Shimozukachi

forum search tutorial

hello community!

today i'll tell you how to search properly for topics.

1. step

identity1.thumb.PNG.8fabc6372f986c43d71b

the marked field in the right corner is the searching field. i've marked it red.

2. step

identity2.PNG.a821bd1258df23ee99b8769aae

when clicking the search field a "All Content" button will appear. if you click it you'll see 4 options: 

-All Content (shows you everything)

-Topics (this option allows you to search for topics containing the typed in words. we'll call them tags)

-Members (allows you to search for members).

-Advanced Search (shows you more options)

now let's continue with this tutorial

3. step

identity7.thumb.PNG.31c56b95c03c44b8edbe

if you click on advanced options you'll get access to more restrictions for your search like showing posts that have been updated in the last 24 hours.

but now let's start searching!

4. step

identity5.thumb.PNG.ba634defdd909f407027

if you search for  something you should use the basic form of the tags. let's take an example: we're searching for topics about crafting. we'll use the search tag "craft" without "" because craft is the basic form of crafting. it works the same way with multiple tags like "craft weapon" without "" because the search shows you everything containing both tags.

you'll see white marked words. they contain the tags you've searched for.

identity6.thumb.PNG.3faa0fc15b665311a919

under the searching field you'll see a sentence saying "+ More search options". clicking it will lead you to the already shown advanced options.

and that's it! :D

Edited by Shimozukachi
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

Sometimes, when I use the search function, nothing happens. Just blank pops up. 

I imagine that's because your search returned no results?

• Like 2

On 3.10.2016 at 10:56 PM, Luca_Santarelli said:

Sometimes, when I use the search function, nothing happens. Just blank pops up. 

try searching for other tags

Now do it for a cell phone, cause not everyone is on a pc here...and things are different for a cell phone. Im on S7 edge, till i get my rig wednesday

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Adding
  • Like 1

On 26.2.2017 at 5:48 PM, JohnNYBlaze said:

Now do it for a cell phone, cause not everyone is on a pc here...and things are different for a cell phone. Im on S7 edge, till i get my rig wednesday

it looks like this on my iphone 7 plus:

IMG_1029.thumb.PNG.f5a284c6721fa0a52e854

looks acceptable.

could you upload some screenshots? would be better than talking to someone who doesn't own the same device as you.

Edited by Shimozukachi

I am a complete noob and really have no idea how to navigate around efficiently on here so i wouldnt even kno how to put that up

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Adding

This is my 1st pc forum as ive been a console kid for as long as i can remember. 1 more day till my pc is built...fingers crossed

Im goin to have a lot to learn, and all this I'm taking on, so I can play Identity, its the only reason i wanted a pc. Now I'll be able to get into a whole lot more, that i couldnt do on console. Im not big on FB, Snapchat, Twitter...yada yada yada Ive always used my cell to call ppl and look things up on the net, when i want to know something, Or just reading up on different subjects...So i aint really good with navigating very well, its all a learning process for me

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Correction

This is how it looks on my S7 Edge, there is actually No search bar on my screen till i press that lil magnifying glass icon, then it pops up

Screenshot_20170228-212540.png

• Like 1

This is how it looks before u tap the magnifying glass icon, im goin to admit this...as stupid as it sounds...And i have said im a pc noob...i actually thought that was like to zoom in to read easier lol idk lol im pleading the 5th

Screenshot_20170228-213730.png

• Like 1

On 1.3.2017 at 3:36 AM, JohnNYBlaze said:

This is how it looks before u tap the magnifying glass icon, im goin to admit this...as stupid as it sounds...And i have said im a pc noob...i actually thought that was like to zoom in to read easier lol idk lol im pleading the 5th

Screenshot_20170228-213730.png

get into the mobile browser settings and change options to show desctop version. the mobile version is more easy to use because the search bar is in front of your eyes.

Edited by Shimozukachi

On 4/11/2017 at 7:45 PM, Orbiit said:

Why do we need a guide to do such a simple thing? smh

We need this because some people don't know what the hell they're doing when they come to the forums and post things that have already been answered multiple times... lol

• Like 1

I would like to know if you have the option in the forum to see which trophies we can get in the forum.