I reckon i'd be cool if businesses could advertise their brand around the island. This would increase realism and immersion, as well as bringing in customers. This could happen in a few ways;

• - Customised ads (ie; made by the player) which appear on billboards and walls (advertising space which may be rented/ brought), also could appear on the rear of a bus and inside the trains
  • - Player customised flyers, emails and catalogues which could be sent to residents and customers. These could contain upcoming sale deals and products
  • - Radio adverts recorded by the player, which play during the commercial break (could also be used on TV - if they're in Identity)
Edited by DoctorFosterGloster
  • Like 4

I LOVE the idea of billboards. Not only for business advertising but for public service announcements. Law enforcement PSA, government campaigns, the possibilities...

• Like 1

Love your ideas! Catalogs sound pretty cool for those in the fashion industry or maybe artists showcasing their work. 

• Like 1

Billboards are most likely already been discussed i believe/ mentioned. Also newspaper adverts is another one I have seen mentioned / discussed. but the other things you suggested are great ideas. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

You will be able to advertise your business in identity through billboards and newspaper articles. I don't know but I believe that  Radio adverts will be available to use.

Hope I helped :P

If I did, feel free to give me a like and/or a follow, it only takes a few seconds! :)

One thing that would be really handy is in game digital Business Cards. This is something you have to give willingly to people (via a phone app) and it will have all your contacts and business links on it. More than just a friend invite, as it can be completely separate from friends lists, more like a Business Contacts List. The Business Card just represents that relationship and only has the business info you would want an acquaintance or customer ('mark') too see. (Can be legit or just have aliases, false front info, dummy account info etc) 

And I think the best thing would be in-game websites for all the ads to link too. Just make them boilerplate templates we can customise with a few logos and colours. This would be a portal for job/mission/trade requests too (via in-game email @advertised-business-site). Other players can use the site to put in orders which you can fulfil or deny whenever you are around. So anyone who works for that business can trade on it's behalf too. The nexus for an organisation with different permission levels.

One of the best ways to advertise is just to have Signs on the sides of trucks and logos on our Buildings too.

• Like 3

On 14/09/2016 at 6:33 AM, DoctorFosterGloster said:

Cheers guys. I was also thinking about TV ads, which could be filmed by players and would air on the tele. (if televisions are in game of course)

You cannot film things so this is a no unfortunately due to performance reasons.

4 hours ago, CosmicTony said:

One of the best ways to advertise is just to have Signs on the sides of trucks and logos on our Buildings too.

You can add your logo on your business building (confirmed).

Well given a bunch of other things I plan to do in the game I also plan to have a small "Local" ((Swamp)) radio show, skits, songs if I can work it, and for all that Players giving me money to read ad scripts (that they write or I write for them at cost) is integral. Given that player owned radio is in the game at launch  one would hope

Edited by Deathblow_Georg
  • Like 1