Sign in to follow this  
CptGhille

Police Ranks?!?

I was just wondering how police command will work for the official server? Are we gonna have a police Commissioner leading over the whole city and then having individual chiefs for certain towns like in real life. And how will you determine who gains that position if it is applied? I am just wondering because I am hoping to join the force and would like to know who leads who and how they will be lead.

5 hours ago, CptGhille said:

I was just wondering how police command will work for the official server? Are we gonna have a police Commissioner leading over the whole city and then having individual chiefs for certain towns like in real life. And how will you determine who gains that position if it is applied? I am just wondering because I am hoping to join the force and would like to know who leads who and how they will be lead.

I am not sure that we have any worth while information about the ranks, but there are 3 major cities overall and the system of what your describing is different in other places in real life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I am not sure that we have any worth while information about the ranks, but there are 3 major cities overall and the system of what your describing is different in other places in real life.

Yup. Three different cities, Probably each with their own little towns and districts/counties.

As for ranking. Ask kitty! She's the community knowledge transferer. 

Me, I have a memory and eye YouTube hard. So I can answer questions as well, but only if they've been gone over/are youtubed. 

I don't touch Twitter lol

I'm sure once we establish jurisdictions through role-play, and once the game is released, we will know more information on how the police departments will work. Varying from local, county, and state law enforcement agencies, it will depend how the administration of each department will want to organize their rank/department structure.

Ideally, and merely my opinion, local departments chiefs should be appointed by the city council after an application and vetting process. The Sheriff's Department should have an interim sheriff until an election can be held, and the state commander/chief/director should be appointed by the Governor. Having these processes will allow for checks and balances to occur, since the local and state administrators are appointed by an elected official and the Sheriff held accountable by their constituents. 

From there, each administration can gauge how many officers are needed within their jurisdictions for ample coverage of calls for service. Some agencies will have many auxiliary services, such as the state police; whereas the local departments may have fewer due to funding and employees. 

Edited by dtantalo
  • Like 1