JamesLuck01

FAQ Extended (Updated)

8 hours ago, Treyler said:

So what is the price of starting a corporation? 

We have no clue on that answer and I am sure it is not yet decided upon until nearer to release/ beta!

16 hours ago, DesT said:

I was wondering, is there going to be like Parkour/Freerunning let's say like in Dying Light(Not zombies just parkour) or like Mirror's Edge?

Parkour will not be in Identity, maybe in the future.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎-‎08‎-‎2016 at 1:51 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

1. Currently, you can pre-order, or pledge early for Identity for as low as $15 (without beta access) or $30 (with beta access) from our website @ identityrpg.com - however, we expect the price of the game to jump up to about $45 when it hits steam, as steam takes a pretty large chunk of income from each sale.

If you buy the Citizen Passport, will you then be able to activate the game on Steam, when it gets released there?

Edited by MikaFromDenmark
Wrong spelled word

53 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

If you buys the Citizen Passport, will you then be able to activate the game on Steam, when it gets released there?

They will likely send out a steam key for you to activate yes.

• Like 5

If gaming wheels are supported, what will the physics be like? And will you be able to mod cars so they will drift? That would be an insane feature.

36 minutes ago, JOSHG526 said:

If gaming wheels are supported, what will the physics be like? And will you be able to mod cars so they will drift? That would be an insane feature.

You can customise cars extensively but I don't know if you can do it to make them drift and the physics will be realistic.

This seems like an amazing game but why would Identity be rated 18+? If it were just violence and straight up drug making then that would be absolutly fine with me, but if there is sex/nudity then I would reconsider the game.

9 hours ago, CoopQuack said:

This seems like an amazing game but why would Identity be rated 18+? If it were just violence and straight up drug making then that would be absolutly fine with me, but if there is sex/nudity then I would reconsider the game.

The game could be rated 18 for many reasons, we only have 2 reasons known.

On 01/04/2017 at 11:58 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

You can customise cars extensively but I don't know if you can do it to make them drift and the physics will be realistic.

Yes, do you think if you were driving a rear wheel drive car and you lost traction, it would counter-steer automatically or would you just spin out?

47 minutes ago, JOSHG526 said:

Yes, do you think if you were driving a rear wheel drive car and you lost traction, it would counter-steer automatically or would you just spin out?

I don't know as nothing has been asked like that but maybe @HairyGrenade or @Olio can answer for you.

2 hours ago, JOSHG526 said:

Depends 100% on how the force feedback is coded which will be a challenge as this isn't a racing game.

3 hours ago, JOSHG526 said:

Don't believe the driving will be that realistic. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

Don't believe the driving will be that realistic. 

I've sent Marthalion some decent resources on creating realistic physics so we might see some resemblance of tyre physics over the limit for both understeer and oversteer conditions. :)

identity_vehicle_physics_messagetoprogra

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MitchellTheKiller said:

@JamesLuck01  will g27 steering wheel be supported? Its populair how far i know. I dont know if its really that populair but its a shifting wheel.

2017-04-10-08-03-51--204465780.jpg

The answer given on the main part of this thread is the answer. If it is popular then it will be supported and that is as much as I can tell you.

2 hours ago, Treyler said:

Is it possible to get sick

I am sure you can get illness' yes and so being sick possibly is something already.

I feel like they should either update the Town Square module progress bar to actual progress or just remove it entirely as it has essentially become pointless. I would rather it go down in percentage than keep it static like this because it would feel more realistic as an indicator. I knew I might be beating a dead horse here but I just want a better measure of what to expect in the future.

30 minutes ago, RunningW0LF said:

I feel like they should either update the Town Square module progress bar to actual progress or just remove it entirely as it has essentially become pointless. I would rather it go down in percentage than keep it static like this because it would feel more realistic as an indicator. I knew I might be beating a dead horse here but I just want a better measure of what to expect in the future.

Well they only update it when they fell they have hit a milestone in development and so is in big chunks.

46 minutes ago, RunningW0LF said:

Do we have another ETA on release or is it up in the air?

Please read the main post on the first page as it gives a estimate/ guestimate of when it could be.

Sorry, I should have been more clear I meant for the Town Square module as we are already past Easter weekend.

8 minutes ago, RunningW0LF said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear I meant for the Town Square module as we are already past Easter weekend.

https://gyazo.com/08f3dcef40a6f165630540d14a403de1 It is the same answer as it says there, there is no ETA on when it will be out. That is the best answer you will get unfortunately.

I don't know what RDM/VDM is, explain? 

1. I'd also like to know about cheating (mods, hacks, scripts, etc), and the Dev policy on this, as well as what's being done to combat it.  It will happen, it always does.  I've seen too many games simply ruined by this and the Dev's inability to properly combat the problem (if they even cared at all).

2. Regarding housing and real estate:  Will we be able to just by a plot of dirt and build our own house on it to live in or sell/rent?

3. How will law enforcement be alerted to crimes?  Example:  Depending on server population, a few criminals could make short work of an area unless there are automated systems in place to notify law enforcement players that something is amiss.

4.a. Regarding the prison system.  How are prison terms actually served?  Can the convict simply log out and play other games while the sentence runs its course?  

4.b. What about executions of criminals?  Are inmates executed?  If so, what happens to the PC?  Do they just respawn at their apartment?  Do they have to reroll an all new PC?

5.  How are rerolls handled?  As in, can we respec skills, change appearance and/or gender, etc?

Edited by Tourist
More questions. Always more questions.