CurtisLee19941

I want to get into the beta (Buy a pass) But im put off.

Okay so. I've been wanting to purchase this game for a few months (i mean the passports)

But i am seriously put off, We dont get much from the devs apart from them answering questions & posting a few pictures now and then, I haven't seen the town square modual move from 64% since early may...

basically, As of now i feel like you guys are slacking with information for us guys, We wanna see more, and we want a new trailer! Because as of now it seems like the game is never going to get finished! So please devs, Show us more! We are all overly excited for this game but your not giving us enough!

This all may come across as harsh, But were just not seeing anything, and we haven't since early this year, Make a trailer to sweeten us up guys! :D I actually recall a few months ago you was meant to make a new trailer but were is it?

I honestly didn't want to come across as an ass, But this game is in the shadows, Show us more!!! Just a trailer will do! ;D

I may have rambled and not made sense but you can see what im getting at :)

• Like 1

Really its your patience which could decide i wasnt really put off because in the end i know ill get what i paid for and to be honest you kinda have been living under a rock since a couple of days ago they released pictures of town square so idk what your talking about lol

I saw the pictures, You honestly think thats enough? A town made up of place holders? for months we havnt really seen the game expand.. The first trailer was amazing and grabbed everyones attention, But now it just seems like there slacking, Im sorry if this offends, But it really does

No i dont think thats enough but right now your an investor not customer so you really dont know  what your gonna get in the end product

I backed the game, also i hope to get some more information. But still I have faith in the game and the future of it, also because the game has already a lot of backers. The developers almost always gives answers to questions asked either on facebook / twitter or here. So it is not completely silence, could they do more I think and hope so yes.  

@CurtisLee19941

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CurtisLee19941 said:

I saw the pictures, You honestly think thats enough? A town made up of place holders? for months we havnt really seen the game expand.. The first trailer was amazing and grabbed everyones attention, But now it just seems like there slacking, Im sorry if this offends, But it really does

Hate to burst your bubble but the first trailer was comprised of unity assets, so it wasn't really a creation of Asylum as such. But Lion is right, you invest in the game and you do take a risk, but if you're willing to wait and still be supportive you should back all the same.

For the record, this is a pretty sizeable project and they are but a small indie team. Motown still keeps up with twitter when he can, but he is also the 3D artist for the game. If you don't feel comfortable investing the money,  then don't. I for one, have faith that they are working hard on the game so I would rather them put the time to that then answering silly questions.

• Like 2

Well if someone is in doubt of backing because of lack of information or updates, then that is also up to the developers to take notice, in the end they need to attract people to invest.

So maybe instead of answering so many question ons twitter facebook etc. Maybe they can do a decent update every week or month.

But yeah if you are not sure then do not do it. There is a risk involved. 

• Like 2

I am personally waiting for true gameplay videos before putting down my money. Thing is, if it ends up looking good I will be going for at least $100 level and so will my S.O, her Brothers and quite a decent portion of our RP group. We have all been waiting for something that is basically the LIFE Mod but without the ARMA clunk and bleh. So I would have thought it'd be in their best interest to at least put together at least a few videos of some standard gameplay loops in concept. The only thing that would put me off is not having Aussie servers; I don't want to assume anything about servers being setup like Ark (etc) with Official ones all over the globe. So that info would also help us take the plunge.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CosmicTony said:

I am personally waiting for true gameplay videos before putting down my money. Thing is, if it ends up looking good I will be going for at least $100 level and so will my S.O, her Brothers and quite a decent portion of our RP group. We have all been waiting for something that is basically the LIFE Mod but without the ARMA clunk and bleh. So I would have thought it'd be in their best interest to at least put together at least a few videos of some standard gameplay loops in concept. The only thing that would put me off is not having Aussie servers; I don't want to assume anything about servers being setup like Ark (etc) with Official ones all over the globe. So that info would also help us take the plunge.

I don't know for certain but my guess is that they will try get a server in the most popular regions. I would otherwise maybe go AUS, Canada, US East, US West, UK, GER, and maybe more places but there will be private servers hopefully everywhere.

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I don't know for certain but my guess is that they will try get a server in the most popular regions. I would otherwise maybe go AUS, Canada, US East, US West, UK, GER, and maybe more places but there will be private servers hopefully everywhere.

I actually did a bit of research while I had the chance. Looks like the servers will be just like Ark and normal Altis Life setups. There will be official ones all over but we can also start our own. So that concern of mine is gone. Now on with the gameplay for confidence building ao i can drop some coin.

• Like 1

to make it short: they are not ea. they don't have 2 million employees to publish a game unfinished after 2 days. they are a little team (less than 20 people) and started the project from scratch via unreal engine.

So even there a small team, people can still wait if they want to when there is more to see, can't blame them, either you take the chance already like some of us did or you just wait.. But of course I hope many more will invest for the future of the game!

I would absolutely NOT buy a Beta pass atm. Wait until at least the first module is released before you put any money into the game.

21 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

I would absolutely NOT buy a Beta pass atm. Wait until at least the first module is released before you put any money into the game.

Is that due to you're own experience with Ealy Accesss games? 

8/10 of early access games I've backed/invested in have all come though with their promises. More often than lot, the downfall of a project is due to the community. 

You know this forum is starting to become cancer when people think they are investors.

When you give a considerable amount of money in exchange for company profits or ownership then maybe you can call yourself an investor.

Until then you're just some guy who paid for early access to a game that might fall apart before it comes out. Calling yourself an investor is like calling someone who preordered NBA2K17 an investor. You're just buying a product. 

Were you in the kickstarter? You're still not an investor even then, you simply donated your money.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aetion said:

You know this forum is starting to become cancer when people think they are investors.

When you give a considerable amount of money in exchange for company profits or ownership then maybe you can call yourself an investor.

Until then you're just some guy who paid for early access to a game that might fall apart before it comes out. Calling yourself an investor is like calling someone who preordered NBA2K17 an investor. You're just buying a product. 

Were you in the kickstarter? You're still not an investor even then, you simply donated your money.

If you give money. Before a product is made. And you give money to make the product. That is in fact the definition of a investor.

1 hour ago, Aetion said:

You know this forum is starting to become cancer when people like you give a shit on how the word 'invested' is used.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

You know this forum is starting to become cancer when people like you give a shit on how the word 'invested' is used.

How can I like more than once?

• Like 1

Oh gees, the Investor nonsense that comes up with all these Kickstarter Games.

NO, Kickstarting or buying early access is in no way making you an economic Investor. In economic terms Investing is always; money in with the expectation of more money out.

Kickstarting is like 90% final product based. You've just bought something before it exists, that's it. You are a consumer with hope - you pre-ordered based on a concept. At best you've pledged in a fundraiser, at worst you've paid for a con. But it's only a pre-order no matter which way its spun. Symbolically its a token of trust and financially it's support on the level of sponsorship.

BTW, as this was a money based interaction with Asylum Entertainment Inc, you can't just jump down the definition ladder and use the term emotionally. You used money, not time, goodwill or wishes. Thus we technically only refer to the monetary definition. Otherwise we 'technically' invest in everything we devote any amount of effort too and the meaning is gone anyway. 

Edited by CosmicTony

59 minutes ago, CosmicTony said:

Oh gees, the Investor nonsense that comes up with all these Kickstarter Games.

NO, Kickstarting or buying early access is in no way making you an economic Investor. In economic terms Investing is always; money in with the expectation of more money out.

Kickstarting is like 90% final product based. You've just bought something before it exists, that's it. You are a consumer with hope - you pre-ordered based on a concept. At best you've pledged in a fundraiser, at worst you've paid for a con. But it's only a pre-order no matter which way its spun. Symbolically its a token of trust and financially it's support on the level of sponsorship.

BTW, as this was a money based interaction with Asylum Entertainment Inc, you can't just jump down the definition ladder and use the term emotionally. You used money, not time, goodwill or wishes. Thus we technically only refer to the monetary definition. Otherwise we 'technically' invest in everything we devote any amount of effort too and the meaning is gone anyway. 

Listen. You don't have to get money in return for it to be an investment. I can be an investor if I put time into a relationship to watch it grow. Or watch my child grow. If you put money in a game your investment is the game itself. Investors fund things for something in return. This community invested 180,000$ into this game. Therefore are investors. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Listen. You don't have to get money in return for it to be an investment. I can be an investor if I put time into a relationship to watch it grow. Or watch my child grow. If you put money in a game your investment is the game itself. Investors fund things for something in return. This community invested 180,000$ into this game. Therefore are investors. 

Nope, sorry that's not how it works at all. We funded it, we did not invest. We are not getting money back.

26 minutes ago, CosmicTony said:

Nope, sorry that's not how it works at all. We funded it, we did not invest. We are not getting money back.

Look up the definition of "investment" you ignorant kid. Quit being stubborn.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, CosmicTony said:

"Nope, sorry that's not how it works." That's what somebody says when they've been proven wrong and can't think of anything else to say. You are stubborn and ignorant just as Calico said.