade said:

Just because you haven't seen some progress doesn't mean they "haven't done anything." Have you looked at the pinned topics in this section of the forums? 

Oh it's not me but everyone who follows the "project" that hasn't seen any progress. It's been stuck at 64% for 5 months.

This is nothing but some pictures of environment. The thing about map designing is that creating the map is actually quite easy and doesn't really require a lot of work, which makes it fast. So creating the town square like they did doesn't take long at all. What takes long are the collisions, the physics among other things. Guess what? We have no way of verifying that those were done aswell because all we have is pictures. 

Let's see what else we have... Oh. Models, great! Too bad those are easy to do aswell. Oh i almost forgot, we also have this:12671923_525745294254199_876124653538152

Looks quite amazing, doesn't it? But again, just like times square, all we have is objects and models put here and there, nothing relevant.

Where is the model in effect? I don't want to see pictures of concept or designing. I want to see PROOF that they are actually making a game and not a concept. If the game was at its beginning like say 2 or 3 months in that would be ok. But when you say you have a  team of around 10 people working on the game and all you can do in 1 and a half years is THIS???! Come on dude you have to stop being in denial.

Also, they answer tons of questions on their Twitter 

Probably promises that they aren't gonna keep or just details that they know about because they made a brainstorming about their game and they kept the details in a documentation or something. Again, it really isn't any proof that they are actually working on the game and they could just check the twitter from time to time and answer some bullshit to make it seem like they're doing something.

Which leaves us with 2 possibilities on the future of this "game": 1. They're going really slow and the game is going to release in maybe 10 years or more. 2. It's all a bullshit, a cash grab, a scam, whatever you want to call it but it's not a game that's for sure.

I don't know if you are paid or anything to pull out this bullshit on the forums or just a delusional fan but there's a moment when you have to stop believing and that moment is long gone by now. 

I really want to see further than that but i just can't. I had high hopes for this game when i donated in march 2015 but now i realise that it was only a dream and nothing more. I'll add to that that the devs have a shady past of cheating, scamming and so on. Just do your research and realise for yourself.

Edited by Bepeka
typos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bepeka said:

Oh it's not me but everyone who follows the "project" that hasn't seen any progress. It's been stuck at 64% for 5 months.

This is nothing but some pictures of environment. The thing about map designing is that creating the map is actually quite easy and doesn't really require a lot of work, which makes it fast. So creating the town square like they did doesn't take long at all. What takes long are the collisions, the physics among other things. Guess what? We have no way of verifying that those were done aswell because all we have is pictures. 

Let's see what else we have... Oh. Models, great! Too bad those are easy to do aswell. Oh i almost forgot, we also have this:12671923_525745294254199_876124653538152

Looks quite amazing, doesn't it? But again, just like times square, all we have is objects and models put here and there, nothing relevant.

Where is the model in effect? I don't want to see pictures of concept or designing. I want to see PROOF that they are actually making a game and not a concept. If the game was at its beginning like say 2 or 3 months in that would be ok. But when you say you have a  team of around 10 people working on the game and all you can do in 1 and a half years is THIS???! Come on dude you have to stop being in denial.

Probably promises that they aren't gonna keep or just details that they know about because they made a brainstorming about their game and they kept the details in a documentation or something. Again, it really isn't any proof that they are actually working on the game and they could just check the twitter from time to time and answer some bullshit to make it seem like they're doing something.

Which leaves us with 2 possibilities on the future of this "game": 1. They're going really slow and the game is going to release in maybe 10 years or more. 2. It's all a bullshit, a cash grab, a scam, whatever you want to call it but it's not a game that's for sure.

I don't know if you are paid or anything to pull out this bullshit on the forums or just a delusional fan but there's a moment when you have to stop believing and that moment is long gone by now. 

I really want to see further than that but i just can't. I had high hopes for this game when i donated in march 2015 but now i realise that it was only a dream and nothing more. I'll add to that that the devs have a shady past of cheating, scamming and so on. Just do your research and realise for yourself.

First off, I am not paid at all to moderate the forums. I do it voluntarily. Secondly, map designing isn't as easy as you make sound, same goes with models. They are working to make this game very realistic so they don't half ass their models; they put intricate details which you can see in the pictures shown. Not only do they need to make the model itself, but texturing it is very complex. They do this thing call unwrapping which lays out every side, corner and so on to where they then add textures making sure it fits perfectly on the model and there are no design errors on the finish product. So for the Town Square, all the objects shown in the picture take time and since they didn't show anymore than that it is either stuff still a work in progress or they aren't ready to reveal it yet. 

Everything on Twitter is planned, so if it isn't in the game it was just a decision changed before modules, beta and release. Many things come and go while games are in development. You shouldn't have had hopes that the game would be done March 2015 because they never game that early of a date, they stated different dates this year, but Motown has already said things have been delayed and he shouldn't have given such a ambitious date for the game. That's why we still haven't gotten release dates for anything because they are still very unsure about when it will be finished so they don't want to give a date and have to delay it again. 

• Like 2

hmm logically a normal human being would understand that Making a game is not easy and that the fact is it doesnt matter how long it takes 1 year to 5 years as long as we get a good game that i would spend lots of time on! Currently the problem is that people are inpatient so they are arguing which is utter bs cause it does not help no one and either the devs so its a lose lose situation. Quote from Worlds Strictest Parents Voluteer " If you wanna have a hissy fit go have a hissy fit but not im my home" Thanks

On 9/22/2016 at 1:46 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

Would be great if they had this but as we know they are a small team and most of them are working 2 jobs and so may be tied into the other job more and don't have the time.

I understand that, but I do think that they have 10 minutes once a month to post a quick dev update.  Just something, even if it was just a quick jot note list

• Like 2

They could do that but from my understanding they don't want to say hey this or this has happened. They don't want to say it because if they say it but then change that or something else they will be called scammers. If it isn't 100% going to happen they wont post it.

• Like 1