I just wanted to say DON'T PANIC in large caps and post it, I feel some people have been expecting much faster progress on this game but fail to realise the large amount of boring ground work required in a game of this scale. Unlike modding games like ARMA III (with mods like DayZ), much of the game engine and foundation needs to be worked properly to have a stable yet adaptable foundation. 

Let's give the devs as much time and support they need to release a solid and fun game. I'll finish with the old cooking quote "If you're looking, it ain't cooking.

Also always bring a towel.

• Like 3

No footage after over a year and half is definitely reason for worry, a picture of a different model every few weeks/months isn't really proof that much is getting done, most models they've been showing could be done in a day. Just yesterday on twitter they said that there was still no ETA on the video, and I'm sorry to say but for people who don't think something is up they have to be truly gullible.  

Edited by Kalebninja
  • Like 1

As I said, the boring stuff (and time consuming stuff) is being done now, I would rather the creators not spamming my twitter with code from the engine etc. 

Even if there are issues going on with production, Panicking will only put more pressure on the devs. I doubt that rage and anger spam will make them want to continue developing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Suben said:

As I said, the boring stuff (and time consuming stuff) is being done now, I would rather the creators not spamming my twitter with code from the engine etc. 

Even if there are issues going on with production, Panicking will only put more pressure on the devs. I doubt that rage and anger spam will make them want to continue developing.

How do you know what's going on right now? They haven't disclosed that information. Everyone needs to be vocal and demand to see real progress, else I urge people to start looking into getting a refund. The fact that this is a kickstarter and literally no progress has been displayed in this amount of time beside some ingame models is absolutely unacceptable. This isn't some cute project that they can take their time on and keep everything behind curtains, people invested in them and expect to see progress.

• Like 1

I hate to say this, but I'm starting to agree with the doubters. They gave eta's for the module's as 2016 and even though we are already halfway through the year, it's not really that which worries me, it's the lack of information. Identity is slated for a 2017 release, so we should be a long way past the '' large amount of boring ground work required in a game of this scale''. Some of our crew have as much as $300 invested in this, and I'm the one from our group who is designated to watch for information, and they're all worried because I never have anything to tell them.

They still have five months to make good on the modules, but yes, the lack of information coming from them is more than worrying.

• Like 1

They haven't even done as much as post a dev update in 4 months.  I mean, I understand it takes a lot of work to show for a little, but even a quick what's up every few weeks, show the models or whatever have been pushed out, mention issues you have whatever.  Something should be posted at SOME POINT.  If I recall, they estimated a Fall 2016 release, back in Fall 2014.  A year and a half should have SOMETHING to show for besides what was originally posted.

While I think being aggressive is the worst way to go about it, I agree that, at least those who paid, are entitled to something. It doesn't mean you have no patience or don't understand how long it takes to make a game, it's simply wanting reassurance that they're actually working on it and haven't run off with your money. And as well intentioned as the users are who say don't worry, give it time - well no offense, but if you're not in any way associated with the game, you can't know what's really going on/whether the devs have given up. 

I don't think it's wrong to ask for updates, especially when they were promised. I don't even care if they're videos, I just want to know I didn't waste my money, and I'm not even one who got in from the ground so I can imagine how Kickstarter backers feel.

Edited by lpriml

49 minutes ago, lpriml said:

While I think being aggressive is the worst way to go about it, I agree that, at least those who paid, are entitled to something. It doesn't mean you have no patience or don't understand how long it takes to make a game, it's simply wanting reassurance that they're actually working on it and haven't run off with your money. And as well intentioned as the users are who say don't worry, give it time - well no offense, but if you're not in any way associated with the game, you can't know what's really going on/whether the devs have given up. 

I don't think it's wrong to ask for updates, especially when they were promised. I don't even care if they're videos, I just want to know I didn't waste my money, and I'm not even one who got in from the ground so I can imagine how Kickstarter backers feel.

I did kickstart it with $250 of my money, but I say don't worry to those guys because well the devs will give us more info when they are ready and asking constantly just wastes the time by answering it. Also if it was not so frequently asked then I won't care, but it just clogs up the forum but also if there is an update about things, I guaruntee the regular forum users will post to tell everyone about it.

In response to the new kickstarter update I can confrim that DONT PANIC WAS good advice. Hopefully they have some towel models in.