Sign in to follow this  
NutterButter

Fast travel?

So I was curious, what about getting from one side of the map to the other, quickly? are trains going to be a part of the game since all flight is obsolete, because following the speed limit all the way across the game seems a little slow where as a train could touch all major cities as well as rural areas and give sight seeing a good, quick launch.

it will also help with transportation of materials as well as populations for events in said area( big sale in Queens, NY) when you're in Connecticut. just a curiosity since I didn't see anything about fast travel in the search bar....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

So I was curious, what about getting from one side of the map to the other, quickly? are trains going to be a part of the game since all flight is obsolete, because following the speed limit all the way across the game seems a little slow where as a train could touch all major cities as well as rural areas and give sight seeing a good, quick launch.

it will also help with transportation of materials as well as populations for events in said area( big sale in Queens, NY) when you're in Connecticut. just a curiosity since I didn't see anything about fast travel in the search bar....

Conductor opportunities, I dig it bro... I believe they said they were not adding flight as of now but definitely a future update i would like to see. Fast travel would ruin immersion.. realistic feeling i guess you could say. The game is built off the immersive feeling so adding a fast travel would defeat the purpose but a topic to be touched upon I would say.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Venedict said:

Conductor opportunities, I dig it bro... I believe they said they were not adding flight as of now but definitely a future update i would like to see. Fast travel would ruin immersion.. realistic feeling i guess you could say. The game is built off the immersive feeling so adding a fast travel would defeat the purpose but a topic to be touched upon I would say.

I'm just thinking that a lot of people will want to get products from one place to another quickly, and it could add another level of police involvement. and perhaps events happen in specific cities and you don't want to safely drive at 60mph when you can wait 10 minutes less on a train going 80mph.

I don't think it will ruin immersion as it turns into a waiting game, but perhaps you are correct. I just know that I want to have kilos of cocaine shipped across map as I don't want my deals any where near my factory ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NutterButter said:

I'm just thinking that a lot of people will want to get products from one place to another quickly, and it could add another level of police involvement. and perhaps events happen in specific cities and you don't want to safely drive at 60mph when you can wait 10 minutes less on a train going 80mph.

I don't think it will ruin immersion as it turns into a waiting game, but perhaps you are correct. I just know that I want to have kilos of cocaine shipped across map as I don't want my deals any wheyre near my factory ;)

Well it wouldn't take that long doing a load of cocaine in a truck or car haha.... They do not want the map feeling "to small" due to planes.. We will see ofcourse how long it will take being the map is over 200km2 large.

People would take fast travel with open arms honestly, because theres nothing people dislike more than a running or waiting simulator. If you've ever played DayZ yes you may be thankful for the immersion, but not for the huge amounts of time you spent just running across the map. It could still be immersive and realistic to a satisfaction whilst having some form of fast travel.

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

People would take fast travel with open arms honestly, because theres nothing people dislike more than a running or waiting simulator. If you've ever played DayZ yes you may be thankful for the immersion, but not for the huge amounts of time you spent just running across the map. It could still be immersive and realistic to a satisfaction whilst having some form of fast travel.

It could go both ways man... They do not want the map feeling smaller, they want it to be as realistic as possible.. running or waiting simulator? You would find a ride. Its not like its hard to find a ride like DayZ, work, get a car, live how you want. I could see fast travel to spawning in like the social hub or something like that but not fast traveling from city to city..

Edited by Venedict

5 hours ago, Venedict said:

It could go both ways man... They do not want the map feeling smaller, they want it to be as realistic as possible.. running or waiting simulator? You would find a ride. Its not like its hard to find a ride like DayZ, work, get a car, live how you want. I could see fast travel to spawning in like the social hub or something like that but not fast traveling from city to city..

But as like you and everyone has said already they don't want fast travel because it would let people skip a lot more interaction by train than going by a vehicle. They purely don't want it to make the map to look to small but its more about people want to skip traffic, easy avoiding the simple interactions a such.

I wouldnt like a fast travel system however i dont think that if they had a train system it wouldnt be so bad, just imagine that morning rush for all the people that dont own cars as they try to get the train to work in the morning. 

Edited by Herzog
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Herzog said:

I wouldnt like a fast travel system however i dont think that if they had a train system it would be so bad, just imagine that morning rush for all the people that dont own cars as they try to get the train to work in the morning. 

Would be a blast :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

idc what was written before this: is fast travel possible in the genre (real life) identity will be?

What?

On 06/08/2016 at 5:56 PM, Venedict said:

"They do not want the map feeling smaller" If the map is as big as they say it will be then you are suggesting that no game out there with fast travel and a large map has a proper justification of using it, because people will always want to travel on foot or in a vehicle or whatever. They won't. And even if you can get a ride it's like in Skyrim or Just Cause you can catch a ride yes but often you will use fast travel to save time. If you have to travel literally everywhere it will get boring. I'm not saying they should use fast travel if they don't leave huge gaps inbetween with nothing but landscape as then travelling to and from will be fun enough, my experience of DayZ was just way too much running to buildings and such which were few and far between, which got very boring. 

6 hours ago, Kickapoo said:
8 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

idc what was written before this: is fast travel possible in the genre (real life) identity will be?

What?

can you fast travel in reallife?

10 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

I thought that's what you meant, no you cannot! But please Shimo, Identity won't be THAT realistic anyway.

4 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

I thought that's what you meant, no you cannot! But please Shimo, Identity won't be THAT realistic anyway.

It's as realistic as you make it man... If all of what the game contains is true then it will be insanely realistic.... You won't need fast travel, trust me..

1 hour ago, Venedict said:
6 hours ago, Kickapoo said:
16 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:
22 hours ago, Kickapoo said:
On 7.8.2016 at 6:20 PM, Shimozukachi said:

What?

It's as realistic as you make it man... If all of what the game contains is true then it will be insanely realistic.... You won't need fast travel, trust me..

yep. fast travel won't allow real roleplay. everyone would just do it like in skyrim and fast travel to the next quest npc or trading npc. and before anyone asks: no, in reallife a trucker can not skip traveling to the destination just because he hates to continuesly drive there. that's how reallife works

41 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

yep. fast travel won't allow real roleplay. everyone would just do it like in skyrim and fast travel to the next quest npc or trading npc. and before anyone asks: no, in reallife a trucker can not skip traveling to the destination just because he hates to continuesly drive there. that's how reallife works

If were talking about this game being realistic as possible then people will have to walk everywhere and won't be able to run because it would be considered socially strange to do so.

3 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

If were talking about this game being realistic as possible then people will have to walk everywhere and won't be able to run because it would be considered socially strange to do so.

yep. and the next thing is that everyone has to drive a either black, grey, silver or white car

Well whats fun in fast travelling your gonna miss all the scenery the devs took their time on m8 and plus i dont care if it take 20 mins in real life to get to the other side by train in rush hour cause thats gonna be the best roleplay you will probably get and plus fast travel kills the glory and action of true identity

1 hour ago, LionKingGamer said:

Well whats fun in fast travelling your gonna miss all the scenery the devs took their time on m8 and plus i dont care if it take 20 mins in real life to get to the other side by train in rush hour cause thats gonna be the best roleplay you will probably get and plus fast travel kills the glory and action of true identity

Oh yes, I felt that fast travel in Skyrim and Just Cause totally ruined the game because I couldn't see the scenery which I would see later anyway, oh wait 

On 8/8/2016 at 1:13 PM, Shimozukachi said:

I agree man fast travel is a bad idea