CamdenAnderson

How do we become cop and is there an age limit?

1 hour ago, CamdenAnderson said:

Okay, it makes my angry that I can't show people how mature I am over the forums and none of you have to deal with me otherwise. If I have to prove myself them I will

The solution to this is that younger players will probably be cops on more lax official and private servers while some servers will whitelist their cops. People looking for older cops will have to look for those servers.

18 hours ago, CamdenAnderson said:

Okay, it makes my angry that I can't show people how mature I am over the forums and none of you have to deal with me otherwise. If I have to prove myself them I will

In my experience those young aged kids that need to state how mature they are; are actually not mature. So don't state anything to do with it, as people will not think you are mature. (That's just a heads up, that its happened before on this forum). To show your maturity, just show it when in the modules and beta because everything will be reset for the full game release I am sure and so you can prove it then over mic and in situations as its not easily believed on a forum like you said.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:57 PM, MrEngie said:

Hi Camden!

In regards to the age, it more than likely won't matter, you'll probably just have to pass through the other tests that police departments have, such as an interview, physical, and personality test, and then if you get through those you'll just have to go through the police academy. Then in regards to the Arma 3 question, this is it's own game that's all about simulating real life in a way. Think of it as playing the Sims but with a strong mixture of actual life, and that the character you make is who you play as. If you need more info there is plenty of videos on Youtube that will talk about it, and the devs on Twitter are very good about talking with people about the game. If that fails, there are plenty of users here, myself included, who'd be willing to help fill you in!

I hope this helped, and if no one has said it yet, welcome to Identity!

Cheers!

Sounds cool, I hope to join the PD when the game is out! I am very hyped for this game to come out and I see a lot of potential .  

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the game will have a age limit.

And as it was said before, nobody wants to get pulled over by a 12 year old cop, or be talking to one. Not that there is anything wrong to be 12 years old.

But a little bit older a cop should be. And atleast a cop that doesn't troll.

• Like 1

There are almost always exceptions to a rule, but speaking about maturity levels in general........well go and spend five minutes in GTA Online with voice turned on, but be prepared to have your ears bleed lol.

I've read that there will be no age limit, bur you do have to take some sort of tutorial or test first. One of which that will teach you how to use the equipment and such of the role.

On 9/26/2016 at 3:17 PM, Jinx said:

There are almost always exceptions to a rule, but speaking about maturity levels in general........well go and spend five minutes in GTA Online with voice turned on, but be prepared to have your ears bleed lol.

Just went online on GTA on PS3 a little 12 year old guy where keep driving me over and thought it was fun.

And this is something we don't want in Identity.

And getting pulled over by a 12 year old instead of a  18 year old people might wont take the 12 year old that serious, and this is something they should think about. 

I actually rather getting pulled over by a 18 year old, who probaly will know hes things and do a great job instead of a 12 year old. But this is only what i think, there will probaly be a few good 12 year old cops, but go on Altis on the bigger servers. There is litterlary no 12 years cops only grown up. 

I'm not that old, but i'm old enough to play any game. And 12 years shouldn't be playing this game since it has drugs/weapons etc in the game.

6 hours ago, LittleVic said:

Just went online on GTA on PS3 a little 12 year old guy where keep driving me over and thought it was fun.

And this is something we don't want in Identity.

And getting pulled over by a 12 year old instead of a  18 year old people might wont take the 12 year old that serious, and this is something they should think about. 

I actually rather getting pulled over by a 18 year old, who probaly will know hes things and do a great job instead of a 12 year old. But this is only what i think, there will probaly be a few good 12 year old cops, but go on Altis on the bigger servers. There is litterlary no 12 years cops only grown up. 

I'm not that old, but i'm old enough to play any game. And 12 years shouldn't be playing this game since it has drugs/weapons etc in the game.

On 26/09/2016 at 10:15 PM, Shypindive said:

I've read that there will be no age limit, bur you do have to take some sort of tutorial or test first. One of which that will teach you how to use the equipment and such of the role.

Well there is no age limit for becoming an officer in the game but The game will most definitely be a 18 rated game but when does that stop 12 year old's from playing 18's? It simply don't. That's why the developers said it will be an 18 game but they don't mind younger gamer's playing it. As long as a 12 year old has parents that allow them to play an 18 game then there will always be a 12 year old joining.

• Like 1

As James said, for any children wanting to prove their worth just prove it in game. Trust me when I say I was young once and I was restricted to everything. But it does help if you act mature and take it serious in game. I'd rather see you pull me over and act professional about it rather then me getting pulled over and you saying "Can I see your license?" And then shoot me for no reason. Roleplaying with children is like tuna and strawberry jam. They don't go together well but sometimes people enjoy that sorta thing. Just keep working hard and prevail guys.

On 9/26/2016 at 3:17 PM, Jinx said:

^^^^ Quote is being wierd to me can't remove it.

Of course there will be both trolling 12 year olds and good 12 year olds. And as you said Genesmith they can prove that they are worth to be a cop. Just by playing by the rules etc makes them a good cop.

Edited by LittleVic
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LittleVic said:

^^^^ Quote is being wierd to me can't remove it.

Of course there will be both trolling 12 year olds and good 12 year olds. And as you said Genesmith they can prove that they are worth to be a cop. Just by playing by the rules etc makes them a good cop.

You make a good point. 12 year olds are trolls. But not all. I trust some of them and they can be good if they apply themselves to the job.

• Like 1

And that was what i said, not all are trolls. But there is alot of 12 years old that are. And there is of course 18 years and 13 and 11 years old that trolls aswell. And the thing is they can't prove that they are good cops by doing the "test" or whatever it gonna be ingame. They need to prove that they are good out in the field to prove that they are a good cop and worth to be one.

I know when the game is fully released there will be 12 year old cops, and i'm pretty sure there will be some real awesome 12 year old cops. And the thing about being older is that they(or most of them) show respect to the older ones. And that it's something that is worth gold. Having a 12 year old ingame showing respect. Or atleast for me it is. Now i'm 21 years old almost 10 years older. But as i said they can prove it on the field(aka ingame)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleVic said:

And that was what i said, not all are trolls. But there is alot of 12 years old that are. And there is of course 18 years and 13 and 11 years old that trolls aswell. And the thing is they can't prove that they are good cops by doing the "test" or whatever it gonna be ingame. They need to prove that they are good out in the field to prove that they are a good cop and worth to be one.

I know when the game is fully released there will be 12 year old cops, and i'm pretty sure there will be some real awesome 12 year old cops. And the thing about being older is that they(or most of them) show respect to the older ones. And that it's something that is worth gold. Having a 12 year old ingame showing respect. Or atleast for me it is. Now i'm 21 years old almost 10 years older. But as i said they can prove it on the field(aka ingame)

I'm 18 and honestly this is true. I've met my fair share of adult trolls that won't take it serious because they think they're high and mighty. But I do like when younger kids treat their RPers with respect. It's very refreshing.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2016 at 0:55 PM, Cornholio said:

Just because they're kids shouldn't me you limit them to certain things. That's just not fair.

Whoever told you that life is fair lied to you.

• Like 1

On 21 September 2016 at 2:57 AM, Glueman said:

IFirst to cornholio from my experience on ARMA life 12 year old cops never work and servers that allow that usually end pretty quick or never get players , i'm not being a dick i'm just telling the truth, also its my opinion if you don't like it then there's a logout button right there we don't need fucks like you throwing pissy fits when they don't like someone's opinion.

And to camdenanderson i have nothing against you i want people to know abut and play this game and i'm fine with you playing this game but roles that really matter to the structure of a server should be left to people who are fit for the role.

I'm 13 and in say this if he buys the game he should be able to play whatever role he wants if he does it in correctly fine but your basing your opinion of evidence that hasn't been proven not all 12 year olds are crybabies cos I know sure as hell I wasn't so I suggest next time you make a comment you should make sure you have something to back it up

As I am now 13 I will be a little older for all this and the only thing that I can do right now is just say I respect your opinion. I have had the same experiences with other people my age that I don't like, I do understand how everyone feels about it and I hope that you can see my maturity over the forums and at least come to the realisation that I am not some 12 year old that doesn't know how to spell. thanks everyone who has been on my side but I would like to focus more on what the game is going to be lile and not what age I am because between  the thousands of people that have already bought the game I am only one.

On September 21, 2016 at 7:29 PM, CamdenAnderson said:

its not about proving you are mature. its about the voice. When you are 18+ you'll start to understand and have the preference of wanting people who sound like adults in ur community and around you. Being angry over our opinion shows us that the maturity level isn't there yet. Give it some time there are plenty of rp games out now that you can spend valuable time on to gain some knowledge and understanding of the adulthood . Best of luck

*posted before i even noticed there was 2 pages already :o 

Edited by RoniQ15
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoniQ15 said:

its not about proving you are mature. its about the voice. When you are 18+ you'll start to understand and have the preference of wanting people who sound like adults in ur community and around you. Being angry over our opinion shows us that the maturity level isn't there yet. Give it some time there are plenty of rp games out now that you can spend valuable time on to gain some knowledge and understanding of the adulthood . Best of luck

*posted before i even noticed there was 2 pages already :o 

That was a couple of months ago  and I have greatly matured in that time and that is not the way that I look at it any more, and I have been playing lots of arma 3 life with ALRP, USGROLEPLAY and others.

4 minutes ago, CamdenAnderson said:

That was a couple of months ago  and I have greatly matured in that time and that is not the way that I look at it any more, and I have been playing lots of arma 3 life with ALRP, USGROLEPLAY and others.

Oookay get that practice in and deepen those vocal tones. As long as you are serious about the game and have that knowledge of what to do in certain situations i think you'll be alright in my opinion. 

No I really think that what you have said was really inspirational, I can say whatever I like in hopes that it will make me look more mature but it's not going to make me mature, thanks.

On 9/19/2016 at 3:40 AM, Cornholio said:

Alright, I thought you were just being a dick in your own topic but now I can see you're a lonely little cuck who has nothing better to do than to insult people on this site. I want you to leave if you can't say anything nice. There are way too many people like you on this site. So kindly, fuck, off.

If anybody here is being unreasonable, it's you. He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, and it's one that I happen to agree with. Do you really want a horde of 14 year old (or worse, 12 year old) cops running around, not roleplaying at all, ruining the server for everybody? 

Ideally, staff would impose an age limit of 18 years old on the Police Force. But, that probably won't happen.

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny said:

If anybody here is being unreasonable, it's you. He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, and it's one that I happen to agree with. Do you really want a horde of 14 year old (or worse, 12 year old) cops running around, not roleplaying at all, ruining the server for everybody? 

Ideally, staff would impose an age limit of 18 years old on the Police Force. But, that probably won't happen.

I could say the same thing to what you just said, and not getting mad, I'm 13, so who the fuck cares? it's not anyone else's opinion that I'm worried about. I'm perfectly fine with you having youread opinion.

Personally, I'm 17, turning 18 in August of 2017. Quite a lot of people have said that they'd prefer an 18+ age limit (To play, roleplay as a cop or both) and even if I want to roleplay as a police officer (and planning to apply for the police academy in real life), I can't help but agree with them. There's going to be players in their twenties through thirties that actually wants to spend their time with advanced and serious roleplayers.

I'm not saying 12 and 13-year-olds can't be good, but there's going to be people that have roleplayed for longer than they could talk. I have a decent amount of experience with roleplay and a good amount of experience with building characters,  but due to the possibility of an 18+ age limit, I can't get my hopes up for being able to roleplay as a cop or even be allowed onto the servers if it's released before my birthday. And that's fine.

There are multiple reasons for why anyone under the age of 14 shouldn't be allowed near games like these, but I think that a trial period or a certain set of servers would be appropriate to test this out. People under a certain age could also apply to play Identity and be set under a stricter set of rules than their seniors. (This was somewhat of a brainstorm and English isn't my native language. My apologies if some of the sentences may seem incoherent.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acrane said:

Personally, I'm 17, turning 18 in August of 2017. Quite a lot of people have said that they'd prefer an 18+ age limit (To play, roleplay as a cop or both) and even if I want to roleplay as a police officer (and planning to apply for the police academy in real life), I can't help but agree with them. There's going to be players in their twenties through thirties that actually wants to spend their time with advanced and serious roleplayers.

I'm not saying 12 and 13-year-olds can't be good, but there's going to be people that have roleplayed for longer than they could talk. I have a decent amount of experience with roleplay and a good amount of experience with building characters,  but due to the possibility of an 18+ age limit, I can't get my hopes up for being able to roleplay as a cop or even be allowed onto the servers if it's released before my birthday. And that's fine.

There are multiple reasons for why anyone under the age of 14 shouldn't be allowed near games like these, but I think that a trial period or a certain set of servers would be appropriate to test this out. People under a certain age could also apply to play Identity and be set under a stricter set of rules than their seniors. (This was somewhat of a brainstorm and English isn't my native language. My apologies if some of the sentences may seem incoherent.)

The game would most likely be released after your birthday anyway

4 minutes ago, MrFren said:

The game would most likely be released after your birthday anyway

I'm aware of that now. I've spent the time after posting that reading other forum threads, getting to know when the modules are released vs the actual game etc. The friend that introduced me to this said the beta would be released somewhere early next year. 
Pro tip for anyone reading this: Read up before you post.