Frank

Luprano Family

Times have changed and crime is diversifying. Street gangs and other ethnic crime syndicates have sprouted up all over the place, but none warrant the quick shudder of fear when hearing the name la cosa nostra, "this thing of ours". Italian organized crime is the deadliest criminal organization on the island of Identity, if not the whole Earth. 

The Luprano crime family is a family started by Frank Luprano from Bari, Italy. He migrated to Canada and then to the Island where he started one of the largest crime syndicates in the world. 

The Luprano family is a pan-Italian cosa nostra family with it's members originally from other North American cities with mafia families, as well as home grown mobsters, and new blood imported from Italy. All made men in the Luprano family have southern Italian heritage with blood lines from places such as Sicily, Napoli, Bari, and Calabria.

•  The family has a strict code of honor, and all members must take the oath of omerta. 

The family is involved in a vast array of criminal activities that include:

extortion,     loansharking,     book making,     fraud,     kidnapping,     drugs,     illegal weapons,     contract killing,     robberies    & much more.

Almost anything that makes a hefty profit is of interest to the family, as well as legitimate and semi legitimate business endeavors. 

A mobster who is a hybrid of  a street tough guy and an earner is rare and extremely respected. Both are essential for the family.

Street guys play more of an enforcer role, laying down beatings, intimidating, murdering as well as doing things such as extortion and what not. Street guys are street smart and are traditional gangsters. 

Earners on the other hand are the brains of the family. They are the ones that make the big money, making big schemes and scams, without getting their hands as dirty up close and personal. 

When we call ourselves a family, we mean it. Once you take the oath to enter la cosa nostra, "this thing of ours", you will be treated as family; a brother, a father, or a son. You are expected to do the same. As a made man you will be treated with the utmost respect, you will get better opportunities to make money, and enjoy many privileges from the family, such as the police looking the other way in certain cases, discounts, and protection from other criminals.

*Nothing can break the family bond, we die for each other to preserve our way of life, our secrets, and the bond of family.* 

Below is an old version of the hierarchy, to show the basic outline of the family. A new hierarchy can be found underneath for comparison. (I am aware that IRL a family would not disclose it's hierarchy, however, this is a game and part of the benefits of being part of the family is respect and fear from others knowing you are a part of it, as well as rank.)

1485710868880-1739487255.thumb.jpg.6fb3b

Luprano_Family_Chart.png

Ranks: from greatest to least 

Boss/Don: The leader. The boss makes all the most important decisions and gets a cut of everyones money. He usually doesn't get his hands dirty but creates big schemes and is always guarded. He oversees the business of the family as a whole and makes decisions that benefit the family. The boss can authorize large plans.The boss is present at every initiation ceremony.

Underboss: Second in command. He supervises the street bosses, and deals with many issues that they need assistance in. He gets paid from the street bosses and turns over a large portion to the boss. The underboss acts as a consultant to the boss, along with the rest of the inner circle. Most of the concerns of the capo's and their crews are dealt with by the underboss, who acts as the voice and representative of the Don. The underboss consults the Don and the rest of the inner circle regarding very important issues. The underboss is next in line to be boss if the boss resigns. The underboss can create large crime plans and authorize them too. He is also usually present at the initiation ceremonies. 

Consigliere: Advisor; third in command. The consigliere is a very intelligent man who is also usually a lawyer or accountant. He manages the families finances, helps out with the cops, and helps out the family in the court of law. He is a direct advisor to the boss and in the inner circle along with the boss, underbosses and enforcers. He is usually present at initiation ceremonies. The consigliere usually associates with high status people like the mayor and chief of police. He is paid directly by the boss or underboss since he doesn't usually make collections or do dirty work. He usually also creates large money making schemes.

Enforcer: Our family has the rank of enforcer as a high ranking position in the family. This position is achieved after plenty of dedication and reputation. This person acts as our most reliable hitman, that takes care of the most dire of problems. He is personal bodyguard to the inner circle and is part of the inner circle himself. The enforcer organizes the most elaborate of hits and is extremely feared.

Street Boss: The Street Boss is an important position, and there are three Street Bosses, one for Ash Hill, one for Roseport, and one for Turtle Beach. Each street boss oversees the activities of the capo's and their crews in their respective cities. The Street Bosses resolve issues that the capo's need assistance in, such as territory disputes with other criminal groups, or any issues that may occur between crews in the same city. They are also involved in managing large scale business deals and schemes in their city, ensuring smooth collaboration between the crews to accomplish big jobs. Any issues that are too risky or important are brought to the inner circle, however, the Street Bosses are highly respected men, who are capable of making important decisions. They are paid kick up from the capo's that they supervise, and kick up a percent of their earnings to the underboss. The Street Bosses are present at very important meetings and can be present at initiation ceremonies. 

Captain/Capo: Captains' in charge of their own crew of soldiers. There can be many captain's, but they must each have at least three or four soldiers underneath them. Captain's are highly respected men of honor that are usually on the street with their soldiers making money doing collections, and other illegal activities(although they might also do some legal stuff.) A capo supervises and takes care of any problems in their neighborhood that they control. While they and their crews are under the guidance of a Street Boss, they still have a good deal of freedom on how they run their crew.The capos can create some medium sized schemes but anything too large must have permission first from higher ups. They get a cut of money from their own crew which they must kick up some to the underboss. The capos represent their crews and can usually be present at initiation ceremonies, especially the more powerful capos. Each individual crew is named after its capo.(The capos in-game last name.)

Soldiers: The muscle of the family. They are on the streets doing the daily activities of the mob. They must pay some of their earnings to their capo. Soldiers can make some small schemes but usually take place in medium sized ones orchestrated by their capo. Although soldiers are the lowest made members, they are still very powerful amongst society because they are made men. Once you have taken the oath of Omertà in an initiation ceremony, you become a made man, with the rank of soldier. Soldiers may have a small group of associates and wannabees that help them and give them cuts of money but it's not necessary or always constant. A soldier in a crew can be assigned by their capo as their right hand man. This simply means that they will likely have temporary leadership over the crew when the capo is in prison or takes a large leave of absence, and may aid the capo in making large decisions. Hardened soldiers who specialize in killing can be known as hitmen. The confidente di consigliere, or more simply, the Confidente, is an intelligent man that acts as a confidant to the consigliere, that is strongly involved in the family's businesses, finances, and relations with outsiders. Although these are sub ranks within the soldier rank, they have slightly more prestige over a regular soldier.

Associates: People not yet made into the family but that work with them. These can be wannabees or future prospects for the family but also people that can't join such as non Italian criminals, crooked cops, judges and people of other crime groups. If they want to be made, they have to be sponsored and presented to the inner circle of the family by the particular crew they work with. Although associates aren't as protected by the mafia and are not made, they can sometimes still warrant some reasonable power and respect.

To be made you must be of Italian descent (since I cannot verify this and want to give people a chance to have fun roleplaying you must atleast act and respect Italian culture, try watching some mobster movies or the sopranos if you are unsure or need a refresher).

Mobsters must dress appropriately, atleast most of the time and during meetings (no silly ridiculous things like tight pants or pink cars, atleast not while doing mafia duties.) Made men are feared and untouchable by other made men and the public because of the extreme retaliation for going against them. They carry influence anywhere they go and even the police and government will not attack these well organized killers. 

Once a person is made, nobody within the family or outside can kill them. To be killed by someone within the family, they must have the permission of the inner circle (boss, underbosses, consigliere, enforcers) otherwise they will be killed themselves. If anyone from outside the family kills a made family member, they will be dealt with quickly.

* To be part of cosa nostra is an honor and privilege as everyone will envy the power and respect that you carry. *

Soldiers must kick up money to their capo who kicks up to the underboss who kicks up to the boss. The consigliere is paid by the boss or underboss separately.

Oath: made members will have to take the oath of omerta In an initiation ceremony. You must always remain silent about the family and loyal.

Hangouts: We are based in Ash Hill but have crews in other cities. I don't know how the map is exactly, or how in depth the business system is, but my goal is for the family to buy a few businesses on a street and turn the street into a little Italy. We can have a cafe or pizzeria there which we will operate out of. This area will have a large cosa nostra presence, with plenty of wise guys hanging around.

If you have any question, message me or comment, we are opening our books for members. 

Stata buon, Frank Luprano

IMG_20160817_001134.thumb.jpg.fdacc26190

Don Franco Luprano

A short list of Italian and Italian-American Phrases:

Grazie (Pronounced "grats-ye")= Thank you

Prego (Pronounced "preh-go")= Your welcome

Come Stai? (Pronounced "co-meh st-eye")= How are you?

Bene (Pronounced "beh-neh")= Good

Uagliò (Pronounced "wall-yo")= "Hey kid", it can be used in a good or bad way as well.

Giovanotte (Prounounced "jova-note")= An expression of endearment to a younger person.

Barese (Pronounced "Ba-reh-zeh")= Someone or something from the City/area of Bari, in southern Italy.

Sicilian/Siciliano (Prounounced "See-chili-anno")= Someone or something from the island of Sicily, off the coast of southern Italy.

Paesan (Pronounced "pie-zan")= A friend, usually of Italian descent.

Compare (Prounounced "comb-pa-re")= A very close friend. 

Amico/Amicu (Pronounced "a-meek-oh" or in Sicilian, "a-meek-oo")= Another, and most direct word to say friend.

Stronzo/strunz' (Pronounced "Strown-zo" or in Barese, "stroonz")= Big piece of shit.

Merda (Pronounced "mare-da')= Shit

Gavone(Pronounced "Gav-own")= Stupid prick

Cazz (Prounounced "cats") = Dick

U' cazz (Prounounced "oo cats")= Literally means "the dick", but is an expression that means "nothing", in a pissed off way.

Stu'cazz/stugots (Pronounced "stew-cats")= Calling somebody a dick.

Cornuto/cornutu (pronounced "corn-oot-oh" or in Sicilian "corn-oot-oo")= Cuckold, can be used to curse someone

Riccione (Pronounced "rick-yown")= Someone who is homosexual.

Ciao (Pronounced "chow')= Hello/goodbye

Mangia (Pronounced "mon-jya")= Means "eat".

Mannaggia (Pronounced "mana-jya")= Used in a similar way to saying "damn it".

Ma che cazz' sta fasc'? (pronounced "Ma-ke-cats-sta-fash")= Barese for "what the fuck are you doing?"

Stunad (Pronounced "stoon-ad")= Dumbass

Putana (Pronounced "poo-tanna")= Whore

Cidrul (Pronounced "chidrool")= Moron

Vaffancul (Prounounced "Bafangool")= Go fuck yourself.

Cretin' (Pronounced "creh-teen")= Barese word for cretin/imbecile

Scarole (Pronounced "sha-roll")= Money

Trimone (prounounced "tre-moan")= Barese word for idiot/incompetent.

Minchia (Pronounced "mean-kia")= Wow

Mizzica (Prounounced "meats-ika")= Sicilian phrase, used similar to minchia.

*Updated Hierarchy* 

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1SH2qp2b9Muc-s8AFtVkPl7bGfIj-WXSVX_PbdpJC1ME/edit

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/14Cih0vfowNwCYvpoJmlKxywW4tyIk8teDeyiq1hZ_ds/edit

*And many more associates.*

Edited by Frank
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Much respect to you and your crime family. Wish you the best of luck. 

Michael Thatcher

Same to you, we will cooperate with and work along side other fair and powerful gangs such as your motorcycle club. 

-Frank Luprano

Edited by Frank

I like the idea and especially the name. But please try to make it more neat if your trying to be professional. This was poorly made and made me not want to read it. I see this more as a school report on small facts about the mafia. Regardless, Best of luck to your family. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

I like the idea and especially the name. But please try to make it more neat if your trying to be professional. This was poorly made and made me not want to read it. I see this more as a school report on small facts about the mafia. Regardless, Best of luck to your family. 

Luca, I originally made a much more detailed version describing the in depth roles of the various positions and many other things however it didn't go through and I don't have the time to do it again. In response to the part of how it looks like a high school report, my defense is that I have a very in depth knowledge about all Italian organized crime. In fact most of the stuff on your family is just taken from the mafia wikipedia directly or from movies. It appears as you are a new to the world of the mafia.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Oh... Shots fired....

Lol, maybe were going to hit the mattresses...

On 8/16/2016 at 5:14 PM, Frank said:

Luca, I originally made a much more detailed version describing the in depth roles of the various positions and many other things however it didn't go through and I don't have the time to do it again. In response to the part of how it looks like a high school report, my defense is that I have a very in depth knowledge about all Italian organized crime. In fact most of the stuff on your family is just taken from the mafia wikipedia directly or from movies. It appears as you are a new to the world of the mafia.

I've researched the mafia for more than two years, and I'm not starting shit, im just giving constructive critizism. 

Edited by Luca_Santarelli
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

Ok, you and another noticed that. Actually, I like to be proffesonal and mature and actually right facts about the mafia, as well as inform others by writing long ass paragraphs. It is good that I took directly from a Wiki, so you know, that I know my shit. I've researched the mafia for more than two years, and I'm not starting shit, im just giving constructive critizism. 

I don't mind constructive critizism, and am a level headed guy for the most part (as the don should be, even in a video game.) However, you could have messaged me with the critizism islnstead of posting it right here, possibly making me look bad. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Herzog said:

???

Hitting the mattresses is a mafia term for going to war.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2016 at 7:03 PM, Frank said:

I don't mind constructive critizism, and am a level headed guy for the most part (as the don should be, even in a video game.) However, you could have messaged me with the critizism islnstead of posting it right here, possibly making me look bad. 

Acting like that will not get you into the commision. Especially If you want to be a good don.

Edited by Luca_Santarelli
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

Acting like that will not get you into the commision. 

Actually, your offensive actions could probably lead to a war, not just with my future family, but with other criminal elements. What's the point of a commision seat if your family is devastated by conflict?

13 minutes ago, Frank said:

Actually, your offensive actions could probably lead to a war, not just with my future family, but with other criminal elements. What's the point of a commision seat if your family is devastated by conflict?

By what exactly do you mean "but with other criminal elements"

6 minutes ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

I mean you can offend other organizations which will may go to war with you.

Edited by Frank

On 8/16/2016 at 7:18 PM, Luca_Santarelli said:

And by the way Mr. Santarelli, how do you know I won't be able to be in the commision? The capo Di tutti capi will decide who is in the commission and that may possibly be me, depending on who has the most powerful family. Im sure the other families will agree with me.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

Sure, try and join. Im sure the BCR MC agrees with me.

I'm not going to put Mr Thatcher on the spot, and he doesn't need to choose a side but he might depending on what happens in the future.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Well, my club and the Highwaymen MC have a very strong relationship with his family. Probs best not to go stirring shit. 

@Micky_Tohmpson

Who is stirring shit? Clearly I'm not, he is the one who started the conflict.

4 minutes ago, Frank said:

Who is stirring shit? Clearly I'm not, he is the one who started the conflict.

Yeh but i dont want to be the one to end it. Lets just chill yeh. Talk this out like the respectful gentlemen you are...

5 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Yeh but i dont want to be the one to end it. Lets just chill yeh. Talk this out like the respectful gentlemen you are...

Well I suppose that is the point of the proposed commision, to mediate and solve disputes...

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frank said:

Well I suppose that is the point of the proposed commision, to mediate and solve disputes...

Well. Come into the commission with that shit, I bet you'll be regretting you ever started a mafia.