Kickapoo

Hunt For The Worst Game Ever

As a thought to get to know you guys better, i thought perhaps we could use this post as a place to store our largest game hates. Perhaps games you had hyped for which turned out to be rubbish, a game you payed good money for which turned out to be a total waste. A game which the devs destroyed, or simply a game which was shite all round. Myself has played many of them, so let me know what you guys think....

Space Engineers

Space_Engineers_1.thumb.jpg.f968f157c165

I bought this game a while back because I saw how it offered a rich and customisable crafting system with good multiplayer support. After playing though I thought it to be one of the most boring, dull and uninspiring titles there was out there. This is because there literally is nothing to do. You build a ship and then either go after AI ships or fight other players, which really wasn't that fun in my opinion. And most of the time I would spend too long building a ship for it to be blasted apart within seconds whenever I got into conflict. 

Hatred

header.jpg.9da9b5d11fd8e5d13dfd547f32c61

I also felt compelled to buy this game because it appeared as something much different, finally a mindless shooter with no bounds which you could vent some steam off on whenever you needed. And yeah I'll admit it is what I just mentioned, except the novelty wears off after the first few levels. This is because the game virtually repeats itself time after time until the end, shoot some civilians, rob some money or blow something up. The camera and controls are slightly clunky too. Then there's the usual dumb AI, dreadful story, cringey narrative and lack of weapons. This game was mostly hype and no delivery, due partly to the initial controversy it caused...

Hitman Absolution

579a82587b738_header(1).jpg.ffba4fc5ba34

God, don't even get me started on this pile of crap. If I wanted to play a game where I was scored for absolutely everything I did, I would of just gone and bought driving test simulator. And that is exactly what this game does, and as a result if you even go so far as knocking a civilian out to make your time a little easier you get points deducted from your final score. When going into a mission i felt so pressured to get as many points as possible in order to feel i had "achieved" something at the end and not just messed it up. Unfortunately because of this I ended up waiting long periods trying to get around the several sensible ways to complete the mission which would otherwise cost me points, which was very frustrating. The game states you have the freedom to complete the mission how you want, but because of the pointless points system you are basically encouraged not to, and try and do it as cleanly as possible, in other words the most boring and time consuming way. The story is also pretty dull, most level designs are linear despite the apparent freedom and the contracts mode is just a crappy breakdown of the single player missions. It's so bad this game I cannot begin to comprehend.

Edited by Kickapoo

@Kickapoo i don't want to to tell you some critic etc. but space engineers (at the moment planet engineers at the same time) is one of my favorite games.

the worst game ever was/is "e.t. the extra-terrestrial"  for the atari (the movie was good)

15 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

@Kickapoo i don't want to to tell you some critic etc. but space engineers (at the moment planet engineers at the same time) is one of my favorite games.

the worst game ever was/is "e.t. the extra-terrestrial"  for the atari (the movie was good)

Ye buoy that's the official worst game ever, but chances are most people here haven't played that so would choose something else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Ye buoy that's the official worst game ever, but chances are most people here haven't played that so would choose something else.

right. for me the worst game was and is metin 2 - if you have a quest and all monsters were available before you started the quest they'll all just be gone

4 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

right. for me the worst game was and is metin 2 - if you have a quest and all monsters were available before you started the quest they'll all just be gone

That just looks like another shabby free to play, most free to plays have very large flaws.

3 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

That just looks like another shabby free to play, most free to plays have very large flaws.

yep. but it gets worse if you play perfect world international. it's completely pay to win but doesn't have that monsters are gone mechanics.

*slides in to the thread* all I gotta say is... Watch Dogs. I was so pumped for the game that I got it basically the day it released. 

it was a major disappointment.

they made enough money though that they're coming out with a sequel. hopefully it's better than the first, but eh. (oh hey, it comes out this November. that was fast.)

• Like 1

On 30/07/2016 at 4:42 AM, catastrophe said:

*slides in to the thread* all I gotta say is... Watch Dogs. I was so pumped for the game that I got it basically the day it released. 

it was a major disappointment.

they made enough money though that they're coming out with a sequel. hopefully it's better than the first, but eh. (oh hey, it comes out this November. that was fast.)

On 07/09/2016 at 4:05 PM, Profender said:

Watch dogs for sure! 

I doubt very much the sequel will be much better, I mean looking at the E3 footage there's gonna be some hefty downgrades coming our way on the final release, what can I say viva le Ubisoft

Watch Dogs: was such a let down, and was over marketed which killed it.

Far Cry 4 & Primal: Far Cry 3 unfortunately set a standard for Far Cry that their last 2 installments could not beat.

No Man's Sky: Although I love NMS, it is well known Hello Games overhyped this game and board line lied to the consumer, pushing it as a MMO, when it wasn't.  

E.T: We all know...

Mass Effect 3: Another title I love, however many hated the original multiple options for the end of the game. The hatred was so deep, developers released free DLC to add extra endings to the series so people would be happy. 

Demonic: Many don't know this game, and will never get the opportunity to play it. Originally a big Triple A title for Xbox, and was shown in the movie: Grandma's Boy, Demonic was cancelled before being finished. 

Silent Hills Aka PT: Del Toro was to be directing the latest installment of the Silent Hill series. However shortly after the launch of the demo, P.T, Del Toro pulled his support for the title and cancelled the game. 

Saints Row: Argued by many to be fun, comedic games, and Rival to GTA. However the SR series ended up bankrupting THQ causing them to liquify. 

LA Noire: considered a pioneer in acting and facial detail, LA Noire is considered a cult classic by many, myself included. Sadly this game killed the creator company due to the amount of stress and money it took to make. By the time LA Noire was finished being developed, Santa Monica Studios was filing for bankruptcy and selling their ownership to Rockstar, who was aiding them with funding. 

Agent: So far the biggest hyped game that has yet to be released. It can be looked at almost like GnR's Chinese Democracy.  Rockstar announced Agent almost 10 years ago, and have stated that the game is still in development, with a scheduled release of 2017. However with no more information except what Rockstar is telling us, and the title card, many aren't holding their breath. 

Metal Gear Survive:  Konami's upcoming release under the Metal Gear title. However without Kojima, the creator on board anymore, fans of MGS are expecting a flop, and the trailers have fueled the rage. 

(Part 1, more will be posted after others get the chance to)

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Watch Dogs: was such a let down, and was over marketed which killed it.

Far Cry 4 & Primal: Far Cry 3 unfortunately set a standard for Far Cry that their last 2 installments could not beat.

No Man's Sky: Although I love NMS, it is well known Hello Games overhyped this game and board line lied to the consumer, pushing it as a MMO, when it wasn't.  

E.T: We all know...

Mass Effect 3: Another title I love, however many hated the original multiple options for the end of the game. The hatred was so deep, developers released free DLC to add extra endings to the series so people would be happy. 

Demonic: Many don't know this game, and will never get the opportunity to play it. Originally a big Triple A title for Xbox, and was shown in the movie: Grandma's Boy, Demonic was cancelled before being finished. 

Silent Hills Aka PT: Del Toro was to be directing the latest installment of the Silent Hill series. However shortly after the launch of the demo, P.T, Del Toro pulled his support for the title and cancelled the game. 

Saints Row: Argued by many to be fun, comedic games, and Rival to GTA. However the SR series ended up bankrupting THQ causing them to liquify. 

LA Noire: considered a pioneer in acting and facial detail, LA Noire is considered a cult classic by many, myself included. Sadly this game killed the creator company due to the amount of stress and money it took to make. By the time LA Noire was finished being developed, Santa Monica Studios was filing for bankruptcy and selling their ownership to Rockstar, who was aiding them with funding. 

Agent: So far the biggest hyped game that has yet to be released. It can be looked at almost like GnR's Chinese Democracy.  Rockstar announced Agent almost 10 years ago, and have stated that the game is still in development, with a scheduled release of 2017. However with no more information except what Rockstar is telling us, and the title card, many aren't holding their breath. 

Metal Gear Survive:  Konami's upcoming release under the Metal Gear title. However without Kojima, the creator on board anymore, fans of MGS are expecting a flop, and the trailers have fueled the rage. 

(Part 1, more will be posted after others get the chance to)

Wow your comment is pretty interesting, some stuff there I never knew! Did Saints Row seriously kill THQ? I'm sure I would have seen that somewhere if it did. Also if Rockstar have been developing a game for over 10 years the graphics will be crap when it comes out, like Duke Nukem Forever. Except that was disappointing in almost every other way, too.

Saints Row Series was a major contributing factor in THQ's closure. The other major factor was the WWE series. Both were making less than what was being put into development. 

Agent was announced by Rockstar during July of 2007. To this day, we still have yet to see any screenshot or concept image for it, but it is still listed on Rockstar's games and is scheduled for 2017. It is suppose to be a cold war free roam espionage game. 

17 hours ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Saints Row Series was a major contributing factor in THQ's closure. The other major factor was the WWE series. Both were making less than what was being put into development. 

Agent was announced by Rockstar during July of 2007. To this day, we still have yet to see any screenshot or concept image for it, but it is still listed on Rockstar's games and is scheduled for 2017. It is suppose to be a cold war free roam espionage game. 

Doesn't really sound like a game Rockstar would create if I'm honest, still sounds decent

I was really disappointed when Sims 4 came out. The building and decorating aspect of the game is pretty good, but other than that it just isn't fun. It's no longer open world and there are loading screens everywhere you go. The textures/graphics look real fake and unrealistic in my opinion. Also, babies grow right into young children lol. Sims 4 is definitely not as fun as Sims 3.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

It's like a lot of games, The Sims 3 was probably the peak of The Sims franchise and as a result EA failed to improve it further and released a game which ended up actually being worse. I never really had the patience for the sims but I must admit I did have fun on The Sims 3 at one point 

3 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

It's like a lot of games, The Sims 3 was probably the peak of The Sims franchise and as a result EA failed to improve it further and released a game which ended up actually being worse. I never really had the patience for the sims but I must admit I did have fun on The Sims 3 at one point 

yeah, but sadly the only thing that has been added (in my opinion) was just the character creation (let's just say 1.5). did you ever compare the reactions of your sims in sims 2 and 3 when they've complained about their stats? in sims 2 they've looked "at you".

1 hour ago, Shimozukachi said:

yeah, but sadly the only thing that has been added (in my opinion) was just the character creation (let's just say 1.5). did you ever compare the reactions of your sims in sims 2 and 3 when they've complained about their stats? in sims 2 they've looked "at you".

I never played Sims 2 mate.

45 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Sims 2 was my favorite one. Worst game though has to be Borderlands

Boarderlands was a disappointment. 

On 05/11/2016 at 3:00 AM, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Boarderlands was a disappointment. 

On 05/11/2016 at 2:19 AM, GeneSmith said:

Sims 2 was my favorite one. Worst game though has to be Borderlands

Have you guys played Borderlands 2? That was a really good game imo

2 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

Have you guys played Borderlands 2? That was a really good game imo

While I enjoyed the challenge I didn't like how slightly tedious it was and the grind was just awful. I also like the cell shaded graphics but would have enjoyed the original art style more. 

6 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

While I enjoyed the challenge I didn't like how slightly tedious it was and the grind was just awful. I also like the cell shaded graphics but would have enjoyed the original art style more. 

I agree it was a bit of a grind, but playing with mates usually helped with that. The loot system was the best part, hunting for legendaries etc. The Pre-sequel was the most disappointing because they changed almost nothing and named it another triple A title.